Melbourne "Tullamarine" (Australia) 1:500 scale. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Melbourne "Tullamarine" (Australia) 1:500 scale.

Hi.
Melbourne "Tullamarine" is a challenging project. All airports are important, if not for the community the serve, but MEL is really important: 37.5 million passengers per year, the second airport of Australia, about 45 airlines landing there (except for Alitalia, of course...).
I want to realize the international terminal, at least a section of it.
I am still in the phase of study: i am drawing the measures on the wood, then i have to cut it with a saw.

These the airlines serving MEL:

Air Canada
Air China
Air India
Air New Zealand
Air Vanuatu
Aircalin
Air North
Beijing Capital Airlines
Cathay Pacific
Cebu Pacific
China Airlines
China Eastern Airlines
China Southern Airlines
Emirates
Etihad Airways
Fiji Airways
Garuda Indonesia
Hainan Airlines
Japan Airlines
Jetstar Airways
LATAM Chile
Malaysia Airlines
Malindo Air
Philippine Airlines
Qantas
Qantas Link
Qatar Airways
Regional Express Airlines
Royal Brunei Airlines
Scoot
Shanghai Airlines
Sichuan Airlines
Singapore Airlines
SriLankan Airlines
Thai Airways
Tanjin Airlines
Tigerair Australia
United Airlines
Vietnam Airlines
Virgin Australia
XiamenAir

Update in the next days.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
Second Officer

klm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciated
Re: Melbourne "Tullamarine" (Australia) 1:500 scale.

Making me curious about this one..
Old 03-07-2020, 07:29 AM   #3
Young Collector.

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

Eager to see your wonderful realization!
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2020, 07:19 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
Making me curious about this one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Pettersion View Post
Eager to see your wonderful realization!
Thanks my friends.
Here the terminal building, the most difficult thing to realize:

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #5
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Ale, another beautiful diorama in the making. You're the Roman Emperor of this hobby, my friend, undoubtedly! We all can't match you in this hobby! Looking forward to the progress of the airport of my fav. Australian city, the city which has 4 seasons in a day (they say)...don't know who said that!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:41 AM   #6
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

A truly ambitious project--can't wait to see more. I'm sure it will be another gem, like so many of the other wonderful projects that you have faithfully shared.
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Ale, another beautiful diorama in the making. You're the Roman Emperor of this hobby, my friend, undoubtedly! We all can't match you in this hobby! Looking forward to the progress of the airport of my fav. Australian city, the city which has 4 seasons in a day (they say)...don't know who said that!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
A truly ambitious project--can't wait to see more. I'm sure it will be another gem, like so many of the other wonderful projects that you have faithfully shared.
Pete
Thanks to both my friends.
Difficult apron, usually these important hubs have a more "important" apron than holiday airports. I am drawing the service road and the delimiting lines: step by step, from outside to inside, the apron takes life.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #8
The Dark Side

I think this is the max expression of handmade airports! When someone is able to make these details of an apron the only feeling is pride!
These mega-hubs have extremely detailed aprons with many big, medium and small lines.
I wonder why nobody realizes existing hubs like this, very few collectors create existing airports.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 03-13-2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #9
The Dark Side

I am happy Melbourne is taking shape: ten parking stands at the international terminal.
Step by step, parking stand by parking stand, the airport is growing.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #10
Earning My Wings

Arimo is flying under the radarArimo is flying under the radarArimo is flying under the radar

Awesome.
When I was 13 years old, I went Melbourne for a homestay. It's memorable to me.
I hope I can see more pics from you soon.
Arimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #11
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Ale, my friend, the apron looks stunning...looking for the first flight out of MEL. I'll follow your progress here as well as in your YUL thread!
Old 03-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #12
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimo View Post
Awesome.
When I was 13 years old, I went Melbourne for a homestay. It's memorable to me.
I hope I can see more pics from you soon.
Ciao, a special thanks for your appreciation especially because it is your first post here and i feel honored! Thanks so much and welcome to Wings900 family!
I hope not to delude you making the best i can to realize an almost perfect replica of MEL.
Thanks for joining Wings900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Ale, my friend, the apron looks stunning...looking for the first flight out of MEL. I'll follow your progress here as well as in your YUL thread!
Thanks so much my friend, much appreciated. It is a very accurate work, making all the apron lines and with all the slanted parking lines the red oblique jetway lines are even more difficult to realize!
But...prepare the Westjet B737-800WL for Toronto - Montreal route!

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #13
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Ale, the YPM-YUL flight is coming soon...(will share it on my thread soon!)
Old 03-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #14
The Dark Side

The apron is finished! My eyes are telling me "f..k you" because of the extremely detailed work, but i am happy.
Even the terminal building rooftop is finished, now i have just to stick the windows and the airport is finally finished!
Pics soon.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-15-2020, 08:37 AM   #15
The Dark Side

I want to post the pics of the evolution of this wonderful layout. It is important to understand how these mega-hubs (even if just sections) takes life.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: