1/400 New International Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 01:36 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog
1/400 New International Airport

It has been a long time since I last posted, particularly due to very tight study schedule for the upcoming University Entrance Examination. Because of the current CoViD 19, students are required to stay at home which means not only can I review for the exam but also have free time. That's why I decided to create this airport. I drew on roki paper measured 109x79cm using pencil, then add color by markers. The airport is fictionally based in Asia in the Pacific Ocean, which is an hour away from Manila. Currently, its role is an airport for domestic traffic (fantasy using many ex-aircraft from airlines) and International (mostly for holiday-makers).
_ Features: 9 parking space. Bay 1 and 3 (20cm wide and 20cm in length) for aircraft upto A380 (when finished I realized it should be a 18cm wide and an 22cm wide rather both 20cm for the capable of handling An-225). Bay 2 and 4 (17.5cm wide and 19cm long) with bay 4 being the only jetbridge-equipped parking bay. The first four bays are for wide-body aircraft and the remaining five are for narrow body aircraft. Bay 5, 7, 9 all share the same dimension of 10cm in width and 12cm in length. Bay 6 is 12cm wide and 10cm long and bay 8 is 10x10cm. The airport also includes a maintenance hangar for the domestic airline narrow-body fleet of 9 BAe-146s, 5 ATR42-500s, an A318 and 2 A320s, 3 Boeing 737s, a Fokker-50 together with DHC-8-200 which serves as Medevac Transportation and Historical Flight Fleet of IL-18 passenger turboprop and DC-6 and L-188. Now, its time for the photos.

THE CALIBRATION DAY

The first aircraft to arrive at this New Airport is the Air Calibration Service operated by FAA Convair 580 registered N49. November Four Nine is seen here doing taxi run on the widebody apron with only engine 1 on.

DSC06548ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

N49 made a backtrack on the apron then headed back to the runway before she entered her assigned bay with engine no.1 on.

[DSC06566ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

The pilots deboard the plane via airport airstair (The CV-580 has its own built-in stairs though)

DSC06577ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

The American registered aircraft was being pushed back.

DSC06579ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr
It was sent to the hangar for maintenance.

DSC06583ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

TRIAL OPERATION DAY

The trail flight arrived from the capital which is 25 minutes away by jet at 6:30AM. Onboard were the 55 exciting lucky passengers (they were airport authority and staffs) who were ready to explore the new airport. It was operated by an ex-Nordwind Airlines B777 which still bears her old registration. The aircraft is seen here parking at bay 4 with the jetbridges connected and Ground Support in full swing.

DSC06591ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

Before the sunset, she was pushed back for her flight back to the capital.

DSC06594ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

THE FIRST DAY OF OPERATION

The airport is officially opened. First flight was an early-bird which arrived at the airport at 5:30 in the morning. Seen here is 45 minutes later when the ATR42 which commenced operation at the airport taxi to the runway for her departure back to the capital. On the ramp are two flights: the 2nd domestic flight of the day operated by RJ-100 which also arrived from the capital as the first flight did and the first international flight from London-Gatwick operted by TUI 787-9 as flight BY94.

DSC06597ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

At 7:15AM, it's time the RJ100 continued her island-hopping flight. The TUI B787 picked up passengers while flight Qatari 998 has just arrived from Doha-Hamad.

DSC06601ab by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

That's all for the first post, folks. I hope you enjoy and please give me some advice as well. It's my 1st airport so I think there should be more improvements. I really don't know how should I name the airport or the city,... so it's currently a bit long read too

Last edited by Harry Pettersion; 03-12-2020 at 01:49 AM.
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2020, 04:47 AM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: 1/400 New International Airport

You made really accurate and attractive ground markings with your airport, and the story line was also well done and fun to read. Thanks for sharing your diorama here with us!
Pete

P.S. Good luck with the entrance exams
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Amazing realization, i agree with Pete about the accuracy on the realization of the ground markings.
I love the CV-580.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2020, 08:18 AM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Really cool! So nice to see a Convair!
Old 03-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
You made really accurate and attractive ground markings with your airport, and the story line was also well done and fun to read. Thanks for sharing your diorama here with us!
Pete

P.S. Good luck with the entrance exams
Thank you so much for your kind words. I really enjoy creating a story for my airport, which makes it more enjoyable and realistic. It took quite a while to do the markings. Instead of the circular turning-to-gate mark.I chose arrow for simplicity, I.got.the idea from.LGW and LHR. I'm glad you like it (y)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Amazing realization, i agree with Pete about the accuracy on the realization of the ground markings.
I love the CV-580.
Thank you Ale, I read your post about airport making and I learned from it. The CV-580 is such a cute little prop. Too bad my model got the paint crack on the wings, I don't know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Really cool! So nice to see a Convair!
Thank you Leo! The idea of my airport is partly based on your two dioramas. Since you have your own airline, I decided to "invest" a fleet for an airport too, with BAe146/RJs and ATR42. I am currently thinking to add the some Jumbolinos and ATRs to my collection.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:52 AM   #6
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
This is amazing. I hope to see more updates.
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Pettersion View Post
Thank you Leo! The idea of my airport is partly based on your two dioramas. Since you have your own airline, I decided to "invest" a fleet for an airport too, with BAe146/RJs and ATR42. I am currently thinking to add the some Jumbolinos and ATRs to my collection.
This is really cool! Hope to see your new airline up in the air very soon!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #8
RJ First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
This is amazing. I hope to see more updates.
Thank you for your compliment! I will post more photos since I now have 3 more weeks home due to the virus situation here in Vietnam.

Quote:
This is really cool! Hope to see your new airline up in the air very soon!
Thank you Leo! The airline now has its own fleet but still not painted into new livery...one day in the future I think!
Old 03-15-2020, 10:37 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

More updates Harry!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
RJ First Officer

It's time for some more shots.I updated my diorama with GSEs parking markings and runway markings. Today's update feature SUNDAY AFTERNOON traffic.

The time now is 2:30pm but the sky was full of clouds so the lights were really bad. REP CAP 565 was being pushed back for her flight back to KLIA-2.

2:35pm: LUFTHANSA 752 had just arrived from Munich while AirAsia A320-216 in "Connecting ASEAN" lined up for her takeoff. The A346 is sometimes known as "The Flying Pencil" for her fuselage length. For many years, she held the record for the longest passenger airline but this title is now owned by "The Queen of the Skies" B747-8.

The A320 took off for Kuala Lumpur passing some aircraft on the ground. Rarely do we see such low takeoff angle, which only common for Russian aircraft.

At 3:00pm, Scoot Tigerair Airbus A320-232 Sharklet with push-back truck disconnected and ready for her flight back to Singapore as SCOOTER 365.The airline's orange livery is colorful and distinctive. In the background were two airliner: a Medivac Dash 8 which arrived from the capital not too long ago and was waiting for her patient back to the capital and a domestic B737 painted in green.

An inter-island flight had just finished, with all engines turned off, operated by ATR42-500. This aircraft is suitable for island-hopping trips. Further at the back was China Airlines which was in loading procedure.

3:10pm, the Medevac had picked up its patient and taxied out to the runway for the departure back to the capital. The domestic B737-400, which also bound for the same destination, was a charter flight.

TURKISH 154 arrived from Istanbul New Airport. The Jetstar B787 was AOG in the morning so all 160POB were transported back to the capital for the night flight to Melbourne by the domestic B737-400.

The wide-body parking was full this afternoon with Lufthansa A340 at bay one, bay 2 occupied by Jetstar AOG 787. Turkish was turning to bay 3 while China Airlines 777 was ready to be pushed back at bay 4.

The sun begun to set and the inter-island cargo service operated by L-188 in Hawaiian livery was taxiing to runway 29 while previous flights were operated on runway 11.

That's all photos of today's shot. Thank you for viewing my photos and hope you will leave me a comment in what I should improve.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #11
Selfie with bros

I'm not really a fan of this mixing of airlines from around the world and the mix of eras... but at least these are some beautiful models. The Hawaiian Electra is a beauty! I also love your editing (pics with great quality!) and the effects too. The A320 with wheels up is so nice!
Old 03-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #12
RJ First Officer

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of this mixing of airlines from around the world and the mix of eras... but at least these are some beautiful models. The Hawaiian Electra is a beauty! I also love your editing (pics with great quality!) and the effects too. The A320 with wheels up is so nice!
Thank you for your comment, Leo. It is quite a shame that I have to mix so much airlines (as I was unable to customize my model - the real traffic is based on BKK and HKT with some minor changes of aircraft type). I want to add some historical birds too as they are getting rarer and rarer nowadays.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #13
RJ First Officer

Today post won't feature new batch of photos but about my fantasy fleet I currently have for the airline. The fix is mixed, I already thought about fleet commonality but since my main collecting area is still-in-active service airliner, I will used models that are no longer flying with the airline/using the livery. Hope you guys enjoy my Fleet Introduction.

THE FLEET INTRODUCTION

Domestic / Regional Fleet - Your comfortable island hopper - consists of 16 airliner includes:

- 6 BAe/RJ jets: 2 BAe 146-200 (Continental Jet Express in dark color scheme is VIP-configured), 1 RJ-75, 1 RJ-85, 1 RJ-85QC, 1 RJ-100 (The RJs are in BAe House Color)
- 5 ATR42-500 in PIA livery.
- Airbus fleet: 1 A318 Sharklet, 1 A320 Blank.
- Boeing Fleet: 1 737-200Adv in SAT livery, 1 737-400 in Kulula "Zippy" livery, 1 737-900 in House livery.

Widebody fleet - Flying International - has a total of 9 members:
- 2 Airbus A330s: 1 Air Seychelles A330-243, 1 Aeroflot A330-343 (Aeroflot now progressively retires the Airbus widebody and replace them with A350, my model VQ-BCV was stored in Oct. 2019; I will get the Aeroflot A350 eventually.)
- 3 Airbus A340s: Finnair A343, Airbus House A345, Qatar A346.
- 3 Boeing 747-400s: Exxon Mobil Aviation, East Touch and Oasis Hong Kong.
- 1 ex-Nordwind Airlines B777 VP-BJB

Inter-island Cargo Fleet -Transporting goods between the islands - includes:
- 3 BAe 146 (-100 Australian Air Express, -200 and -300 are TNTs)
- 1 B737-300 in Australian Air Express livery
- 2 classic props for rough airstrips: Hawaiian L-188 and Flying Tiger DC-6A
- Not in the photo: Experimental IL 76-MD90A for large cargo.
(I'm still wondering should I include TNT B747-400F for the fleet)

DSC06725a by minhquanjet1, on Flickr

Special Air Service - All the special tasks you need - on time with care - built up by
- 2 Air Ambulances/Medevac : 1 Dash 8-200 and 1 Fokker 50
- Historical Air Preservation LOT Ilyushin - 18 (I'm really into Soviet airliner) and FAA CV-580

That's all for the Fleet Overview. Thank you for viewing my post and hope you will leave a reply. More photos of the airport will follow soon because I'm currently finding the background for better photos.

Last edited by Harry Pettersion; 03-19-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #14
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

That's a lot of different and colourful planes which will surely enhance your diorama with their presence!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #15
RJ First Officer

Question Re: 1/400 New International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
That's a lot of different and colourful planes which will surely enhance your diorama with their presence!
Thank you for your kind words DutchCollector. I really like how other members create their own airlines with custom models which better enhance realisticness.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: