Danzig Flughafen 1936 - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #31
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog
Re: Danzig Flughafen 1936

Today I came back home very angry. This is result of it:
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0264.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0267.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0270.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0274.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0284.jpg  

Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0282.jpg  

tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #32
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Unfortunately, the roof of hangar is still not ready.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, I have only my iPhone with me. I hope you enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0269.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-img_0277.jpg  

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 03-23-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #33
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Great job,that is absolutely fantastic....
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #34
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

wow! Those trees realy raised the reality! Niiiice!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #35
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Great work, I'm eager to see it finished!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #36
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

This airport is turning out great. Very creative and realistic looking. Good job! // Pete.
A question: where did you get the old cars?

Last edited by uncle beat; 03-23-2011 at 08:14 PM.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #37
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

It does look pretty good! It is a pretty hard time to model accurately, especially due to lack of aircraft though. Hopefully we'll get more aircraft of the era and location to help it be complete, such as the LOT Ju-52, and maybe introduction of the DC-2 moulds. Some of the early Fokker aircraft would be great too!

Pre-WWII civil aviation, now that I think about it is not too well represented in the smaller scales of the hobby.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #38
Polish Wings collector

Many thanks for all comments, I appreciate all of them.
----------------------
Regarding other aircrafts, I try to have two more: Lufthansa Ju52 (D-AQUI) in standard 1930's livery and Lufthansa Ju52 (D-ALAL) in Berlin 1936 Olympics color.
Regarding LOT Ju52, first (and last - SP-AKX) was delivered in 1938, my airport is dedicated for airshow from 1936. To have Polish Ju52 is really hard, due to different engines and propellers - I already start to talk about this custom.
It will be better if someone can do: Ju13 or Fokker (3 engine one - I've forgot the exact name). Both of them were milestones in early civil aviation.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #39
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat
This airport is turning out great. Very creative and realistic looking. Good job! // Pete.
A question: where did you get the old cars?
The cars are made by Herpa, one of their accessories sets, on other hand you will have same of the incl. to Nostalgic Airport Set 1.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #40
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
Many thanks for all comments, I appreciate all of them.
----------------------
It will be better if someone can do: Ju13 or Fokker (3 engine one - I've forgot the exact name). Both of them were milestones in early civil aviation.
I think you refer to Fokker F.VII/3m

I think with the above mentioned, plus Junkers F-13, W-34, Ju-86C, Heinkel He-70A, D, G and He-111C, it would be a fantastic airport!!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #41
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA

I think with the above mentioned, plus Junkers F-13, W-34, Ju-86C, Heinkel He-70A, D, G and He-111C, it would be a fantastic airport!!
Sergio, you miss one very important plane: Focke-Wulf Fw200 Condor.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #42
Doctor Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
Sergio, you miss one very important plane: Focke-Wulf Fw200 Condor.
The FW-200 was always in my mind, but it came in 1938...your airport is dated 1936.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #43
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Tomek you have realized a marvellous diorama: the landscape is marvellous (beautiful trees!), the terminal is accurate, and i hope you can add more "classic" airplanes to your airport.
Only one word: BEAUTIFUL!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #44
RJ Captain

c5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
When I see this airport, I so wish that I had received the models ordered from WB-Jets so I could point Tomek towards him. It has been a long time but I am not quite giving up hope - I really think he has it in him to perform a task like that.
I have ordered some mile-stones of the old Lufthansa: Junkers F-13 and G-38, Boeing 247, Heinkel He 70, Focke-Wulf Fw 200 and Junkers Ju 90. I have prepared dossiers for them (the last two ones await completion) with selected photos and multi-layered 3-side-views, so in case anybody else wants to have a try at scratch-building them, I can supply the basis.
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 AM   #45
RJ Captain

c5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
wow! Those trees realy raised the reality! Niiiice!
This is exactly my thought as well. From somewhat humble beginnings your project is really reaching new hights all the time. I love to follow your progress, as I think it is such a good idea to go historic.
Concerning possible aircraft to arrive at your airport: if I were you, I would not limit myself to exactly one year as I assume the airport did not change appearance much between 1936 and 1938. But currently, that is a moot point as models of aircraft from 1938 are just as inexistant as those from 1936. It really is a shame, that aircraft pre 1950 are practically inexistant in 1:500 scale.
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: