Cargo Airport. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Cargo Airport.

Hi.
Before to create the next passenger airport (Montego Bay) i will produce a Cargo Airport.
One of the many beautiful things of 1:500 scale is having a lot of cargo models, really many!
For this reason i want to create a cargo airport: i already produced East Midland-Cargo Area (UK) but it is small, while i have something particular in my mind, a mix among Leipzig-Halle/Liege/Cologne-Bonn/Milan-Malpensa. All these four airports have a big cargo area and i will realize something of unique.
These the airlines serving these four airports:

Leipzig-Halle (1.240.000 freight tons)

AirBridge Cargo
DHL Aviation

Milan-Malpensa (560.000 freight tons)

AeroLogic
AirBridge Cargo
Asiana Cargo
Atlas Air
Cargolux
Cargolux Italia
Cathay Pacific Cargo
DHL Aviation
Egyptair Cargo
Emirates SkyCargo
Ethiopian Airlines Cargo
FedEx Express
Korean Air Cargo
Lufthansa Cargo
Nippon Cargo Airlines
Qatar Airways Cargo
Royal Air Maroc Cargo
Saudia Cargo
Silk Way Airlines
Swiftair
Turkish Cargo

Cologne-Bonn (860.000 freight tons)

ATRAN
Cargojet
Egyptair Cargo
FedEx Express
FedEx Feeder
MNG Airlines
Turkish Cargo
UPS Airlines

Liege (900.000 freight tons)

Air China Cargo
ASL Airlines Belgium
Astral Aviation
CAL Cargo Air Lines
Emirates SkyCargo
Ethiopian Airlines Cargo
FedEx Express
Icelandair Cargo
Qatar Airways Cargo
Western Global Airlines

I prepared the wood panel, then i will think how to display the parking stands and the general layout.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Cargo Airport.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Hi.
Before to create the next passenger airport (Montego Bay) i will produce a Cargo Airport.
One of the many beautiful things of 1:500 scale is having a lot of cargo models, really many!
For this reason i want to create a cargo airport: i already produced East Midland-Cargo Area (UK) but it is small, while i have something particular in my mind, a mix among Leipzig-Halle/Liege/Cologne-Bonn/Milan-Malpensa. All these four airports have a big cargo area and i will realize something of unique.
These the airlines serving these four airports:

Leipzig-Halle (1.240.000 freight tons)

AirBridge Cargo
DHL Aviation

Milan-Malpensa (560.000 freight tons)

AeroLogic
AirBridge Cargo
Asiana Cargo
Atlas Air
Cargolux
Cargolux Italia
Cathay Pacific Cargo
DHL Aviation
Egyptair Cargo
Emirates SkyCargo
Ethiopian Airlines Cargo
FedEx Express
Korean Air Cargo
Lufthansa Cargo
Nippon Cargo Airlines
Qatar Airways Cargo
Royal Air Maroc Cargo
Saudia Cargo
Silk Way Airlines
Swiftair
Turkish Cargo

Cologne-Bonn (860.000 freight tons)

ATRAN
Cargojet
Egyptair Cargo
FedEx Express
FedEx Feeder
MNG Airlines
Turkish Cargo
UPS Airlines

Liege (900.000 freight tons)

Air China Cargo
ASL Airlines Belgium
Astral Aviation
CAL Cargo Air Lines
Emirates SkyCargo
Ethiopian Airlines Cargo
FedEx Express
Icelandair Cargo
Qatar Airways Cargo
Western Global Airlines

I prepared the wood panel, then i will think how to display the parking stands and the general layout.
Missing a few Ale....Star Air serving massively CGN and Aero Logic also very present in LEJ, they even have their HQ there. just fyi.
If I would be you I would even considering adidng FRA, since otherwise you will miss many nice LH models and other serving FRA. Not to Forget that FRA is having more volumes in tons than LEJ.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Its going to be hard Alessandro unless you have a few customs. Leipzig or cologne would be better as there is a good selection in the herpa range. I will watch this project closely.
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Looking at all cargo airports, including Frankfurt and Anchorage, there isn't an hub handling all the major cargo airlines of the world.
In 1:500 scale we have many cargo airlines even if some are still missing; cargo airplane are underrepresented in our handmade airports and i decided to realize a mega cargo-hub, with all the most important cargo airlines/models.
I think to realize something like Malpensa, with Herpa cargo buildings, space for trucks and, if possible, two or three stands for passenger airplanes.

Charter airlines lover

Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM   #6
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

One idea so that you can include as many different cargo models as possible, would be to create a fantasy hybrid cargo facility located somewhere in central Europe. That way, your story can justify the presence of beautiful freighters from the four corners of the earth, and you could also incorporate the best features from a variety of airport cargo facilities. I am sure that whatever path you choose, the results will be amazing. Keep up the good work--it inspires all of us!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:50 PM   #7
The Dark Side

Thanks for the suggestion Pete.
The first section of the airport is almost finished, the passenger side.
I have an idea about how to realize a small cargo apron...

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: