"Amilcar Cabral" International Airport (Espargos - Sal Island/Cabo Verde) 1:500. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
"Amilcar Cabral" International Airport (Espargos - Sal Island/Cabo Verde) 1:500.

Hello.
Espargos Airport, the real name is "Amilcar Cabral" International Airport, is a popular holiday destination in Cabo Verde, Sal Island.
A very exotic airport with an intense and growing leisure traffic, especially from Europe.

Here the airlines serving Espargos:

ASL Airlines France
Binter Canarias
Binter CV
Blue Panorama
Brussels Airlines
Cabo Verde Airlines
Corendon Dutch Airlines
Enter Air
Luxair
Neos
Novair
RAM
SmartLynx
Smartwings
Sunclass
TAAG
TAP
Transavia
TUI Group

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2020, 01:37 AM   #2
Creative Model Animator

Supermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributor
Re: "Amilcar Cabral" International Airport (Espargos - Sal Island/Cabo Verde) 1:500.

Wow Charter your model looks so real!

hehehe...that's what I thought for just a minute. No doubt you have big plans ahead. looking forward it...

Visit our new Website: https://www.supermodelnation.com/
Supermodelnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:25 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: "Amilcar Cabral" International Airport (Espargos - Sal Island/Cabo Verde) 1:500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermodelnation View Post
Wow Charter your model looks so real!

hehehe...that's what I thought for just a minute. No doubt you have big plans ahead. looking forward it...
Ahahahahah...i'll try to do my best to reproduce the real airport!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:31 AM   #4
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

There were times when Boeing 747's landed there….SAA had to fly around West Africa during Apartheid times and made a fuel stop on some of their routes.

You are doingt a new Airport almost every day…..your flat will be filled with Airports soon.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
There were times when Boeing 747's landed there….SAA had to fly around West Africa during Apartheid times and made a fuel stop on some of their routes.

You are doingt a new Airport almost every day…..your flat will be filled with Airports soon.
I did not know about the SAA B747, thanks for the info.
The terminal buildings are finished, now it is time to start to work on the apron.
Pics soon.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-06-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I did not know about the SAA B747, thanks for the info.
The terminal buildings are finished, now it is time to start to work on the apron.
Pics soon.
High frequency even, see Wikipedia Quote/Unquote

Beginning in 1967,[citation needed] Sal was used as a refueling stop by South African Airways, for flights to and from Europe, since SAA was denied landing rights by most African countries due to the international boycott of apartheid. By 1983, SAA operated 13 round trips per week between Sal and Johannesburg, using the island as a stop for its Boeing 747 services to New York, Houston, London, Brussels and Amsterdam.[4] The island saw as many as 36 SAA flights per week in the mid-1980s, but this number was cut dramatically following the imposition of US sanctions in 1987.[5] By 1996 only one weekly SAA flight stopped at Sal (service between Johannesburg and New York).[6] Sal was later used as a fuel stop on SAA's Atlanta service starting in 2003.[7] SAA's final flight to Atlanta was on July 1, 2006.[citation needed]

Not many Pictures in the Net About it....
Attached Thumbnails
"Amilcar Cabral" International Airport (Espargos - Sal Island/Cabo Verde) 1:500.-55289_1061577298.jpg  
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:59 AM   #7
The Dark Side

The apron is ready, even repainted in the right dark grey. The terminal buildings are finished too.
I am really satisfied of my job.

photo DSCN0155_zpssdzxrnwa.jpg

photo DSCN0156_zpslhx6fkt2.jpg

photo DSCN0157_zpsyjd4y2dw.jpg

photo DSCN0158_zpsbexedtld.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #8
The Dark Side

It seems a "stupid" airport but is becoming one of my most beautiful and interesting realizations!
I am proud of my job so far, i'll post the pics soon.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #9
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Hi Alessandro! Once again it looks beautiful!

I am just wondering how you choose which airports you realise. While you always choice beautiful airports you seem to be especially keen on airports that gets a lot of traffic that isn't available in 1:500 (like this one where Cabo Verde Airlines are missing).
There are so many other beautiful airports that could be done and that fits Herpa's current product range.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:13 AM   #10
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I especially like the weathered appearance and slight irregularities of the building roofs--this helps with creating realism. I think it is super important to pay attention to roofs, because we are generally looking down onto our dioramas. I am enjoying the progress of this airport a lot---great job!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:02 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Hi Alessandro! Once again it looks beautiful!

I am just wondering how you choose which airports you realise. While you always choice beautiful airports you seem to be especially keen on airports that gets a lot of traffic that isn't available in 1:500 (like this one where Cabo Verde Airlines are missing).
There are so many other beautiful airports that could be done and that fits Herpa's current product range.
Thanks for the appreciation Alberic.
I want to cover all the world and i am reproducing airports of Indian Ocean (Malè, Mahe, Nosy Be, Zanzibar, Reunion, perhaps Mauritius, even if the terminal building is rounded and difficult to realize), Pacific Ocean (South Pacific... Nadi-Fiji, Sydney or Melbourne), Atlantic Ocean (Cabo Verde - Espargos), Caribbean (Guadeloupe, Punta Cana, perhaps Cancun, Varadero) but airports with scheduled and leisure traffic.
We have a couple of Fiji Airways wonderful A330's, some Air Austral B777W and B787, Air Seychelles A320 and A330-200, Air Madagascar B767-300 and A340-300, Air Mauritius A350, A330-200 and A330-300...why don't use them for their home airports? So i decided to realize them, even without narrowbodies, so important for the short-medium haul flights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I especially like the weathered appearance and slight irregularities of the building roofs--this helps with creating realism. I think it is super important to pay attention to roofs, because we are generally looking down onto our dioramas. I am enjoying the progress of this airport a lot---great job!
Pete
Thanks Pete, much appreciated.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 02-11-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:04 AM   #12
The Dark Side

Here the finished airport, i am extremely satisfied of my job, it looks amazing (in my opinion, of course)!
I can't wait to start to use it.

photo DSCN0165_zpscwuujwye.jpg

photo DSCN0166_zpscvpc3ab9.jpg

photo DSCN0167_zpshctk4g1e.jpg

photo DSCN0168_zpsex5ealbq.jpg

photo DSCN0169_zps9ikh48pt.jpg

photo DSCN0170_zpsyocpi1qu.jpg

photo DSCN0171_zps2huu3nzr.jpg

photo DSCN0172_zps2y4grdau.jpg

photo DSCN0173_zps7z03wrjk.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: