Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

Kabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributor
Flughafen Zürich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997

Those who still remember my diorama "Zurich Airport in Summer 1986" (https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...6-1-600-a.html) see now the whole area of ​​the terminals A and B in Zurich. Everything is scale 1:600 ​​and accurately represents a scene that could have played in September 1997, between 11 to 12 clock noon. On dock B you see a brand new Boeing 777-200IGW of Malaysia Airlines. Swissair is changing the MD81 fleet into the Airbus-Narrowbodies family (one of the last MD81 is standing on dock A).

The models of the buildings (in exactly dimensions of the real terminals) are already 20 years old (but now a little renovated), the tarmac is new, the GSE I have built all made ​​of paper in recent years. The state of the structures corresponding to the year 1990, but between 1990 and 1997, there was no significant new buildings created in this area. The face of Zurich airport changed until 2001 with the construction of Airside Center and Dock E and the end of Swissair in the same year.
Attached Thumbnails
Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web2219.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web228.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web226.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web2218.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web2222.jpg  

Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-gesamtansicht_vorbild.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web2212.jpg  
My historical 1:600 diorama of Zurich airport ZRH/LSZH
http://goo.gl/nmeMa7
New Dock E 2011 diorama: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-ai...0-diorama.html

Last edited by Kabasch; 08-08-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Kabasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
RJ First Officer

Kabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributor
Re: Flughafen Zürich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997

-------------
Attached Thumbnails
Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web42.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web43.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web2210.jpg  

Last edited by Kabasch; 08-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Aviation fan

EchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobby

WOW!
The best 1:600 scenery that i never see!!!

Nice work Kabash >(Schaback?)

Greetings

Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

You'd be amazed by what one can do in 1/600. Check out Scale600, and your yaw will drop.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoCharly View Post
Nice work Kabash >(Schaback?)
DAMN you cracked the secret name! And I was wondering whta it meant!
Do I fell stupid? YES!!

Kabasch, your buildings are amazing! your photography is kickin!
even the ground foil hits tops in realism!
what is that made with?
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Ferry Enthusiast

Andrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobbyAndrew757 is a legend of the hobby

Amazing airport!! Well done.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
banned

thomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributorthomsonfly737 is an excellent contributor

It makes me want to collect 1/600 again.

Excellent!
thomsonfly737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Excellent airport, congratulations.
1/600 scale is not my favourite scale. Schabak models were nice in early 90's but the not improve later. Bad for Schabak, Herpas Magic Wings also not made big story...

tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobby

Yes, I am not really a big fan of 1/600 either, but this airport contradicts everything I believe!

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport
DeltaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #10
RJ First Officer

Thank you all. Well, I would not collect 1:600, if I were young today. The reason why I choose 1:600 is because I already collected Schabak since 1985. Of course, the quality of the models can not compare with 1:400 (my second collection scale), but don't forget, there was first Schuco / Schabak, the inventor of scaled diecast airliners! And Schabak was the only provider in the 80s. In late 80s to about ca. 1995 Schabak offers a very wide range of different models and airlines, and last but not least: Schabak has sold affordable models for young people. And people who was building an airport (which were not many people "before Herpa"), they could buying for less money COMPLETE Lufthansa, KLM or Swissair fleets.

The models of buildings I have already built with card and paper 22 years ago with the help of plans of the former airport authority, and I have renovated them in recent years.

The apron I drew with help of Google Earth and old photographs and plans of ZRH using Adobe Illustrator (do not forget, today is ZRH much different than 1997). Finally, I have about 1000 GSE vehicles drawn by using Adobe Illustrator and all put together by hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web4.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web223.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-alle_fotos_f-r_web224.jpg  
Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #11
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

No doubt, your are a PIONEER!
A 1000 GSE is also a remarkable effort. I don't suppose you did that while serving jail time
You should lend this terrific effort to be displayed at the Zurich airport! Be proud to share your work.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobby

Yes, I would be interested to learn more about how you made your GSE. I've been trying to make my own but it never turns out. Yours looks very good for a homemade product.

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport

Last edited by DeltaDude; 08-09-2011 at 09:29 PM.
DeltaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Hut dawn...
This is impressed airport. I would like to have your patience and talent.

tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #14
RJ First Officer

Thank you for the compliments!

Well, the GSE are most simple, others (the catering trucks) are a bit more complex to put together. I show you some photos of the GSE.

A big advantage is: In a small scale like 1:600 ​​you can remain relatively abstract. All things indeed are very tiny, but also simple in form. So it's possible,doing a bus, a fire truck and a petrol car as a simple box. Very difficult to put together are the little cars. They are smaller than a fingernail.
Attached Thumbnails
Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-blog_a.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-blog_b.jpg   Flughafen Zrich/Zurich Airport (ZRH) in autumn 1997-blog_c.jpg  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:34 AM   #15
Just give me wings!

I see what you mean!
Still the outcome is amazing for such a small paper vehicle. I don;t think I would be that successful if I tried it.
Your GSE enhances the reality to to relatively poor Schabacks in detail.

Did you add the "Hazard of swallowing to children under age of 3. Small parts included" text on the GSE?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: