I sell handmade airports. - Page 184 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:38 AM   #2746
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: I sell handmade airports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Some little changes on the section i have already finished: i added the decals (letters and numbers) instead of handmade ones.

The numbering/lettering re-make on this section is beautiful. I like the slightly mottled coloration because this is how things look in the real world when exposed to the day-to-day conditions of Mother Nature. Very detailed work and a splendid result!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2020, 05:56 AM   #2747
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
The numbering/lettering re-make on this section is beautiful. I like the slightly mottled coloration because this is how things look in the real world when exposed to the day-to-day conditions of Mother Nature. Very detailed work and a splendid result!
Pete
Thanks my friend.
Very had job for this layout but i am slowly moving forward.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #2748
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Now the tarmac is finished i can start to understand (i am joking) how the wood panels must be connected. In fact i put some numbers and letters:
1A, 1B, 1C
2A, 2B, 2C
3A, 3B, 3C
4A, 4B, 4C
What does it mean:

- from left to right = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
(but each number is formed by three wood panels because, from up to down, each number-section, 1 for example, is formed by three wood panels), so
- from up to down = 1A, 1B, 1C
2A, 2B, 2C
3A, 3B, 3C
4A, 4B, 4C
- 5 and 6 are the two wood panels forming just the end of the runway.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #2749
The Dark Side

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-13-2020, 04:44 PM   #2750
The Dark Side

I put the numbers+letters on the back of each wood panel so you, dear Joseph, can understand how to connect them.
Now i will start to reproduce the various parking stands of the three terminal buildings.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-14-2020, 08:07 AM   #2751
The Dark Side

Anyone knows which cargo airlines serve London Gatwick?
Because i checked the measures with Google Maps and each cargo parking stand is about 50 meters wide (12,5 cm in 1:400 scale), useful for B757F and B767F (up to B767F) but not for bigger cargo airplanes like B777F and B747F.
Google Maps measures are perfect and with no doubts but i am not able to find which airlines are serving the facility.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #2752
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
None scheduled
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:08 AM   #2753
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
None scheduled
Thanks. Do you know if airplanes like B777F and B747F arrive? Because the parking stands are not wide enough for them.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #2754
The Dark Side

I started to work on the cargo terminal, maybe the easier to make respect South, North and Round.
I decided to add a "widebodies parking stand, up to B747F".
The panel i am working is the 4A, the upper panel of the 4th row.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #2755
The Dark Side

LGW Cargo area is taking life

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #2756
The Dark Side

According with Joseph i decided to cover the rooftop-cardboard junctions using small pieces of cardboard. I like the roof top but it is too long for a single piece of cardboard so i had to add three pieces of it, making the junctions. I will cover them soon.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-26-2020, 05:50 AM   #2757
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

That is good detailing on the roof! The scale and shape of the terminal are both excellent. Nice airport!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:10 AM   #2758
The Dark Side

Thanks Pete.
I updated the roof top adding some cardboard pieces.

Charter airlines lover

Old 10-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #2759
The Dark Side

London Gatwick cargo terminal + apron is finished.
I updated also the cargo terminal building.

Charter airlines lover

Old 10-07-2020, 09:53 AM   #2760
The Dark Side

I am starting to work on the North Terminal
This is less than half airport and i had to connect some wood panel to understand where to put the North Terminal

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: