Orlando International Airport - Concourse 2 (Florida - USA) 1:500. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Orlando International Airport - Concourse 2 (Florida - USA) 1:500.

Hi.
Orlando International Airport has always been a myth for me because, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful and elegant airports of the world.
If you look it at google Maps it seems a flower with four petals: Concourse 2 (gates 100 to 129) is the one with the garden, palm trees and small lakes on the middle of the apron, with airplanes parking directly in front of them.
Absolutely amazing, unique in the world!

But i am living in Europe, Italy (Rome), so when i reproduce these mega-hubs i tend to realize the terminal buildings or airport sections that handle international/intercontinental traffic.
Unfortunately, at MCO, Concourse 2 is part of Main Terminal - A-Side (along with Concourse 1) while the majority of intercontinental-European airlines have parking stands at Concourse 4, part of Main Terminal - B-Side (along with Concourse 3).

These the airlines serving MCO:

Aer Lingus (suspended)
Aerolineas Argentinas
Aeromexico
Aeromexico Connect
Air Canada Rouge
Air Transat
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Avianca
Azul
Bahamasair
British Airways
Caribbean Airlines
Copa Airlines
Delta Air Lines
Delta Connection
Edelweiss
Emirates
Eurowings
Frontier
GOL
Icelandair
Interjet
Jetblue
LATAM Brasil
LATAM Peru
Lufthansa
Norwegian Air Shuttle
Silver Airways
Southwest Airlines
Spirit Airlines
Sun Country
Sunwing
Swoop
United Airlines
United Express
Virgin Atlantic
VivaAerobus
Volaris
Westjet

The second fact is that many central-south America and north-America airlines are not present in 1:500 scale, while for other we have only widebodies and we need narrowbodies!

These the missing airlines and models for a complete MCO airport:

Aeromexico B737-800 and B737-700
Aerolineas Argentinas B737-800 and B737-700
Air Canada Rouge A319
Air Transat A321 and B737-800
Avianca A319, A320, A321
Bahamasair B737-500 and B737-700
Copa Airlines B737-800, B737-700, E190
Frontier A320
Interjet A320, A321, SSJ-100
LATAM A319, A320, A321
Southwest B737-700 and B737-800 new livery (but i have many B737-700 in old livery)
Spirit Airlines A319, A320, A321
Sun Country B737-800
Sunwing B737-800
Swoop B737-800
VivaAerobus A320
Volaris A319, A320, A321

Too many missing airlines and airplanes in 1:500 scale.
There is a third fact, the terminal building. Very difficult to realize, a particular shape and i have to understand how to realize it.

So, what to do? Make Concourse/Airside 2 with international/intercontinental traffic or give up the beautiful garden + palm trees + lakes and realize Concourse/Airside 4?
Thanks for the help fellow collectors and friends, especially those living in Florida (and/or in Orlando).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 03-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Orlando International Airport - Concourse 4 (Florida - USA) 1:500.

I think you should re-create Concourse/Airside 2 including the garden and trees, and have some international traffic DEPART from there, which is plausible given the U.S. system of international departures being able to leave from domestic gates. It is really not far-fetched in this age of airline alliances, anyway! In doing so, you could have the best of both worlds--lots of interesting planes AND great scenery. Furthermore, I am looking forward to seeing your results, which I am sure will be amazing!!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:20 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I think you should re-create Concourse/Airside 2 including the garden and trees, and have some international traffic DEPART from there, which is plausible given the U.S. system of international departures being able to leave from domestic gates. It is really not far-fetched in this age of airline alliances, anyway! In doing so, you could have the best of both worlds--lots of interesting planes AND great scenery. Furthermore, I am looking forward to seeing your results, which I am sure will be amazing!!
Pete
Thanks for the encouragement Pete. Orlando is a tribute to you and to all Wings900 members living in Florida.
So, you say to build Councorse 2 and put here all international/intercontinental flights along with some domestic airlines?

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.

Old 03-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #4
The Dark Side

The terminal building is almost complete. Various, different pieces of wood and now i have to make a kind of collage using "hot glue", the most resistant.
The central body is the same of MCO, i have also realized the two lateral sections that will not be oblique but straight because of space/wood panel reasons.
My goal is to realize the central body and the grass, garden, lakes, trees.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-20-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
The Dark Side

I sticked the grass for the two apron gardens, added water and now i am ready to realize the apron tarmac.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Here the first view of MCO:

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-21-2020, 07:32 AM   #7
The Dark Side

The work on the apron is continuing, i have almost finished the tarmac grid.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #8
The Dark Side

Re: Orlando International Airport - Concourse 2 (Florida - USA) 1:500.

Even this airport is finished. Essential but wonderful!

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #9
The Dark Side

I did not think MCO apron was so "essential", for a time an easy apron to realize!
Not the same for the terminal building, extremely difficult as you can see from the (good) result.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-22-2020, 09:42 PM   #10
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I think this is a great result--the lakes and the palm trees add much realism. Also, I am happy to see the mixture of domestic and international traffic and it is especially nice to see the Delta planes, and of course the different Southwest liveries that have not been displayed on this forum for so long. Wonderful job!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:34 AM   #11
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

You should fire jetway dude of that LATAM 787

No seriously, another wonderful creation!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM   #12
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I think this is a great result--the lakes and the palm trees add much realism. Also, I am happy to see the mixture of domestic and international traffic and it is especially nice to see the Delta planes, and of course the different Southwest liveries that have not been displayed on this forum for so long. Wonderful job!
Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
You should fire jetway dude of that LATAM 787

No seriously, another wonderful creation!
Thanks friends, i am happy for the result too.

Charter airlines lover

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #13
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Straight off the plane into the pool? Heck yes!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: