Another quick build - Kent International - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby
Another quick build - Kent International

Whats up guys, long time no post! I got bored yet again recently (too much standby too little flying) and decided to make a very small, compact airport to serve as a regional UK airport and with just 5 stands (for now) i think i achieved my goal nicely... So i present to you all, Kent International

Carriers Include:

Aer Lingus: Dublin
Air Arabia Maroc: Marrakech - A320
Air France/HOP!: Paris/Orly - E170
Air Transat: Toronto, Halifax - A310/A330/737
British Airways: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen, Manchester - A319/A321
British Airways (Cityflyer): Alicante, Venice - E190
Easyjet: Alicante, Amsterdam, Belfast, Barcelona - A319/A320/A321
FlyBe: Belfast City - Dash8-Q400
Jet2: Alicante, Murcia, Almeria, Venice, Madeira, Corfu, Paphos, Ibiza, Larnaca - 737/757
KLM: Amsterdam
Larkair: Luqa, Barcelona, Enfidha, Nice - A320/A321
Lufthansa: Frankfurt - A319/A320
Ryanair: Dublin, Alicante, Almeria, Lisbon, Larnaca, Corfu, Cork - 737
Swiss: Zurich, Geneva - A220
Vueling: Barcelona - A320
Wizz Air: Krakow, Budapest, Bucharest - A321

Seasonal Services

Aegean Airlines: Athens - A321
Air Canada: St Johns, Halifax, Toronto, Vancouver - A330/737/787
British Airways: Charter: St Lucia, Grenada, Bermuda, San Jose - 777/787
British Airways (Cityflyer): Mykonos, Chambery - E190
Easyjet: Nice, Corfu, Crete, Larnaca - A319/A320/A321
FlyBe: Jersey, Quimper- Dash8-Q400
Icelandair: Reykjavik - 737/757
Jet2: Split, Zagreb, Antalya, Salzburg, innsbruck, Lanzarote, Tenerife - 737/757
Larkair: Catania, Bari, Alexandria, Malaga, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Sofia, Basel - A320/A321
Sata: Ponta Delgada - A320/A321
TUI: Ibiza, Palma De Mallorca, Menorca, Larnaca, Sharm El Sheikh, Punta Cana, Cancun, St Lucia, Rovianiemi - 737/757/767/787
Turkish Airlines: Seasonal: Istanbul, Antalya, Ercan - A321/737
Virgin Atlantic: St Lucia, Barbados A330/787
Volotea: Barcelona, Marseille - 717
Wizz Air: Reykjavik, Akureyri - A321

Pictures to follow!

Last edited by daniel richardson; 02-23-2020 at 09:45 AM.
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby
Re: Another quick build - Kent International

Quick overview of the airport, it is a massive work in progress, i was just excited to show it off, runway and additional parking markings to come!

Larkair A321 completing a flight from Luqa, Malta

A pair of Ryanair 737's offloading their latest victims, one from Dublin and one from Almeria

Air Arabia Maroc A320 inbound from Marrakech, this is a UAE registered aircraft transferred to take up the slack whilst one of the Moroccan ones goes into the paint shop, if you look closely, you can see me on the walkaround wondering how on earth those CFM56's got so oversized!

Air Transat A310 arriving from Toronto, this aircraft will be replaced with the A330 once it is retired, reducing the services from 4 to 3 weekly, with the potential to increase again if the demand requires it

Here a Larkair Charter MD83 has arrived on a charter from Salzburg, lucky passengers getting a ride on the Mad Dog in 2020!

A look down the ramp with the Larkair Mad Dog and a Cityflyer E190 about to head to Venice, along with an all white Fokker 100 and a Jet2 pushing back for its next mission

Speaking of little Fokkers, here's one operating a flight to Paris/Orly on behalf of Air France/Hop!

And finally, a Jet2 Holidays 737-800 starting its next mission down to sunny Murcia.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll definitely try and keep up this airport, especially since it's nice and compact and doesn't take forever to try and set up
Old 02-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Sweet little airport indeed, I like the glass design a lot! Though I'm sure the scaled passengers don't appreciate them so much in the summer!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #4
RJ First Officer

captainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributor

Looks very good.
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Ciao Daniel, welcome back.
Beautiful layout and great traffic, very good you have been able to perfectly build the cardboard terminal building.
I imagine this is a 1:400 scale layout, what about the jet2holiday B737-800WL? A custom?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:02 PM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Very nice! These jetways look so good. Very detailed.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:42 AM   #7
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Looks nice! Reminds me somehow of Dresden Airport!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:57 PM   #8
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

This airport is a handy size--nicely made details and I LOVE the Larkair models!! Great original/custom job and thanks for sharing this airport here with us.
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #9
A320 F/O

Hows it going guys, here's an overview of the airport in the early evening around 5pm with just 6 more movements until the day is done!

Overview of the ramp

Here is Larkair's sole A320NEO boarding passengers and bags for the seasonal route to Innsbruck

Icelandair 757-200S pushing back on another seasonal route over to Reykjavik

Jet2 737-300 with boarding underway bound for Murcia

And finally a Larkair A320CEO taxiing out to Enfidha
Old 02-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #10
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Lovely selection of models included in this update, the classic Jet2 737-300 is a firm favourite.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:31 AM   #11
Young Collector.

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

Lovely little model airport. I enjoy the idea of a holiday airport.
Harry Pettersion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM   #12
RJ Second Officer

United 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributor

Beautiful paint! How did you do it?
United 752 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: