Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Earning My Wings

Cathay Pacific is flying under the radar
Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport

hi, firstly I have to say I am new to this forum, and plz forgive me for any mistake I live in HK, and I have been planning to build the kai tak airport model for half a year, and have been purchasing model aircrafts which did land in kai tak, however, blueprints and diagram of kai tak in the internet are so limited and after months of serching it's still not enough to draw sketches of the complicated airport. I 'd like to ask where do u guys usually find and download airport diagrams and blueprints? can anyone of you share with me the imformation of kai tak you have? (blueprints, diagrams and scales etc) I will keep up in posting pictures of the airport when started.

Thanks for helping me cuz I love Kai Tak so much...I watch landings and take offs at home of kai tak when i was small~and that makes me love "wings"!
Cathay Pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
RJ Second Officer

PASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting startedPASHKA is getting started
Re: Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport

Hi,

a lot information you could get from Google Earth. There is a feature where you could measure the real items, like runway length, road sizes, terminal building sizes and all other items. Once you measures you will need just to convert in to your scale and you will get the actual size how big that item should be I took lots of information on Google Earth Very useful

I just looked on Google Earth and it says that this airport is no longer in use? Even the images of shows that this aiport is quite demolished?

But you could try, maybe you will find some info there
Hope it helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-clipboard01.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-clipboard02.jpg  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Earning My Wings

yea, thanks for your help, but really, the terminal or the foils and almost 90% of the airport had been already demolished on or before 2002, and from google earth we can only see the rough look of the entire airport, which is actually now car parks, grass and rural land....(it's said that a brand new cruise terminal would be build within a decade at kai tak)
And therefore I am asking for blueprints or diagrams...........thanks soooo much

Old 06-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Hope these helps. This is what I could find on google.
Check them out and see what you can use from there.
It's hard to find blueprints, but a larger resolution of this small thumbnail below would do me just fine.

Good luck.

Black and white aerial photo of the photo before closure.
http://www.hkaviationclub.com.hk/img/nav4/map02.jpg

A blog of memories from Kai tak Airport.
Kai Tak Airport, Hong Kong (Memories) - Landing Videos - IGS 13

Kai Tak Airport: Photos and videos on Google Maps, the WIKI-way

N.Hirai's Homepage : Hong Kong Kaitak Airport Forever!

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

I have lots of photos I took from a helicopter when flying with the RAF in Hong Kong.
Here are some of them which I hope will be of use.
Attached Thumbnails
Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-hkg-1.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-hkg-2.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-hkg-3.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-hkg-4.jpg  
Old 07-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Earning My Wings

excuse me, can anyone teach me the way to upload photos? I got photos of my completed model Kai Tak but failed in uploading photos here. MANY THANKS
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
RJ Second Officer

azmd11 is getting startedazmd11 is getting startedazmd11 is getting startedazmd11 is getting startedazmd11 is getting started
Smile Re: Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Pacific View Post
excuse me, can anyone teach me the way to upload photos? I got photos of my completed model Kai Tak but failed in uploading photos here. MANY THANKS
Make sure your photo size is correct ( you can check when you click the attachment 'clip' icon ) than select upload one by one, maximum 10 photos are allowed each thread.
azmd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:32 AM   #8
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Pacific View Post
See this Sticky: http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...hotos-net.html

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
Earning My Wings

Thanks for the tips
We have finally finished the Kai Tak model, and put it in our school's open day. We did not make all the details due to the lack of time, but it's fine :p here are some of the photos~
PS: and the ramps(boarding bridges?) are too big that we can't place 2 of them in same gate
Attached Thumbnails
Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3341.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3361.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3368.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3373.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3386.jpg  

Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3362.jpg   Hong Kong old Kai Tak Airport-img_3388.jpg  

Last edited by Cathay Pacific; 07-19-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Earning My Wings

PS the tristar shouldn't be there.......we took it back later on. all Cathay's tristar retired in the year of 1996
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #11
RJ Second Officer

audiophile is flying under the radar

Actually this is pretty darn good !!
audiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
RJ Captain

oprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributor

wow amazing....
Old 07-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
Earning My Wings

thanks! but I think we are making a better kai tak model later on....this one is kind of "too rough" and lack of details and other sort of stuffs
Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

If that ones "too rough" i can't wait to see the next one....
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
Earning My Wings

Thanks, guys~
but I think that's after my friend and I decided to continue our collection in 1/500, or changing into 400, and that's hard to decide

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: