Geneva Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 04:58 AM   #1
Earning My Wings

meano77 is flying under the radarmeano77 is flying under the radar
Geneva Airport

This is my first ever attempt at a model so it’s a little rough around the edges. Any advice would be appreciated as well as constructive criticism. I’m attempting to replicate Geneva but due to the lack of space and a small budget had to move things around and remove some features. Thanks for looking. I am only half way through the project so a lot more to come....👍🏻
Attached Thumbnails
Geneva Airport-c5d32788-7ae4-4f1d-9905-d409d037e5fe_1585904129684.jpg   Geneva Airport-2564addc-3bfe-4001-b988-6a537084d720_1585904218969.jpg  
meano77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2020, 05:13 AM   #2
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor
Re: Geneva 1:500 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by meano77 View Post
Probably posted this on the wrong thread apologies

i guess it will be moved accordingly, no worries

good job on the airport
Old 04-03-2020, 05:38 AM   #3
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Geneva Airport

I like the complex shape of the terminal building, with its varied heights, setbacks, and facade materials. Also, lots of different things on the roof are present, which adds greatly to visual interest. This is an outstanding little airport--good job!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
This is my first ever attempt at a model so itís a little rough around the edges. Any advice would be appreciated as well as constructive criticism. Iím attempting to replicate Geneva but due to the lack of space and a small budget had to move things around and remove some features. Thanks for looking. I am only half way through the project so a lot more to come....👍🏻
Ciao and welcome to Wings900 family. Many thanks for sharing your beautiful realization and thanks for joining the forum.
You have realized a great airport, may you post some more pics of the apron? Thanks.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #5
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I moved the thread, thanks for sharing your design and welcome to W900!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #6
Earning My Wings

Thank you so much Pete. I had to use what materials I had available due to the Covid-19 lockdown in my country so I had limited supplies.Glad with how it came out I still have a few more things to add to the main terminal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I like the complex shape of the terminal building, with its varied heights, setbacks, and facade materials. Also, lots of different things on the roof are present, which adds greatly to visual interest. This is an outstanding little airport--good job!
Pete[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
Earning My Wings

Fantastic thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I moved the thread, thanks for sharing your design and welcome to W900!
Old 04-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #8
Earning My Wings

Hello. I have not done much work with the apron so far as this project is still in it’s early stages. I will be sure to keep you updated though. Thank you so much for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Quote:
This is my first ever attempt at a model so it’s a little rough around the edges. Any advice would be appreciated as well as constructive criticism. I’m attempting to replicate Geneva but due to the lack of space and a small budget had to move things around and remove some features. Thanks for looking. I am only half way through the project so a lot more to come....👍🏻
Ciao and welcome to Wings900 family. Many thanks for sharing your beautiful realization and thanks for joining the forum.
You have realized a great airport, may you post some more pics of the apron? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #9
Earning My Wings

Great thank you.😊
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepxs View Post
Quote:
Probably posted this on the wrong thread apologies

i guess it will be moved accordingly, no worries [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

good job on the airport [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
RJ First Officer

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

Looking forward to seeing more photos from you! A wonderful project!
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #11
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

It looks very nice!!! I'd love to see more pictures of it
Old 04-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #12
Earning My Wings

Thank you so much Harry. I shall keep you updated👍🏻
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Pettersion View Post
Looking forward to seeing more photos from you! A wonderful project!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #13
Earning My Wings

Thank you. I will upload more photos soon. I have just a few modifications to complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
It looks very nice!!! I'd love to see more pictures of it [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #14
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

Hi! Which scale are you building?
Eurojet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #15
Earning My Wings

Hello. It’s 1:500 scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
Hi! Which scale are you building?

Rate This Thread