Mizuho Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog
Mizuho Airport

In addition to my replica of Nantes Airport and Malefiska International, I decided to create a small airport diorama to cover a new part of the world. Nantes covers Europe, Malefiska International is... international while I had nothing to cover Asia, and more precisely Japan. I have few Japanese models I want to display so the idea of creating a japanese airport came to me.

I usually do big airports (more than 1m) but for this one, I decided to challenge myself and do an airport that can fit on an A3 paper.

I then present you Mizuho Airport, which is a small regional fantasy airport, located somewhere in Japan. The airport is supposed to be builded over the water. I have work to do, because I want to had sand and water, to make it more realistic. The thing is, at the moment I don't know exactly what technique I will use. I've read about "water paper" and I will see how it looks.

I also need to make a good building airport. I did this one with my 3D printer but despite I consider myself as good for replicating, I am terribly bad for creating and I don't know how I should update my building (or change to another one). I have to add windows, entrance and all the details but ... hard to start. I want it to look like a typical Japanese building (my inspiration was Tajima Airport).

I will keep you updated with this project and I hope to show you the trafic very soon.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Mizuho Airport

I love the lettering, reminds me of Narita!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Interesting project, I also like the lettering! Lovely to see a Japanese airport.
Japan is such a fascinating country, but the aviation there is making me sad lately.
Once a 747 paradase, now there is none in passenger service. And JAL still keep using that stupid bland livery, wish they could already come up with something nice and fresh... but keeping the Tsurumaru at the tail, of course

Old 07-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #4
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

You will not be disappointed, I did stand 1 in order to allow the 747 at Mizuho.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Love how the 3D printed lettering makes the diorama stand out! Well done and looking forward to the traffic.

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:03 PM   #6
Student pilot

It took time for me to get the inspiration for the terminal. I am happy to present you the finished building now.
I tried to make a Japanese style with some typically Japanese publicity (meaning some cartoon mascots). In the meantime I wanted it to be simple. It is the occasion for me to learn Japanese and from my European point of view, this is not so easy !

In the meantime, I want to display some classic traffic and it wasn't easy to find something that can be correct even for old traffic.

I am happy with the result, operations will start very soon !

Old 12-19-2020, 09:14 PM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

A lovely airport to display some F-Toys releases. Always nice to see something creative, out of the ordinary hope to see more pics soon, Pierre
Old 12-20-2020, 05:53 AM   #8
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I love the finished terminal, with the Japanese publicity characters, the raised lettering, and overall attention to scale. This might be a little project, but it is big on style. Nice job!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:31 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful apron and beautiful hangar, love the details on it.
Well done.

Leisure airlines lover
Desperately needing: Blue Panorama B737W, neos B737 MAX8/B737W, easyJet A320neo/A321neo, Blue Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Enter Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Malta Air B737 MAX8, Ryanair B737 MAX8, Buzz B737 MAX8, Volotea A320/A319, Laudamotion A320, AlbaStar B737W, Jet2holidays B737W/B757W, ITA Airways A319, Vueling A319, TAP A319, Ukraine International B737W, SkyUp B737W, PLAY A321, Air Serbia A319, SkyExpress A320neo, Ural Airlines A320, Nordwind A321/B737W, Nordstar B737W, Rossiya A319/A320/B737W, Pobeda B737W, UTAir B737W, Kenya Airways B737W, Ethiopian Airlines B737 MAX8, Air Arabia A320, FlyOne A320, Tus Airways A320, LATAM A320, Avianca A320, Aerolineas Argentinas B737W, Southwest B737 MAX8/B737W, Volaris A319/A320, Nouvelair A320, SATA Dash 8-400, Air Europa B737W, Israir A320, JetTime B737-700WL.
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #10
Student pilot

It is time for a little update. Mizuho Airport is my Japanese project and a lot smaller than my Malefiska International or Nantes Airport replica.
Less free time during this period for me, anyway I did some pictures of his afternoon.

Here I'm pleased to present you the wonderful A380 ANA which came at Mizuho for a celebration flight. The airport was design to welcome the 747 as it was used frequently for flights between two cities in Japan. The A380 is bigger, anyway, Mizuho Airport can handle it if the aircraft is parked few meters left to line of the stand 3.
In the back, you can see a Solaseeed Boeing 737-800 coming from Haneda airport in Tokyo.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:00 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Small, beautiful jewel, those i prefer!
Thanks for sharing, beautiful models.

Leisure airlines lover
Desperately needing: Blue Panorama B737W, neos B737 MAX8/B737W, easyJet A320neo/A321neo, Blue Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Enter Air B737 MAX8/B737W, Malta Air B737 MAX8, Ryanair B737 MAX8, Buzz B737 MAX8, Volotea A320/A319, Laudamotion A320, AlbaStar B737W, Jet2holidays B737W/B757W, ITA Airways A319, Vueling A319, TAP A319, Ukraine International B737W, SkyUp B737W, PLAY A321, Air Serbia A319, SkyExpress A320neo, Ural Airlines A320, Nordwind A321/B737W, Nordstar B737W, Rossiya A319/A320/B737W, Pobeda B737W, UTAir B737W, Kenya Airways B737W, Ethiopian Airlines B737 MAX8, Air Arabia A320, FlyOne A320, Tus Airways A320, LATAM A320, Avianca A320, Aerolineas Argentinas B737W, Southwest B737 MAX8/B737W, Volaris A319/A320, Nouvelair A320, SATA Dash 8-400, Air Europa B737W, Israir A320, JetTime B737-700WL.
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #12
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Stunning Pierre, from the attention to the Japanese lettering down to the airport name on the grass! Combine it with a rare ANA A380 and Solaseed 737 and you got an excellent diorama!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #13
Selfie with bros

Nice size comparison between the A380 and the 737
I also like that cartoon ad of the little bear/cat/racoon an the JAL 737
Old 09-16-2021, 10:50 PM   #14
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Nice new additions to the airport!

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:18 AM   #15
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon

Amazing diorama and interesting models.
I really like the realistic look of water and tarmac.
Well done!

My airport: https://www.facebook.com/Michalburg-...1854058927813/
pooohaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: