Michalburg Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-28-2021, 04:57 AM   #1
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon
Michalburg Airport

MICHALBURG

Michalburg is a fictional city located in Central-Eastern Europe, in the European Union, situated on Central European Plain, influenced by a temperate seasonal climate.
The city is an alpha-global city, a major cultural, political and economic hub.
About one-third of the city's area is composed of forests, parks, gardens, rivers, canals and lakes. The city has more than ten major museums, along with numerous theatres, galleries, cinemas, and other historical exhibits. The metropolis is a popular tourist destination.
Michalburg’s ever-growing business community has been noticed globally and regionally, is a significant center of research and development.
The most prominent industries and industrial sectors include high-tech, electro-technical, chemical, cosmetic and construction.
Michalburg features one of the highest number of skyscrapers in the European Union.
The city is ranked as one of the most liveable city in the world and topped the quality of life rankings in the region.
Twin-towns are Johannesburg, Magdeburg and St. Petersburg ;)

The city is an important communication junction connecting the east and the west.
Michalburg serves as a continental hub for air and rail traffic and has a highly complex public transportation network.
There is an international airport on the outskirts of the city which is one of the most important and largest airport in Central Europe.

MICHALBURG AIRPORT

IATA: MHB, ICAO: EMBG
Airport type: Public / Military
Operator: Michalburg Airport Ltd.
Planned hub for: LOT Polish Airlines
Focus city for: airBaltic, Scandinavian Airlines
Operating base for: Norwegian Air Shuttle, Wizz Air, Travel Service and TUIfly
Time zone: CET (UTC+01:00)
Elevation AMSL: 94 m / 308 ft
Runways:
- 9/27, 2,800 m/9,240 ft asphalt/concrete
- 15/33, 3,500 m/11,483 ft, concrete
- 06L/24R, 3,700 m/12,139 ft, concrete
- 06R/24L, 3,500 m/11,483 ft, concrete

Michalburg Airport is a large fictional airport connected to over 110 destinations worldwide and over 50 countries by passenger services. Michalburg Airport has around 80 airlines operating regularly.
In addition, there are numerous charter airlines operating at the airport.
The airport uses a one terminal concept, meaning that all the facilities are located under a single roof.
Low-cost airlines operate from Pier A South (the former domestic terminal).
Long-haul and European non-Schengen flights are operated from the biggest Pier A, called “Intercontinental concourse”.
Domestic flights, as well as flights to European Schengen countries, are operated from Pier B.
Almost all charter flights are handled at Pier A South (which also handles scheduled services).
The terminal capacity of the airport is approximately 36–37 million passengers per year.
Michalburg Airport has extensive cargo flight activity. There is a cargo area with cargo terminals and cargo transit facilities in the Southeastern part of the airport area.

The airport diorama is made on a scale of 1: 500.

P.S. The airport has its own Facebook fanpage:
https://www.facebook.com/Michalburg-...1854058927813/
which I invite you to visit and follow.

The connector between the main departure hall and the intercontinental concourse which is housing border control (level 3), the baggage claim area (level 2), as well as the busgates (level 1).

Bird’s-eye views on remote apron 7.
Airport fire station and the airport services office are seen in the background.

Runway 09-27 is the oldest runway of the Michalburg Airport and, although it can be operated in both directions, is mainly used for take-offs in 09 direction.

The best place to take pictures of planes departing Michalburg Airport is holding point Bravo runway 09.

My friends, I impatiently wait for your opinions and conclusions.
Further elements of the diorama are under construction.
More pictures soon.

Michal

My airport: https://www.facebook.com/Michalburg-...1854058927813/

Last edited by pooohaty; 09-28-2021 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typos
pooohaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2021, 06:54 AM   #2
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Michalburg Airport

The lighting on this project works wonders. The perspectives on the American and SAS are true to reality.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:51 AM   #3
Earning My Wings

ahauswald is flying under the radar

Busy port your Michalburg. Good variety of airliners. Really good supporting story gives the models in your collection purpose. Two thumbs up. Well done, mate. arnold
ahauswald is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #4
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Great diversity of airlines! The details are superb! Lovely work.

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:50 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Absolutely lovely pics, great GSE... and always so nice to read a great background story. Great elements here, Michal! Lovely airport you got i'll surely check out this thread again and will also follow your Facebook page.

By the way, next time please post an overview pic of the whole diorama
Old 09-29-2021, 08:15 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

What a beautiful airport Michal and what a beautiful photos.
A pleasure for the eyes.
Positive rep. added and well deserved my friend.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #7
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Great photography really highlights the excellent diorama Michal! I've seen it on facebook before, but I'm not incredibly active on there so it might have slipped me to leave a comment. I would love, as Leo suggests, to have an overview shot! The diversity of airlines and aircraft is amazing, and I see you also have invested significant effort into your GSE and airport buildings. Chapeau to you!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 11:34 AM   #8
Puddle Jumper

EHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting started

Nice layout with accurat markings, a lot of different traffic and GSE- really beautiful scenery- congrats
EHAM Aviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 03:06 AM   #9
First Officer

buettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dog

That's a pretty nice airport indeed, seems very detailed, the variety of aircrafts is fantastic. I would like to see more about the terminal and the other buildings, and an overview of the entire airport would be great, too! I also like the story you tell us about the city and the airport. This rounds everything up. Excellent work! Love to see more photos! :-)

My registered fleet (still many items missing):
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/mycollection/collection-24536.html
buettni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 05:49 AM   #10
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon

Thank you all, my friends, for your kind words.
They encourage me to keep working on this laborious project.

I plan to take some overview shots when the Intercontinental concourse - located in the middle of the airport - will be finished, what will not happen soon, because I have a lot of tedious, precise work with its 11 jetways. And I always put it off “until later”...
Instead, pier A South (low-cost) is almost done (is waiting for the assembly of floodlamps only) and it – together with the apron 2 - will be the subject of my next photos.
Taxiway Zulu - the communication backbone of the port - and remote apron 8 are ready to print.
But the cargo ramp is still under graphic design.

I have to hurry up and take advantage of the last sunny days because all the photos are taken on my south facing balcony - in the intense sunlight.

For the moment, instead of the bird’s view panorama, the airport photomap is seen below (except the separate runways graphics).
The photoshop design of the aprons and taxiways was the most laborious part of the project…

Last edited by pooohaty; 10-01-2021 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #11
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Pretty cool work, Michal. It is a lot of details and not just one block of something called Terminal and one runway. I like it very much. What are the taxiway lights made of ? What is it ?
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:13 AM   #12
Puddle Jumper

EHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting startedEHAM Aviation is getting started

Great project with many Details- much persistence and patience. I'm curious of the progress
EHAM Aviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 09:20 AM   #13
lightsaberoperator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
What are the taxiway lights made of ? What is it ?
The taxiway lights are made of white polystyrene 0,5 mm rods. They were put in holes drilled with my hand-drill, and tops were painted with blue marker.
But it turned out that they are too fragile and I’m replacing them with the steel ones, made of small taylor’s pins.
Flood lamps are made of 8 cm needles and stand signs made of 18 mm office staples.

All the buildings are built of Lego blocks abandoned by my adolescent children.
Their elevations are photoshop designed, printed on thick paper and glued to construction with double-sided tape.

The way I made my foil is described here:
https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-ai...tml#post602333

Last edited by pooohaty; 10-01-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #14
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

Beautiful aiport, great details, and a cool idea... DONE!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #15
lightsaberoperator

Pier A South of Michalburg Airport is former domestic terminal. It is used by low-cost and charter airlines nowadays.
The Michalburg breath-taking skyline is clearly visible.

Boeing 737-800 of Ryanair is a frequent visitor here. That airplane has arrived from London-Stansted Airport.

A bird’s eye view on Pier A South and western part of Apron 2.
The fragment of Air Traffic Control building and a place reserved for new ATC Tower is in the background.

LOT Polish Airlines Embraer E170 waits for its passengers.
The destination of the evening flight is Cracow-John Paul II Airport.

Boeing 737-700 in old colors of Transavia Airlines is heading to stand on Apron 2.
The operating base of the plane is Eindhoven Airport.

Last edited by pooohaty; 10-05-2021 at 10:07 AM.

Tags
airport, airportdiorama, diorama, michalburg

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: