Airport Diorama Designs New product Research - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Puddle Jumper

l1011eal is flying under the radarl1011eal is flying under the radarl1011eal is flying under the radar
Airport Diorama Designs New product Research

Hi Guys,

Ovidio Here from Airport-Diorama-Designs.com. I have received several requests to make my airport designs available in one big piece of material, instead of the PDF tile version available today. I believe now I am in the position to provide such product.

The product will be a sheet of vinyl, 4 feet by 8 feet, with the airport diorama printed on it. The material will be the same type used for banners - strong and sturdy. You could then place/glue this vinyl sheet on top of a 4x8 piece of plywood or styrofoam to build your airport.

All the 1:400 and 1:500 airport diorama designs that I have available in my webite today (see URL below for pictures) would be available in this format.

What I need now is feedback from you guys:

1. Would you buy a product like this?

2. If so, how much would you pay for it? $200? $235 $250...

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanking you in advance,

Ovidio
The best 1:400 & 1:500 Model Airport foils at Model Airports and Airliners and Airport Diorama Designs
l1011eal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon
Re: Airport Diorama Designs New product Research

That is hard to say. I love your work. But the terminal buildings do looks a little to much like a cartoon sometimes. Photos realistic graphic would be much better (especially if semi-transparent).
And pricing depends on what I'll get. But for me to pay $200 I expect to get a LOT of airport building textures, more than 4x8 (120X240cm).

So What I would love to buy from you is not expensive vinyl sheets. But photo realistic buildings from REAL airports printed on regular photopaper or better on .pdf files so I could choose how I want them printed. That is what I would love to see. And don't forget airbridges this time. Herpas are so ugly.

//Antesyd
Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #3
First Officer

jwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast icon

I would buy if it came with buildings, and were made of resin like gemini's buildings. I cant see buying this stuff which is paper at such a high price. and agreed, photo realist buildings would be awesome.
jwalters692005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Fly EGE

hrpxvail is flying under the radarhrpxvail is flying under the radar

Having built a one piece layout from Pixelport files using Photoshop, it would have been easier and cheaper to buy something like what you are offering. For me, $200 would be the upper limit of what I would pay. However, I would prefer a design with two runways and/or a de-icing station.

I agree with the other posts that if someone could put together photo realistic terminal pdfs that could be mounted on a wood or foam base, it would be huge step forward. The possibilities for which terminals are almost endless.

Good luck!
hrpxvail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
RJ Second Officer

alabatusa is getting startedalabatusa is getting startedalabatusa is getting startedalabatusa is getting startedalabatusa is getting startedalabatusa is getting started

Would you buy model buildings made out of Balsa wood, with Textures and lighting?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Hey Ovidio,
I have created my self one of those. Photoshoped some satelite images on to a file and then drove to a ploter printer, had it just as your idea. Printed on an ADHESIVE vinyl with mate protection foil on it. The mate foil gave it a rigged feeling on the texture and helped the better hold on buildings and GSE as well as glueing of the "grass" on.
What I am trying to say is....
Why don't you sell your idea from online, where the user can download the large file and he can go and print it localy? (nowdays plotter printers are founs in almost every corner) That would save you and the buyer lots of money. You could even offer CUSTOM made foils for the desired airport! that would make a good sale!

All in all most of the collectors who like diorama making are a bit of artists themselves and quite handy from what I have seen. So I suppose $200+shipping instead of $100 for example, would be a great deal!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:17 AM   #7
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

a second suggestion is GSE!!!!!!
Try making GSE's! Really! Find a way to create some!
Pleople love them and there aren't as many around!
As well as realistic terminals! They are also a great seller!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
Captain

southwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributorsouthwest freak is an excellent contributor

this guy is a good seller makes highly detailed stuff so i wouldnt be suprised if it was really good.I've bought from him before.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Earning My Wings

leafshi is flying under the radar

You should make a 1/200 airport. That would be a huge money maker, but also a huge shipping hassle.
leafshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:55 PM   #10
RJ Captain

Peak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributorPeak Airways is a good contributor

I'd be willing to pay up to $200 if it was customizable, where you could either pick from a number of different layouts or do a custom request.

Tags
miniature airpports, model airports

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: