Djerba International Airport (DJE -Tunisie). - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Djerba International Airport (DJE -Tunisie).

Hi.
I had this panel, the old Sharm El-Sheikh Airport, to resurface.

The problem was the sand, impossible to remove, so i thought to another "holiday" airport of north Africa.
The choice was among Tunisie, Egypt and Morocco, the three countries with more holiday places and with more holiday resorts for European holidaymakers.
Egypt has been already "realized" with the mythical Sharm El-Sheikh so i had to decided to realize a mix of three Tunisian airports: Djerba, Enfidha and Monastir and two Morroccan airports: Marrakech and Casablanca.
The project is Djerba International Airport (DJE) with also the traffic of Monastir and Enfidha. Now Herpa should make the great present to realize Nouvelair A320!!!
Here the airlines serving the airport:

Air France
ASL Airlines France
Brussels Airlines
Chair Airlines
Edelweiss Air
Enter Air
Eurowings
Freebird Airlines Europe
GetJet Airlines
Luxair
Neos
Nordwind Airlines
Nouvelair
Royal Flight
SmartLynx Airlines
Smartwings
Swiss
Transavia
TUI Airways
TUIfly Belgium
TUIfly Netherlands
TUIfly Germany
TUIfly Nordic
Tunisair
Tunisair Express
Ural Airlines

FlyBosnia
Libyan Airlines
SkyUp
Air Bucharest
Azur Air
Aviolet
Blue Air
BH Airlines
Corendon Dutch Airlines
easyJet
Nordstar Airlines
Rossiya Airlines
Sun Express Deutschland
Condor
Blue Panorama
Aegean Airlines
Air Arabia
Air Europa
Binter Canaria
Air Serbia
British Airways
Bulgaria Air
Iberia
Lauda Air/Niki
Lufthansa
Norwegian Air Shuttle
Qatar Airways
Royal Air Maroc
Ryanair
Saudia
TAP
Volotea
Wizz Air
Air Algerie
Etihad Airways

Even for this airport the same of Kai Tak: i pasted tempera colors in the wrong way so all the airport (already finished!) was full of cracks! Remove everything and restart everything...

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 05-05-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Djerba International Airport (DJE -Tunisie).

Looking forward to another one of your beautiful creations--you have spoiled us with so many great airports! I am curious--what was the error with the painting--so that others might not reproduce this error?
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
Looking forward to another one of your beautiful creations--you have spoiled us with so many great airports! I am curious--what was the error with the painting--so that others might not reproduce this error?
Pete
Thanks Pete.
Tempera colors are mixed using water. To realize grey, a lot of white, few black and water. If the water is too few the mix is too dense and, while it dries, air-bubbles could be created inside, forming a kind of "desert-cracks". With these cracks the dried paint comes off, ruining the layout.
So, what to do? Remove the paint, use sand paper and restart with some paint coats, hoping the "base" (what is present under the paint coat) will resist.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
Pete
This is what i mean my friend:

Dramatic pics, the airport is completely ruined!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #5
The Dark Side

But Djerba Airport is still alive and ready to be re-realized:

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Finally, the airport is finished! I am absolutely satisfied, great holiday airport but also great hub.
It has its soul, represented by the big Muslim Flag...
Pics soon.
These more airlines serving the facility:

Air Canada
Air Malta
Air Senegal
Alitalia
Egyptair
Emirates
Gulf Air
Mauritania Airlines
Oman Air
Pegasus Airlines

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-05-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #7
The Dark Side

For me one of my most beautiful layouts!

Before to start to post the photos of this layout in activity, let me explain something more about the flag reproduced on the background.

I am not Muslim but i wanted something showing the Muslim identity of the airport. Technically speaking it is the flag of "Ottoman Empire" (1517-1923) the maximum expression of Islam, and the "half-moon" is represneted in all the flags of Muslim countries: the half-moon means progress while the white five-pointed star means light and knowledge.

Even technically speaking i should realize this flag

but, as you can understand, it is impossible to realize for me. Contrarily to what we could think (and to what media say us) it isn't jihad-Isis-Al-Qaeda flag but "Ar-Raya al-Islamiyya" is the Muslim flag. Then terrorist organizations took this flag as their symbol.
This airport is based on Djerba layout but i wanted to realize an holiday/scheduled hub for Tunisie, Morocco other Muslims countries. In this way i can use more airlines, even intercontinental.
I thought it was the easier flag to realize and the most known.
Said this, i ask "sorry" to all the Muslim friends of Wings900 finding something wrong in my explanation.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-06-2020, 03:58 PM   #8
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Looking good! Now it's time to put some models on it
Old 05-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Looking good! Now it's time to put some models on it
Thanks so much Leo. Tomorrow i will post the pics.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2020, 01:39 PM   #10
The Dark Side

Here some other pics

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #11
The Dark Side

The first airline to land is Turkish Airlines, with the A321neo: a flight from Istanbul International (IST).

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #12
The Dark Side

The second airline to land is Egyptair and the beautiful B737-800WL, coming from Cairo International.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #13
The Dark Side

Than it is time for yet another north Africa airline, Royal Air Maroc and the beautiful B737-800WL:

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #14
The Dark Side

But this airport is also an hub for some airlines using widebodies, leisure and not...pics tomorrow.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-08-2020, 05:22 PM   #15
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Ale...I am afraid you made a BIG mistake.

The flag is Turkey, not Tunisia.

OK, have read above now…..but if it repesents Djerba as a hub, wouldnt you need then TU planes first ? If used as a hub, one Airline will dominate. But dont see it. So who is your home Airline ?

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 05-08-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: