Nago Airport Open - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2020, 12:19 AM   #1
Earning My Wings

JASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciated
Nago Airport Open

Pleased to announce that after a long and bureaucratic process, Nago Airport will finally open. Nago Airport is located in Northern area of Okinawa, Japan. This was constructed due to the main Okinawa International Airport becoming overcrowded mainly by international traffic. In addition, there are many great attractions and activities around the Nago area. For now, Nago is only a domestic airport serving primarily surrounding Okinawan islands, and Kyushu, but also selected large cities around Japan. Distinctive about Nago is it was built together with the surrounding nature including many palm trees and other vegetation. The main airline serving Nago will be the "new" Japan Air System. JAS has recently been revived by JAL as a low-cost carrier. Most exciting is JAL will bring back the seven MD90's with the Akira Kurosawa designed liveries. Nago will also be served by the ANA affiliated A-net (Air Nippon Network) with their colourful DCH8-300's, Solaseed, Star Flyer, Air Do, JAL, and ANA with a variety of equipment. Nago is mainly built for smaller narrow body aircraft, but does have two parking spaces for wide body which can accommodate up to 777-200 size aircraft. There are 2 parking spaces for prop planes next to the terminal. These are served by bus. A total of 4 air bridges connect to three narrow body and one wide body parking spaces. Finally there are 4 remote parking spaces for 3 narrow body and 1 wide body aircraft, these are served by busses operating from the West side of the terminal. Thus Nago can accommodate up to 10 aircraft at one time. Nago will officially open for traffic in a few days. here are the press release photos for your early enjoyment.
Attached Thumbnails
Nago Airport Open-img_6811.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6819.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6820.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6822.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6823.jpg  

Nago Airport Open-img_6817.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6829.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6831.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6835.jpg  
JASMD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #2
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Nago Airport Open

This project is absolutely beautiful. I think that including vegetation, trees, grass, as well as the 'land-side" parking lot, taxi stands and roadways makes this a very complete airport. Looking at it gives great joy and thank-you for sharing it here with us on Wings900!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:07 AM   #3
First Officer

klm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributor

Nice start of an green airport..

Old 12-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Hi. When i opened this thread and looked at the pics they seemed regarding a real airport and i told me "wow, which airport is so exotic and beautiful?"; than i read and i must say that your realization is one of the most wonderful i have ever seen. The sunlight contributes to make your pics absolutely perfect, and all the facility is almost perfect: apron, taxiing and parking lines, the landscape...amazing!
Now add some traffic and the perfection is realized.
Well done!
Positive rep. added and well deserved.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:55 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

So nice and full of colors, love the green lawn. Hope to see pictures with airplanes very soon! Lovely to know about this JAS revival
Old 12-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Very colorful little diorama, looks very neat like others have pointed out!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
Earning My Wings

JASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciatedJASMD90 is appreciated

Dear all, Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. This was my first attempt at a model airport from scratch. I must say, I got a lot of tips from the "sticky Threads" How to make a Model Airport. I followed a lot of the instructions, especially making the base. So thanks to all who came before me.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #8
Earning My Wings

The first flight to arrive is A-Net's DHC8-300 (Hanamasu plane) early AM arrival from Miyako Island. It's a 45min flight. All five A-Net's planes have different and colourful floral designed liveries. The first ever revenue arrival will be parked at gate #1. This flight is empty and will take on pax for the return to Miyako.
Attached Thumbnails
Nago Airport Open-img_6843.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6844.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6845.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6846.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6848.jpg  

Nago Airport Open-img_6849.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_e6850.jpg  
Old 12-28-2020, 11:11 AM   #9
Earning My Wings

Just 5 minutes later the first A-net flight with arriving pax flight (Cosmos plane) arrives from Yonaguni Island. parking at Gate #2 just as a storm cloud passes above.
Attached Thumbnails
Nago Airport Open-img_6837.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6851.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6854.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6853.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6846.jpg  

Nago Airport Open-img_6856.jpg  
Old 12-29-2020, 07:24 AM   #10
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Those little Dash 8s are amazing! Their livery blends in very well with the scenery of the airport, but each of those is a gem on its own!!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:45 AM   #11
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Those little Dash 8s are amazing! Their livery blends in very well with the scenery of the airport, but each of those is a gem on its own!!
That's very true, they look so beautiful!

Lovely pics of these lil' Dashes. Hope to see some jets very soon!
Old 12-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #12
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Your pics contribute to make this airport GREAT!
Beautiful idea starting with two of the most beautiful and colored Herpa Japan models.
Compliments.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:15 PM   #13
Earning My Wings

As the two A-Nets get serviced at their remote parking stalls the first of the JAS jets makes its arrival. The first one is the JAS #3 from Fukuoka, a one hour and 40 min. flight.
Attached Thumbnails
Nago Airport Open-img_6887.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6886.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6884.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6867-copy.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6866.jpg  

Old 12-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #14
Earning My Wings

After the arrival JAS #3 is directed to taxi to the terminal gate #4.
Attached Thumbnails
Nago Airport Open-img_6870.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6872.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6873.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6878.jpg   Nago Airport Open-img_6883.jpg  

Old 12-31-2020, 10:46 AM   #15
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

The colorful airplanes look perfect in this airport setting. Excellent pictures and a great story to go with them!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: