Maple Island Successor Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #1
RJ Second Officer

United 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributor
Maple Island Successor Airport

It's been a while, but since I my college asked everyone to leave, I've decided to put the time to something productive, and I've revived my KMPL successor project, although this isn't going to be a 76 gate wonder, but rather a 22 gate airport, aimed at building more skills and gathering more supplies before the MPL project. I've completed a rough draft, and posted some pics below. This was mainly to get a feel for the layout, and capacity, so I apologize for the incomplete markings and wooden blocks, I will fix them when I get more supplies, but this is proving hard with COVID. If anyone has suggestions for how to paint/surface said blocks, I'd love to hear them. I hope to continue posting over the next few weeks. I'll also be building some more customs for this airport, and if any of those interest you, let me know and we could probably work something out. Somebody let me know if the images are out of size please, and I hope that you enjoy this!

United 752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Maple Island Successor Airport

First of all, I like the sheer size of this project. 22 gates will give much display area! Also, I think that your ground markings are excellent. Keep on rolling, it looks like a great airport coming!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Promising start indeed. You got plenty of space to create something special here and the architecture already closely resembles a US airport
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

You can imagine what is my first thought...great parking lines! I like how you realized them and i like the black-yellow lines.
Nice to see you will use wood for the terminal building and the use of new Herpa jetways, much better than before.
If you have more time to spend try to realize a tarmac grid on the apron, it makes the airport even more realistic.
Good job indeed.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
RJ Second Officer

Slash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributor

Glad to see you are back at it! This will definitely be a great opportunity to showcase a wide range of aircraft! Looking forward to the finished project and traffic pics!
Slash01z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That is simply great! Really happy to see your projects back! Hope you can finish it as soon as possible. Eager to see more pics

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: