London "Gatwick" airport, 1:400 scale (for Joseph). - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-07-2021, 06:41 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
London "Gatwick" airport, 1:400 scale (for Joseph).

Hi dear friends and fellow collectors.
I have finished one of the most difficult to realize, large and beautiful airports is have even made.
Finally London "Gatwick" 1:400 scale is complete: almost one year to finish it, during which many things happened including my dramatic incident where i lost a leg replaced by a titanium one. Then Covid-19 pandemic and my effort to assist patients in my ER, making swabs and, then, vaccination...all these once i returned to work after a very long reabilitation.
But i also promised to my friend Joseph to finish this airport for him, and finally the result is in these pics.
It is impossible to show the airport with a general view: more than 14 square meters large, the space isn't enough; so i divided it into three main sections, from the extreme right (Round Terminal) to the extreme left (ATC Tower), passing thorugh the middle (remote stands). Each panel is signed with a number and a letter, so it can be easily recognized and all the panels can be connected without problems.
I hope you like it, all comments are welcome.

First section:

here you can see many panels connected together. On your left you can recognize the Round Terminal and the South Terminal, on your right the first area of the North Terminal.
The section you are looking for is divided into two parts, exactly in the middle:
- left side, bottom up: panels 1A1 - 1A - 1B - 1C
(1A1 = remote stands; 1A = taxiway and part of the apron; 1B = Round Terminal and South Terminal aprons; 1C = part of the apron, taxiway and 26L runway).
- Right side, bottom up: panels 2A - 2B - 2C
(2A = North Terminal and part of the taxiway; 2B = remote stands, section of the South Terminal; 2C = apron, taxiway and 26L runway).

Second section:

even this section is divided into two parts, in the middle: the left part is already shown in the previous photo while the right part is new.

- Left side, bottom up: panels 2A - 2B - 2C
(2A = North Terminal and part of the taxiway; 2B = remote stands, section of the South Terminal; 2C = apron, taxiway and 26L runway).
- Right side, bottom up: panels 3A - 3B - 3C

(3A = North Terminal, fantasy terminal with remote stands, 3B = remote stands, 3C = remote stands, taxiway and 26L runway).

Third section:

even this section is divided into two parts, in the middle: the left part is already shown in the previous photo while the right part is new.
- Light side, bottom up: panels 3A - 3B - 3C

(3A = North Terminal, fantasy terminal with remote stands; 3B = remote stands; 3C = remote stands, taxiway and 26L runway).
- Right side, bottom up: panels 4A - 4B - 4C
(4A = Cargo terminal; 4B remote stands, ATC Tower, office buildings; 4C remote stands, taxiway and 26L runway).

Then there are the last two sections, the runway

here, on the left, you can see the panel 4C = remote stands, taxiway and 26L runway (already shown in the previous photo) and, on the right, the panel 5C = runway and taxiway...

...and the end of the runway with the 08R threshold

on the left there is the panel 5C, already shown on the previous photo and, on the right, the panel 6C = threshold 08R.

I know, it is also difficult to explain....

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2021, 06:44 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: London "Gatwick" airport, 1:400 scale (for Joseph).

Here all the pics of the first section

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:45 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Here all the pics of the second section

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Here all the pics of the third section

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Here all the pics of the last section

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2021, 07:28 AM   #6
Puddle Jumper

NEMA Man is getting startedNEMA Man is getting startedNEMA Man is getting startedNEMA Man is getting startedNEMA Man is getting startedNEMA Man is getting started
Incredible work
Old 03-07-2021, 09:01 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMA Man View Post
Incredible work
Thanks so much friend.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2021, 11:17 AM   #8
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

An absolute masterpiece. Seeing all the panels together really gives you a great perspective of this huge project.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
An absolute masterpiece. Seeing all the panels together really gives you a great perspective of this huge project.
Thanks so much Adam.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #10
RJ First Officer

captainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributor

That looks incredible!
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #11
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainflynn View Post
That looks incredible!
Thanks so much.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2021, 03:33 PM   #12
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Woaw this is crazy ! I am working to make the bridge area of London Gatwick Airport for 1/500 and I thought no one would do it but you beat me Seeing this beauty in very inspiring ! Well done Ale !
Old 03-08-2021, 07:58 AM   #13
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
Woaw this is crazy ! I am working to make the bridge area of London Gatwick Airport for 1/500 and I thought no one would do it but you beat me Seeing this beauty in very inspiring ! Well done Ale !
Thanks my friend, very appreciated.
I am also dreaming to realize LHR or LGW in 1:500 scale: Jet2.com B737-800WL are a start but we need easyJet, TUI Airways B737-800WL and, why not, Jet2holidays.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-08-2021, 10:03 AM   #14
RJ First Officer

modelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dogmodelmanGB is a top dog

Excellent work Sir. How much would you charge for doing a 1/400 Edinburgh or Bristol layout?

Last edited by modelmanGB; 03-08-2021 at 10:06 AM.
modelmanGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #15
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelmanGB View Post
Excellent work Sir. How much would you charge for doing a 1/400 Edinburgh or Bristol layout?
Thanks friend.
It depends on the airport size (how many sections of the airport you want, etc).

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: