Mizuho Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #1
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog
Mizuho Airport

In addition to my replica of Nantes Airport and Malefiska International, I decided to create a small airport diorama to cover a new part of the world. Nantes covers Europe, Malefiska International is... international while I had nothing to cover Asia, and more precisely Japan. I have few Japanese models I want to display so the idea of creating a japanese airport came to me.

I usually do big airports (more than 1m) but for this one, I decided to challenge myself and do an airport that can fit on an A3 paper.

I then present you Mizuho Airport, which is a small regional fantasy airport, located somewhere in Japan. The airport is supposed to be builded over the water. I have work to do, because I want to had sand and water, to make it more realistic. The thing is, at the moment I don't know exactly what technique I will use. I've read about "water paper" and I will see how it looks.

I also need to make a good building airport. I did this one with my 3D printer but despite I consider myself as good for replicating, I am terribly bad for creating and I don't know how I should update my building (or change to another one). I have to add windows, entrance and all the details but ... hard to start. I want it to look like a typical Japanese building (my inspiration was Tajima Airport).

I will keep you updated with this project and I hope to show you the trafic very soon.
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Mizuho Airport

I love the lettering, reminds me of Narita!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Interesting project, I also like the lettering! Lovely to see a Japanese airport.
Japan is such a fascinating country, but the aviation there is making me sad lately.
Once a 747 paradase, now there is none in passenger service. And JAL still keep using that stupid bland livery, wish they could already come up with something nice and fresh... but keeping the Tsurumaru at the tail, of course

Old 07-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #4
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

You will not be disappointed, I did stand 1 in order to allow the 747 at Mizuho.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Love how the 3D printed lettering makes the diorama stand out! Well done and looking forward to the traffic.

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER & Philippine Airlines A330-300 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: