Danzig Flughafen 1936 - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #46
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon
Re: Danzig Flughafen 1936

I really really like your airport. It got this feeling, the feeling of 1936 (even if I was not born back then). The feeling that makes ju just want to look at the airport over and over again.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #47
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

To be true, I didn't expect this realizm of the diorama I made.
Now I want to finish it and see how it will look together with my airship Graf Zeppelin 2.
The airship will be located on the left panel, is not visible on the phots - not ready, will be all green, mounted on small transparent colorless plexiglass stand (~ 0,5cm high and 3cm long).
I want to make some people around her, small stairs to passanger gondola and the crew keeping wires. There will be also docking-tower (3cm high) to kept the airship close to ground - like on attached photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-grafonground.jpg  

tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #48
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5maier View Post
When I see this airport, I so wish that I had received the models ordered from WB-Jets so I could point Tomek towards him. It has been a long time but I am not quite giving up hope - I really think he has it in him to perform a task like that.
I have ordered some mile-stones of the old Lufthansa: Junkers F-13 and G-38, Boeing 247, Heinkel He 70, Focke-Wulf Fw 200 and Junkers Ju 90. I have prepared dossiers for them (the last two ones await completion) with selected photos and multi-layered 3-side-views, so in case anybody else wants to have a try at scratch-building them, I can supply the basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5maier View Post
This is exactly my thought as well. From somewhat humble beginnings your project is really reaching new hights all the time. I love to follow your progress, as I think it is such a good idea to go historic.
Concerning possible aircraft to arrive at your airport: if I were you, I would not limit myself to exactly one year as I assume the airport did not change appearance much between 1936 and 1938. But currently, that is a moot point as models of aircraft from 1938 are just as inexistant as those from 1936. It really is a shame, that aircraft pre 1950 are practically inexistant in 1:500 scale.
We went same way, more than a year ago I was asking Fernando (WB-Jets) for Junkers F13 in Danziger Luftpost colors and to convert Herpa's Junkers Ju-52 to LOT Polish Airlines model. unfortunatelly, Fernando get in troubles and didn't answer my mails.
I didn't know he has also other aircafts in design stage.

Regarding my airport, hmmm... is design for one specific moment, but can be modified at any time. Stand for Graf Zeppelin can be removed at any time same as the docking tower. What will be left is just 3 buildings and a lot of grass. BTW: in 1938 it was added one concrate taxiway to apron in fron of hangar. but tis is not big problem, due to materials I have used for the grass. I can easy make this small part as easy to exchange element. Good idea many thanks for advice. After taht I can convert the airport from 1936 to 1938. Coool...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #49
Polish Wings collector

Holidays gone, it's time to finish my hangar and make new arrangement of the main airfield plate.

Due to not enough space on my shelfs - 300x600, I have to change the base plate of the airfield.
The new one will have dimenssions: 300x600mm. That's mean that some of the trees will gone.
Also old road from old airfield have to be changed - it doesn't exist at the time of late 30's..
Street was build in 40's bu German to improve communication in this area.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #50
Polish Wings collector

First photos of the hangar building with new roof.
Roof's elements are made from thin ABS sheets.
All will be painted matt black after.
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0628.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0629.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0632.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #51
Second Officer

TheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting started

This is a really great staff mate!
I would really appreciate to have skills like yours..working it out...
Is this a replica of the real hangar? how would the doors be like?

Keep on [email protected]
Your Globe - Our Expertise.
TheCreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 AM   #52
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreater View Post
This is a really great staff mate!
I would really appreciate to have skills like yours..working it out...
Is this a replica of the real hangar? how would the doors be like?

Keep on [email protected]
Yes, this is replica of original hangar, existing between 1930-1944.
See below photo.
Doors will be glue to the sliding bar located over the entrance. They will not be moveable. To hard for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-lotnisko-we-wrzeszczu-01.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-lotnisko-we-wrzeszczu-02.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-lotnisko-we-wrzeszczu-04.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #53
Second Officer

TheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting startedTheCreater is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
Yes, this is replica of original hangar, existing between 1930-1944.
See below photo.
Doors will be glue to the sliding bar located over the entrance. They will not be moveable. To hard for me.
Oh this is really cool, such an amazing project!
Where did you get these amazing pictures?!

Maybe you can try to make them glued to a hard board so they'll be able to be moved.
This way you'd be able to display some models in there...
Your Globe - Our Expertise.
TheCreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #54
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreater View Post
Oh this is really cool, such an amazing project!
Where did you get these amazing pictures?!

Maybe you can try to make them glued to a hard board so they'll be able to be moved.
This way you'd be able to display some models in there...

Original hangar had have 4 sliding doors each side.
My will have only two doors on right entrance in closed position and two in open position. Left entrance will be full in open position.
Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures showing final stand of the hangar.

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 08-08-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #55
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

Hello Tomek

This is looking very good, but I have to say it is very 'clean and sterile. May I suggest that you add some stains from oil spills, some tyre marks and general weathering, which will take your model to a new level of authenticity?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #56
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Hello Tomek

This is looking very good, but I have to say it is very 'clean and sterile. May I suggest that you add some stains from oil spills, some tyre marks and general weathering, which will take your model to a new level of authenticity?
This airfield is still not finished. Now is in clean form, later will get its "age".
The only problem is, how to do it? I have no expierience with it.

Some photos of finished hangar and airport area.
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0643.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0647.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0652.jpg  

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 08-08-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #57
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Really fantastic work!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #58
Polish Wings collector

Now I need models for my airport.
Junkers Ju-52 I already have, in Lufthansa colors and Luftwaffe colors.
Now I'm looking for someone who can do for me:
- Junkers Ju 160
- Junkers F13
- PWS-24
- Fokker FVII/3

Someone interested?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #59
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Great roof work Tomek! Fence looks realistic too.
All I am missing is the taxiways from runways and to apron.

Aren't those aircrafts made in the scale you are looking for?
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #60
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
Now I need models for my airport.
Junkers Ju-52 I already have, in Lufthansa colors and Luftwaffe colors.
Now I'm looking for someone who can do for me:
- Junkers Ju 160
- Junkers F13
- PWS-24
- Fokker FVII/3

Someone interested?
The only I know that has skill to make them is Fernando, but I have no more contact from him.
Maybe I could try, but I'm too busy with all the orders I have, I simply cannot engage myself with such projects...

Sergio

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: