I sell handmade airports. - Page 179 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #2671
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: I sell handmade airports.

Joseph, this is what we were talking about today afternoon, half of the previous project

the round terminal works very well, all the eight widebodies parking stands work well with the B747's.

here you can see the development of the previous project (from right to left):

- Round Terminal + parking stands
- taxiway
- South Terminal with parking stands

here the sketches of the projects, an evolution of them

This is the final project: eight 1 x 1 meter wood panels and four 1 meter x 25 cm wood panels A REAL GIANT!!!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #2672
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Hi.
London "Gatwick" airport is an immense project. 1750 meters x 900 meters airport, something of gorgeous to realize in 1:400 scale. It is an incredible challenge even for me, now used to realize handmade airports of all types.
But let me present the collector/Wings900 member who made possible all this beauty: Joseph.
Build and handmade airport trying to make it an almost perfect replica of the real one, is a great emotion, a job, an effort, a challenge and a continue pleasure. Knowing i am realizing something for another friend, fellow collector, member, enthusiast repays me of all difficulties. Especially when the airport is "the airport of life" for the collector, like London LGW for Joseph. I don't think someone is ready to ask for a so big project, about 9,7 square meters, paying an important sum of money, if he is not enough "crazy" to love our hobby! My dear friend Martin from Germany is one of them and Joseph is yet another great, beautiful, crazy collector.
And my more extreme happiness is make happy "crazy" (liek me!) collectors.
But let me say something more about Joseph (with his permission, of course): "he is from London, he collects 1:400 models owning about 600 models. He colelcts since 2006 when he bought his first Gemini airplane. He was so impressed by the beauty and quality of the model to start collecting.
He decided for London "Gatwick" because this airport was a common place to visit with his family when he was young, with a lot of beautiful "images" of spotters on the former spectators viewing terrace on the South Terminal (sadly no more exist). His life dream was to have a reproduction of the airport, with the Round Terminal as guest (for its unique shape).
Along with collecting and spotting another hobby is bird watching".

A life dream and i am the person who can make this true! This is the most beautiful and touching reason because i create handmade airports, trying to do all my best to make them perfect.
Thanks Joseph for your trust in my skills.

The red surrounded area is the area i should realize: about 1700 meters x 900 meters.

In the next post i will deepen the measures factor.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:00 PM   #2673
The Dark Side

Hi Martin, some updates

As you can see the inner court is filled with:
- three lines road starting and finishing with a tunnel entrance
- car park
- grass and some artificial lakes similar to Orlando airport.

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-28-2020, 04:28 PM   #2674
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi.
London "Gatwick" airport is an immense project. 1750 meters x 900 meters airport, something of gorgeous to realize in 1:400 scale. It is an incredible challenge even for me, now used to realize handmade airports of all types.
But let me present the collector/Wings900 member who made possible all this beauty: Joseph.
Build and handmade airport trying to make it an almost perfect replica of the real one, is a great emotion, a job, an effort, a challenge and a continue pleasure. Knowing i am realizing something for another friend, fellow collector, member, enthusiast repays me of all difficulties. Especially when the airport is "the airport of life" for the collector, like London LGW for Joseph. I don't think someone is ready to ask for a so big project, about 9,7 square meters, paying an important sum of money, if he is not enough "crazy" to love our hobby! My dear friend Martin from Germany is one of them and Joseph is yet another great, beautiful, crazy collector.
And my more extreme happiness is make happy "crazy" (liek me!) collectors.
But let me say something more about Joseph (with his permission, of course): "he is from London, he collects 1:400 models owning about 600 models. He colelcts since 2006 when he bought his first Gemini airplane. He was so impressed by the beauty and quality of the model to start collecting.
He decided for London "Gatwick" because this airport was a common place to visit with his family when he was young, with a lot of beautiful "images" of spotters on the former spectators viewing terrace on the South Terminal (sadly no more exist). His life dream was to have a reproduction of the airport, with the Round Terminal as guest (for its unique shape).
Along with collecting and spotting another hobby is bird watching".

A life dream and i am the person who can make this true! This is the most beautiful and touching reason because i create handmade airports, trying to do all my best to make them perfect.
Thanks Joseph for your trust in my skills.

The red surrounded area is the area i should realize: about 1700 meters x 900 meters.

In the next post i will deepen the measures factor.
Hi Joseph.
Waiting for the start of the works on the 12 wood panels, some measures of "Gatwick":
- distance among lower edge of the Round Terminal and upper edge of the South Terminal = 232 meters = 58 cm
- taxiway among Round Terminal and South Terminal = 80 meters = 20 cm
- South Terminal length = 482 meters = 125 cm
- South Terminal width = 30 meters = 7 cm
- length vertical section connecting the oblique-railway section of the Round Terminal with the South Terminal = 151 meters = 38 cm
(width = about 11 meters = 3 cm)
- length oblique-railway section of the Round Terminal = 189 meters = 47 cm
(width = 35 meters = 8 cm)
- distance among Round Terminal right edge and the lateral right fence = 160 meters = 40 cm
- distance among Round Terminal upper edge and north fence = 212 meters = 53 cm
- dimension airplanes parking stands Round Terminal:
a) above = 84 meters = 21 cm
b) left = 89 meters = 22 cm
c) below = 81 meters = 20 cm
d) right = 82 meters = 20 cm
- width taxiway on the right of the Round Terminal = 42 meters = 10 cm
- North Terminal length = 417 meters = 1 meter
- North Terminal width = 15 meters = about 4 cm
- Cargo Terminal length = 420 meters = 105 cm
- Cargo Terminal width = 44 meters = about 10 cm
- distance among the South Terminal left edge and Tower = 884 meters = 221 cm
- distance among the North Terminal left edge and the Cargo Terminal right edge = 300 meters = 75 cm
- distance among the South Terminal lower edge and the runway = 420 meters = abut 1 meter

In the next post i will share the size of all Terminals parking stands.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 06-30-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #2675
The Dark Side

Martin, it is a masterpiece so far!

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #2676
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi Joseph.
Waiting for the start of the works on the 12 wood panels, some measures of "Gatwick":
- distance among lower edge of the Round Terminal and upper edge of the South Terminal = 232 meters = 58 cm
- taxiway among Round Terminal and South Terminal = 80 meters = 20 cm
- South Terminal length = 482 meters = 125 cm
- South Terminal width = 30 meters = 7 cm
- length vertical section connecting the oblique-railway section of the Round Terminal with the South Terminal = 151 meters = 38 cm
(width = about 11 meters = 3 cm)
- length oblique-railway section of the Round Terminal = 189 meters = 47 cm
(width = 35 meters = 8 cm)
- distance among Round Terminal right edge and the lateral right fence = 160 meters = 40 cm
- distance among Round Terminal upper edge and north fence = 212 meters = 53 cm
- dimension airplanes parking stands Round Terminal:
a) above = 84 meters = 21 cm
b) left = 89 meters = 22 cm
c) below = 81 meters = 20 cm
d) right = 82 meters = 20 cm
- width taxiway on the right of the Round Terminal = 42 meters = 10 cm
- North Terminal length = 417 meters = 1 meter
- North Terminal width = 15 meters = about 4 cm
- Cargo Terminal length = 430 meters = 105 cm
- Cargo Terminal width = 44 meters = about 10 cm
- distance among the South Terminal left edge and Tower = 884 meters = 221 cm
- distance among the North Terminal left edge and the Cargo Terminal right edge = 300 meters = 75 cm
- distance among the South Terminal lower edge and the runway = 420 meters = abut 1 meter

In the next post i will share the size of all Terminals parking stands.
Here we are with the parking stands size Joseph:

South Terminal
- north side to south side, from right to the left
parking stands 82 meters long on the north side = 20,5 cm, 69 meters long on the south side = 17 cm, 72 meters long at the left edge of South Terminal = 18 cm
13L, 13 and 13R = 86 m = 22 cm
15 = 62 m = 15,5 cm
17 = 66 m = 16,5 cm
space among 17 and 19 = 24 m = 6 cm
19 = 64 m = 16 cm
21 = 65 m = 16 cm
23 = 62 m = 16 cm
25 = 76 m = 19 cm
27M = 74 m = 18,5 cm
28 =39 m = 10 cm
24 = 40 m = 6 cm
22 = 37 m = 9 cm
20 = 39 m = 10 cm
18 = 37 m = 9 cm
16 = 37 m = 9 cm
14 = 38 m = 9,5 cm
12 = 38 m = 9,5 cm
11 = 37 m = 9 cm
10 = 39 m = 10 cm

North Terminal
- from left top the right
parking stands 106 meters long = 26 cm and 102 meters long on the right oblique section (towards the Round Terminal building) = 25,5 cm
distance among 54L to 53 jetways (54L, 54M, 54R, 53) = 76 m = 20 cm
distance among 53 to 52M jetways (53, 52L, 52M) = 75 m = 20 cm
distance among 52M to 51L jetways (52M, 52R, 51L) = 78 m = 19,5 cm
distance among 51L to 50 jetways (51L, 51M, 51R, 50) = 71 m = 17,5 cm
distance among 50 to 49L jetways = 46 m = 11,5 cm
distance among 49L jetways to the left border of the service road on the left of 49R parking stand (49L, 49M, 49R) = 66 m = 16,5 cm
distance among 48M and 47M jetways = 87 m = 21,7 cm
distance among 47M and 46 jetways = 80 m = 20 cm
48L, 48M and 48R parking stands space = 92 m = 23 cm
distance among the left border of the oblique service road and 48M jetway= 40 m = 10 cm
47L, 47M, 47R parking stands space = 85 m = 21 cm
46 = 50 m = 12,5 cm

Cargo Terminal
- from left to the right
parking stands 89 meters long = 22 cm
159 = 50,5 m = 12,5 cm
158 = 50 m = 12 cm
space among 158 and 157 parking stands (excluding the service road of 157 stand) = 26 m = 6,5 cm
157 = 51 m = 12 cm
H9WEST and H9EAST buildings = 117 m = 29 cm -> building length
(H9WEST = 52 m = 13 cm H9EAST = 52 m = 13 cm... 13 meters more to arrive at 117 meters in total are service roads...13 m = 3 cm)
154 = 40 m = 10 cm
153 m = 48 m = 12 cm

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 06-30-2020 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #2677
The Dark Side

You all can understand what realizing a such big project like 1700 meters x 900 meters London "Gatwick" airport means, and what kind of job there is under the project.

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-30-2020, 07:25 AM   #2678
The Dark Side

Martin the pax area is finished (and yes, i will add the parking numbers on the top of the parking stands).

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #2679
The Dark Side

These pieces of wood are the start of the various terminal buildings. Cargo Terminal pieces of wood are still missing.

These in the pic are:
South Terminal
North Terminal
Oblique and Straight Railway Terminals (linking the Round Terminal to the South Terminal).

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #2680
The Dark Side

Hi Martin

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #2681
The Dark Side

Hi Joseph

This is the layout of:
- round terminal
- oblique + straight terminals
- south terminal

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: