Point-a-Pitre International Airport (Guadeloupe - Caribbean) 1:500 scale. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-04-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Point-a-Pitre International Airport (Guadeloupe - Caribbean) 1:500 scale.

Hi.
Point-a-Pitre International Airport is situated in the French islands of Guadeloupe.
It is becoming an important holiday destination in the caribbean and more and more airlines are serving it including...read well...Alitalia!!!
Incredible, but even Alitalia has seasonal flights to Guadeloupe and it is also for this reason i decided to realize it.

These the airlines serving the exotic airport:

Air Antilles
Air Belgium
Air Canada
Air Caraibes
Air France
Air Transat
Alitalia
American Eagle
Condor
Corsair International
Cubana (suspended?)
JetBlue
Level
LIAT
Neos
Servicios Aereos Profesionales
Winair

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Point-a-Pitre International Airport (Guadeloupe - Caribbean) 1:500 scale.

I am excited that you have chosen to make such a variety of island airports. Even Floridians like to escape in our "winter(!)" For me personally, I have a soft spot in my heart for tropical travel, probably related to my very first air odyssey which was Chicago-Miami-Kingston back in December, 1977 Even though the airlines and airplanes that we took on that trip basically don't exist anymore (NW 742, BWIA DC-9-50, and both an Air Jamaica DC8-50 and DC-8-61) taking these trips even nowadays brings back a wonderful feeling of nostalgia, exploration, and adventure and I think your latest series of dioramas captures all of these emotions perfectly. Keep creating, it is inspiring!!

Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I am excited that you have chosen to make such a variety of island airports. Even Floridians like to escape in our "winter(!)" For me personally, I have a soft spot in my heart for tropical travel, probably related to my very first air odyssey which was Chicago-Miami-Kingston back in December, 1977 Even though the airlines and airplanes that we took on that trip basically don't exist anymore (NW 742, BWIA DC-9-50, and both an Air Jamaica DC8-50 and DC-8-61) taking these trips even nowadays brings back a wonderful feeling of nostalgia, exploration, and adventure and I think your latest series of dioramas captures all of these emotions perfectly. Keep creating, it is inspiring!!

Pete
...air odyssey my friend, but with wonderful airplanes and then, i am sure, you had a wonderful holiday day in Kingston!
And Kingston, Jamaica, remembers me the mythical 007 with Sean Connery and Dr. No!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

After landing in Kingston, my entire family went in a VW bus to Port Antonio, Jamaica, which even today is an absolutely other-worldly, exotic destination. The road journey, just 132 km, took my dad some FOUR HOURS to negotiate all of the curves and mountains. Gorgeous and worth the effort
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #5
The Dark Side

The terminal building is finished.
I am starting to work on the apron and the parking stands.
Pics will be posted soon.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-11-2020, 07:07 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Herpa new jetways are a great help for these kind of airports where many widebodies are parked close in a relatively small space.
But the real miracle of this airport is that also Alitalia uses it!!!

photo DSCN0176_zpshxqdpalp.jpg

photo DSCN0177_zpsqv895qkw.jpg

photo DSCN0178_zpsmzc37lwt.jpg

photo DSCN0179_zpsmm7hg1af.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #7
The Dark Side

What a difficult apron for this important airport of the Caribbean.
When the airports have slanted parking stands with jetways are really difficult to realize.

Charter airlines lover

Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #8
The Dark Side

The airport is finished. Tomorrow i will post the pics.

Charter airlines lover

Old Today, 10:37 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Here:

photo DSCN0180_zpsw1rli5um.jpg

photo DSCN0181_zpsltl9lvfd.jpg

photo DSCN0182_zpsqnpuci8b.jpg

photo DSCN0183_zpsfjrvflds.jpg

photo DSCN0184_zpsw0fky723.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: