Kai Tak - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Puddle Jumper

miuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciated
Kai Tak

Hi guys, thought I'd share progress shots of the 1/500 Kai Tak model I am working on! Would love to hear feedback and suggestions to make this as close to 100% accurate as possible!'

Thanks, and enjoy!

Last edited by miuccini; 04-28-2010 at 09:04 AM.
miuccini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
RJ Captain

SalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributor
Re: Kai Tak

WOW!!! Great job!

You should give some explanations how you made it! What materials did you use? How about the textures?

Thanks for sharing!
SalmonellaMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by miuccini View Post
Hi guys, thought I'd share progress shots of the 1/500 Kai Tak model I am working on! Would love to hear feedback and suggestions to make this as close to 100% accurate as possible!'

Thanks, and enjoy!
Let me tell ya man, even if it's not 100% correct, I think a great majority of us, myself included would be too amazed and amazed to really notice it. Your work is certainly some of the best quality around and is always worthy of great praise and an example of what could be achieved with proper planning and hard work.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #4
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog
Thumbs up Re: Kai Tak

Hi Miuccini, I was waiting for a new airport for a long time; once again you show us something amazing, I really appreciate your way of building modelairports.
This Kai Tak replica will be even better with all the details of the real one, I can't wait to see it complete with apron, lights (maybe? ), GSE...etc.
I'll keep watching your thread!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
Puddle Jumper

miuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciatedmiuccini is appreciated

Thanks guys! Unlike previous dioramas, this one was entirely laser cut out of several sheets of plastic which were then stacked, sanded, and painted. As you can see I am still in the process of applying textures at the moment but the terminal should be completed relatively soon. Runway 13 will also be included in the diorama.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #6
United777

JoseLao is flying under the radarJoseLao is flying under the radar

Love everything about the airport man, can't wait till planes start comen in.
JoseLao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
msn37709

RP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributor

I am excited to see how you will be doing the jetways...perhaps you could later post a tutorial?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Ritter is appreciatedRitter is appreciatedRitter is appreciatedRitter is appreciatedRitter is appreciatedRitter is appreciatedRitter is appreciated

The buildings look amazing. I can't wait to see them with the finished scenery around them. Please keep us updated!!
An excellent piece of work.

Fabian
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
sba757 was here too :)

Kris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dogKris Air is a top dog

WOW great job!! Anyway Kai Tak is real?? so It gotta be good when its finnished! Well thats a great airport can not wait till finnished!! Sorry I just love those smilies!!

sba757 was here =D
Kris Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
Puddle Jumper

Thanks guys! I will definitely keep the thread updated. Also, I'm looking to buy models that flew into Kai Tak in the late 90s, so PM me if anyone is willing to sell any of the models on my wishlist: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-tra...k-diorama.html

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

I really like what you have done with details such as the parking lots with levels, It's not just a squared box of lot, this is amazing. How did you do the printing of windows and such? It looks very sharp. Thanks.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

This looks really good. You are giving me many ideas man...

//Antesyd
Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
Operations Director

MD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast iconMD11Freighter is a diecast icon

That is very impressive. I like it
MD11Freighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #14
Puddle Jumper

Thanks guys!

Rex- For the windows I printed them on cardstock and applied them with spray adhesive. Works really well in this case.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #15
Puddle Jumper

Thought I'd post some progress pictures. Finally done with the tarmac!
Attached Thumbnails
Kai Tak-kaitak1.jpg   Kai Tak-kaitak2.jpg  

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: