Danzig Flughafen 1936 - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-20-2011, 03:17 AM   #16
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog
Re: Danzig Flughafen 1936

Hi Alex,
I know I made this mistake. I also found many others...
I already change the drawing: made white windows frames and a bit darker - light grey windows it self.
I also added FLUGHAFEN DANZIG name above the main entrance on back and on front.

To compare, which one looks better, I will do the other one - like you suggest - and publish photos from both.
I know, that I can't do exactly what was at that time - due to lack of photos - but at least similar.
BTW: Most probably someone decided to change the colors of the windows frames, just after the photo has been taken.

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 01-20-2011 at 03:39 AM.
tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #17
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

Excellent details on your airport building. This is a beautiful project!
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #18
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Dear all,
below you can find new terminal building with dark windows, as recommended by ALEXAKOS - many thanks for it.
Other building is the hangar, waiting for it's roof plus some details to be insatlled.

Last Sunday I have finished the first plate of the airfield. Tomorrow I will show the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8077.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8079.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8080.jpg  

Old 02-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #19
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Wow!
That looks VERY nice! Awesome realistic brickwork in two colors
I am surprised you are not gettign many votes in the awards... then again your images did not have much progress to show.
I a pretty shure you are running in the top places in next years Retro airport category!
Love your work!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #20
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Wow!
... then again your images did not have much progress to show...
Yes, it's true. I do not have many time for the hobby as I want to have.
I try do do it only during 1,5hrs of my lunch break during working days, that's why the progress is so low. Tomorrow I will show first photos from the airport with terminal and backyard of the airfield. I hope this will bring some progress...

Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #21
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Tomek,
My statement is in NO WAY a descriptio of you not doing something right!
Far from that! These creations are supposed to take a looong time! That is what a hobby is! A creative way to fill free time WITH NO DEADLINES!
Enjoy it while is lasts..cause honeslty.. as soon as you are done... it in not as exciting as it is during the creation!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #22
Polish Wings collector

Alex,
I understand your point of view.
BTW: my airport will never get many points... because is very simple.
Just few buildings, small and one or two aircrafts plus some accessories: trees, cars, people.
I can't show the photos with Graff Zeppelin together - the model is in Poland now.

As I wrote, tomorrow I try to arrange some small diorama to show how it should looks.
To compare the size to the models, I want to put two models there: Short 360 and B747 - my both Junkers Ju-52 are still on their ways...
This will bring some fun, I hope.

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 02-21-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #23
Just give me wings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
Alex,
BTW: my airport will never get many points... because is very simple.
Just few buildings, small and one or two aircrafts plus some accessories: trees, cars, people.
Here you are making a HUGE mistake! The appreciation does not go to size but to realism and detail!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #24
Polish Wings collector

Maybe maybe... but you can see the competition votes up to now.
Big - with many airplanes and attachments - airports are choosen before the others.
The number of the details catch the eye, than more than better.

My airport I do because I like this simple design of past time, just the beginning of big civil aviation.
Gdańsk (Danzig), at the time, was very important point for travellers from west to east of the Europe.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #25
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

So lovely, I can't wait to see it finished!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #26
Polish Wings collector

As promessed, photos of airfield terminal with sorroundings.
Unfortunately I forgot my B747 today...
Attached Thumbnails
Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8088.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8096.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8107.jpg   Danzig Flughafen 1936-dscf8087.jpg  

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 02-22-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #27
Polish Wings collector

Yesterday, I've got my driller from Tamyia. It will help me to install the fence around the airport and to fix the trees. I've bought them from Samstrees (HKG), they really looks great.
Last week, I found some new photos of the airport and realize that one more building is missing; workshop, located behind main hangar. The building is already made.

I hope, because next weekend will be very, very busy for me, to finish the fence and trees on Sat.

BTW: Can someone advice what kind of background can I use? Something like landscape background for train dioramas. I need grassfield and no buildings on it. Best also as less as possible hills. This airport was located 500m from Baltic Sea coast line.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #28
Just give me wings!

GREAT OUTCOME!
I would howver put some "texture" on that grass that takes away a lot of the realism!
Try to draw in diferrent shades of green as also a bit of brown with water colors that will make it a bit more realistic! Test paint on a scrap first and see what it looks [email protected]

I could help you wiht the backdrop! I recenlty designed a backdrop for a fellow member! PM me
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 AM   #29
Polish Wings collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
GREAT OUTCOME!
I would howver put some "texture" on that grass that takes away a lot of the realism!
Try to draw in diferrent shades of green as also a bit of brown with water colors that will make it a bit more realistic! Test paint on a scrap first and see what it looks [email protected]

I could help you wiht the backdrop! I recenlty designed a backdrop for a fellow member! PM me
Dear Alex, the "grass" is made from green cotton T-shirt. After few years of using and washing ( ) it became to be a bit yellowish in some places. However I'll try to spray a bit yellow paint on some areas to give more summer realizm to the grass. Printed "grass" looks to shining and the realizm is out. On other hand thin cottom give some soft outlook to the surface. Model stying on it have the wheels abit "deeper" in the surface. This looks much better than painted surface.

Just now, I'm preparing tample for fence. Most difficult are gates.
Unfortunatelly, the roof from hangar has been destryed by myself...
Now I have to do new one.
Yesterday arrive also first Ju-52 - Amicale, later I want to remove some imprints from the model and maybe add some - German swastika on tail.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 AM   #30
Just give me wings!

if its cotton.. the better it will work with water colors! They are not glossy when dry but mat!
Good idea with that T-shirt!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: