Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #46
Earning My Wings

Apophis88 is flying under the radarApophis88 is flying under the radar
Re: Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator

@Charter

I also thought of it myself. IT's not the first time that my printer doesn't print normal Files. I Thinks i must buy a new. Thanks for help
Apophis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #47
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Hey guys, I need some help.

Has anyone got a runway in 1/500 scale in a pdf I can use, my old one is looking pretty tattered and I'd like to replace it with a new one when I redo the terminal/apron. Any help you can give would be great.

thanks
easyjet
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #48
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

If you have Win 7 you can just use the new built in "print screen" tool, to make a jpg picture...

//Antesyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis88 View Post
Hello. I have a question. I have downloaded this foils :

...::: Download Airport Foils :::...

But if i printed the Foil-47-runway_ my printer says there is a problem with the File. Can somebody uploaded it as JPEG or Something. I can't print it, but the Other Files there are correctly. Thanks

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #49
Earning My Wings

myu380 is flying under the radarmyu380 is flying under the radar

Here is the link in regard to the discussion on parking lines and spaces:

http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...-question.html

with photos and diagrams.
myu380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #50
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
Hey guys, I need some help.

Has anyone got a runway in 1/500 scale in a pdf I can use, my old one is looking pretty tattered and I'd like to replace it with a new one when I redo the terminal/apron. Any help you can give would be great.

thanks
easyjet
I could help.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #51
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

As every country seem to have its own rules and regulations regarding runway markings and parking spaces, I can only recommend that you check Google Earth or other map software to be sure what is correct for your country.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #52
Earning My Wings

traveller is flying under the radar

I have just joined...so...a question... What are foils?
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #53
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Welcome aboard! Foils are prints on either a plastic mat/foil or paper that looks like an airports tarmac. Perhaps someone else can explain it in better detail?
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #54
Earning My Wings

Thanks. So it is the groundwork on pages. Lines, tarmac, stands, etc. It is interesting to look at a large airport and imagine what the scales are. I have been looking at various posts and some I have seen others are new. Conversion from meters to feet I have done using Unit Converter Online - Use Our Metric Conversion Tools Free. So an airport runway is 3902 meters at Heathrow Airport. This is an awfully big airport for a model. But...how do you get the scales of the buildings and ramps in a 1:500 model?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #55
Earning My Wings

christian2525 is flying under the radar

Hello All, Im new to the site and airplane collecting. I don't have my collection posted yet, figured I will just wait for the new database to be created. I have started to tinker with building terminal buildings and wanted to share my first creation. Took me about 4 hours to do over 2 days. I was pretty happy with the final product and will be looking to create my own full airport as soon as I move and have the room to actually lay it all out and build it without having to clean up and re start every night I work on it. My original plan was to recreate JFK and I started with trying to make the TWA terminal. (I grew up in that building and will never forget running up and down those long tubes while my mom was working the gates as an agent) anyway sorry for the long post but here are some pics of my first terminal and the start of the TWA terminal.... Im thinking of making and selling these on Ebay.... thoughts on what you think the finished terminal might sell for????

PS: I just placed this terminal on a place mat for contrast from the floor, same with the white paper underneath so you could see the detail in the windows.... i eventually plan on having a full airport with runways and tarmacs but Rome wasn't built in a day :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-1-copy.jpg   Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-4-1-.jpg   Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-3-1-.jpg   Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-2-copy.jpg   Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-2-1-.jpg  

Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-1.jpg   Tool thread for the Airport Model Creator-photo-5.jpg  
christian2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #56
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Wow, nice job Christian! Can't wait to see it finished.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #57
Earning My Wings

I loved the TWA terminal. In 1982 I took my first flight on a TWA 747 to London from there. I will look for photographs of plane I flew in taken out the windows. I remember coming through tube and seeing this big white bird and thought..I am flying in this. First of many flights out of there.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #58
Earning My Wings

christian2525 is flying under the radar

Any thoughts on whether terminal models like this would sell on Ebay? or through the forum? Looking for some ways to support my new found hobby as it has been draining my bank account quickly!!
christian2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #59
Second Officer

UA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobby

Do you guys have any suggestions on what paper to use to print foils on with an inkjet printer? I would like it to look a bit more real, so certainly the paper can't be too smooth or glossy. I found a thread from many years that mentioned HP Rough Paper, but it is not being produced anymore so I have been looking for something similar, but no luck so far since the HP paper really didn't list any specs like paper weight.
UA900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #60
RJ First Officer

american eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributoramerican eagle is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian2525 View Post
Any thoughts on whether terminal models like this would sell on Ebay? or through the forum? Looking for some ways to support my new found hobby as it has been draining my bank account quickly!!
I almost bid on it.
american eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: