Roland Garros Airport (Reunion - Indian Ocean) 1:500. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Roland Garros Airport (Reunion - Indian Ocean) 1:500.

Hello.
Roland Garros International Airport is situated in Reunion Island, Indian Ocean.
It is part of French Overseas Terriories and is served by these airlines:

Air Austral
Air France
Air Madagascar
Air Mauritius
Corsair International
French Bee

Few airlines but mainly widebodies, including all the Air Austral models in 1:500 scale.
Now it is time for some narrowbodies.
I have finished the terminal building, now i will start with the apron.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Roland Garros Airport (Reunion - Indian Ocean) 1:500.

Interesting project, Ale! At first I thought you were constructing the Roland Garros stadium in Paris!!! On a serious note, this is going to be one of your most unusual works, my friend!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Interesting project, Ale! At first I thought you were constructing the Roland Garros stadium in Paris!!! On a serious note, this is going to be one of your most unusual works, my friend!!!
Thanks dear Homzie.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.

Old 02-16-2020, 07:21 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Started with the apron of this beautiful exotic layout.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-19-2020, 04:51 AM   #5
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

interesting one, Ale! How many airports do you plan to construct, my friend? You're now officially the Roman King of Airports, my friend!!! I'm sure there are many airports in the world but, please leave some for the rest of us, Ale!
Old 02-19-2020, 05:17 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Thanks Homzie.
I planned:
Turin
Denpasar
Sydney or Melbourne
Kos or Chania or Zakhyntos
Cebu (perhaps)
Orlando

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #7
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Thanks Homzie.
I planned:
Turin
Denpasar
Sydney or Melbourne
Kos or Chania or Zakhyntos
Cebu (perhaps)
Orlando
...and Montreal
Old 02-19-2020, 05:59 AM   #8
The Dark Side

...and Montreal, yes.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #9
RJ First Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor

Charter perhaps you can slow down a bit. Nearly the entire first page of the model airports section is filled with your posts - half of which don't even have pictures of the airport yet. You are very creative but many of these creations are very similar in look. Perhaps you could try to vary them with showing more landside area or more of the terminal, otherwise most of them are empty grey ramps.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
Charter perhaps you can slow down a bit. Nearly the entire first page of the model airports section is filled with your posts - half of which don't even have pictures of the airport yet. You are very creative but many of these creations are very similar in look. Perhaps you could try to vary them with showing more landside area or more of the terminal, otherwise most of them are empty grey ramps.
I am finishing all the airports i have in my mind and i have planned, then i will start to operate with them all.
I am sorry if they are similar, but these are real airports not fantasy ones.
I am working on the various planned layouts until i am on wheelchair because when (i hope) i will restart to walk i will not have time to realize them.
And then i am realizing them for the very few members still posting comments, for the immense number of guests each day following the various Wings900 forums and, especially, for my pleasure.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 02-19-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #11
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post

I swear this image is bugging my mind. The Corsair 747 is looking way too small next to the Air Austral 777. I strongly believe the Austral was actually placed on this pic using Photoshop. And also... the 747 wingtip would clip the 777 wingtip too

A 747-400 and 777-300ER are very similar in size, the difference shouldn't be this big
Old 02-19-2020, 01:23 PM   #12
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
I swear this image is bugging my mind. The Corsair 747 is looking way too small next to the Air Austral 777. I strongly believe the Austral was actually placed on this pic using Photoshop. And also... the 747 wingtip would clip the 777 wingtip too

A 747-400 and 777-300ER are very similar in size, the difference shouldn't be this big
Uuuuuuuh, yes Leo, i did not notice!
What a weird and bad-assembled pic i have chosen.
Or, maybe, the two airplanes (Air Austral B777 and Corsair B747) are in different scale....

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #13
The Dark Side

Here the finished airport. I am extremely happy even with this layout.

photo DSCN0215_zpszm2e7nhs.jpg

photo DSCN0216_zpslsvgl3ti.jpg

photo DSCN0217_zpstobi9qqz.jpg

photo DSCN0218_zpsj40aihho.jpg

photo DSCN0219_zps87tcoczl.jpg

Even Star Wars "Kylo Ren" landed on this beautiful exotic airport with his spaceship to check it.
 photo DSCN0220_zpsgkcdleiy.jpg

photo DSCN0221_zpsqugewebh.jpg

photo DSCN0222_zps0qmvddmy.jpg

photo DSCN0223_zpsnii6rszu.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #14
The Dark Side

I want to thank my friend Robert for his appreciation and nice words for this layout.
A big THANKS to you.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-22-2020, 07:31 AM   #15
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I love this airport--the concept of creating models of these remote and exotic places lets the imagination run wild! I especially like the appearance of the terminal roof. As I have said before, because we view our dioramas mostly from above, rooftop surfaces are critical and you have done an excellent job on this. And as always, your tarmac / apron representations are SUPERB!! Well done and thank you again for your abundance and generosity on the forum.
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: