Mataveri (Easter Island) - Isla Baltra (Galapagos) International Airport. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Mataveri (Easter Island) - Isla Baltra (Galapagos) International Airport.

Hi.
The end of the world for this new layout, something far from everything, a summary among Easter Island and Galapagos airports.
Easter Island is Chilean territory and the home airport is "Mataveri International": this airport is served by LATAM Chile by B787-8 and B787-9 with scheduled flights to Papeete (Tahiti) and Santiago de Chile (Chile).
Galapagos Islands have in "Seymour/Baltra International" the most important airport: it is served by Avianca Ecuador (ex AeroGal), LATAM Ecuador and TAME. Galapagos Islands are Ecuadorean territory.
Both airport are what i love more: extreme nature, badly "detailed", a runway with an "essential" apron where to park A320 and B787 airplanes.
While Easter Island is famous for Moai Statues, Galapagos Islands are famous and important for wildlife and Charles Darwin Evolution Theory.
What Herpa offers to us? Not many. Just LAN/LATAM Chile B767-300WL, B787-8 and B787-9, B737-200, AeroGal B737-200 and B727-200.
We haven't LATAM Group A319, A320 and A321, we haven't TAME A319 and A320 (and E190); but we also don't have Aerolineas Argentinas B737-700WL and B737-800WL, an airline i could also use for this beautiful airport lost in the South Pacific.
The layout was easy to realize, something "essential" but so important for me and my dreams.
Pics tomorrow, good night.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Mataveri (Easter Island) - Isla Baltra (Galapagos) International Airport.

The news about this layout is that, for the first time, i used grey cardboard paper instead of painting the wood panel. On the grey cardboard paper, enough thick, i used Uniposca and Lumocolor pens. Pens/pencils work better on cardboard respect the tempera paint, even because with tempera paint they have to work directly on wood.
Another important thing i added are some stylized Moai statues, the most important feature of Easter Island.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Here we are:

some Moai statues

It seems the airport is appreciated by two of the most important animals at Galapagos

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Once Arcibaldo and 34 years old Clementina made the airport free, it can start with activity.
I already complained about missing Latin America airlines in 1:500 scale, especially narrowbodies, so this airport will be served by:

LAN B737-200, A318, B787-8
LATAM B767-300WL, B787
AeroGal B737-200, B727-200

Especially based on Easter Island airport, let me show some distances:
Santiago de Chile 3.760 km
Quito 4.452 km
Mexico City 5.288 km
Buenos Aires 4.882 km
Rio de Janeiro 6.604 km
Honolulu 7.488 km
Papeete 4.231 km
San Francisco 7.298 km
Orlando 6.844 km

I could start some dedicate charter flights from the various cities.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #5
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Cute moais

This is a fantasy layout, right?

By the way you may add LAN A340

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:21 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Cute moais

This is a fantasy layout, right?

By the way you may add LAN A340
It is a mix among Baltra and Mataveri airports, with the water close to the runway. Not so fantasy, just a summary among the two airports.
Yes, i thought about some LAN A340 and Aerolineas Argentinas A340/330, but we really miss all Latin America airlines narrowbodies (except for few airlines).

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-16-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #7
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

This is the kind of airport that I LOVE. Exotic, remote location, and scenery of the land and sea adjoining the airport. The cardboard technique also looks very nice. The Moai statues at the end of the runway are a great local touch, and it seems that Arcibaldo could eat a plane!

P.S. My little sister in North Carolina has a 31 y.o. turtle named Tina--once a year they have to induce the laying of eggs with Oxytocin--the poor old girl is so relieved from the bloating and pressure once all the eggs come out!
Keep up the good work with these airports. You are spoiling us with such great choices, especially nice to travel vicariously now with the world temporarily shut down. At least in our miniature scales and thanks to your generous contributions to the forum, we can still have a taste of adventure!!

Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
The Dark Side

Thanks so much for your nice words Pete.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-17-2020, 02:50 PM   #9
The Dark Side

The airport is ready for activity.
the first two flights landing there are an AeroGal B727-200 from Quito and a LAN Chile B787-8 arrived from Santiago de Chile.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: