Las Palmas de Gran Canaria "Gando" Airport (Canary Islands - Spain) 1:500. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-26-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria "Gando" Airport (Canary Islands - Spain) 1:500.

Hello.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria airport, also called "Gando", has always been one of my main goals. It is an important holiday destination but i want to realize it especially for this pics:

A pure holiday airport, hub for Ryanair, Norwegian Air Shuttle, Vueling, CanaryFly, Binter Canarias.
These the airlines serving Las Palmas:

Aer Lingus
Air Europa
Air Europa Express
AlbaStar
Atlantic Airways
Austrian Airlines
Azores Airlines
Binter Canarias
British Airways
Brussels Airlines
CanaryFly
Chair Airlines
Condor
Corendon Airlines Europe
Corendon Dutch Airlines
Danish Air Transport
easyJet
easyJet Switzerland
Edelweiss Air
Enter Air
Eurowings
Evelop Airlines
Finnair
Freebird Airlines Europe
Helvetic Airways
Iberia
Iberia Express
Iberia Regional
Jet2.com
Jet Time
Lauda
Luxair
Lufthansa
Mauritania Airlines
Neos
Norwegian Air Shuttle
Novair
Royal Air Maroc
Ryanair
SAS
SmartLynx Airlines
Smartwings
Smartwings Poland
Smartwings Hungary
Smartwings Slovakia
Sunclass Airlines
Sundair
TAP
Transavia
TUI Airways
TUIfly Deutschland
TUIfy Belgium
TUIfly Netherlands
TUIfly Nordic
Volotea
Vueling

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria "Gando" Airport (Canary Islands - Spain) 1:500.

I still don't know how to display the airport: the first pic is so beautiful and i must obtain the same effect, realizing a section of the terminal building with the jetways parking stand, the main taxiway and the lateral parking stands.
I am finishing Vienna Terminal 3 so i have some time to think about Las Palmas.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
The Dark Side

I am starting to work at the airport: both parking aprons will be realized, sand and runway maybe.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I am starting to work at the airport: both parking aprons will be realized, sand and runway maybe.
...sand and runway too.
I think the project looks nice.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-31-2020, 10:34 PM   #5
Earning My Wings

nugreen is flying under the radar

Wow.. that will be awesome if you build the Gando diorama..
I think if your scale 1:400 will achieve more scenery effect.
nugreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:06 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugreen View Post
Wow.. that will be awesome if you build the Gando diorama..
I think if your scale 1:400 will achieve more scenery effect.
Thanks for the encouragement.
It is 1:500 scale.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #7
The Dark Side

First pic of Gran Canaria
 photo DSCN0110_zps2qvcdsvl.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-05-2020, 04:31 AM   #8
The Dark Side

This airport is extremely "precise": it is rare to see a so detailed airport among the real ones, excluding the mega hubs.
For example, there are three lines delimiting the taxiway:
- white line with black line inside
- yellow line
- 2nd yellow line

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #9
The Dark Side

One of the most difficult airports i have ever realized.
I have finished the lower part:

photo DSCN0134_zpsyrywraur.jpg

photo DSCN0135_zpsixkykekm.jpg

photo DSCN0138_zpszelkwsug.jpg

photo DSCN0139_zpsk7tafu3w.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-05-2020, 09:37 AM   #10
Charter and regional

Danish Air Transport is flying under the radarDanish Air Transport is flying under the radar

How I just love this airport in real life! So many arrivals, both charters and from time to time heavy Iberia planes. I have seen the IB A340-600 many times in LPA. Good choice Charter!
How do you manage to have space enough for all these airport btw??
Old 02-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #11
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Air Transport View Post
How I just love this airport in real life! So many arrivals, both charters and from time to time heavy Iberia planes. I have seen the IB A340-600 many times in LPA. Good choice Charter!
How do you manage to have space enough for all these airport btw??
I love this airport too, for charter/leisure traffic but especially because of the double ramp, jetways and remote. All the charter airlines parking there with their beautiful airplanes (still too many missing in 1:500!), and the Finnair A330-300 old and new livery parked on one of the two widebodies parking stands!
Really beautiful.

I have space to store the layouts, the space is missing for the many terminal buildings; in fact, for those not so elaborate, i tend to realize just a small section of the real terminal building.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-06-2020, 09:26 AM   #12
The Dark Side

The airport is finished. I hope to post the pics tomorrow.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #13
The Dark Side

The airport is ready for the leisure and charter traffic.
 photo DSCN0142_zpskyetjwzq.jpg

photo DSCN0143_zpsyh9vzzoq.jpg

photo DSCN0144_zps0ijrau7o.jpg

photo DSCN0145_zpslzbfxt8p.jpg

photo DSCN0146_zpszzg5wekk.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #14
The Dark Side

Of course i need more charter airlines for airports like this but also some single models like Finnair A330-300.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-09-2020, 06:33 AM   #15
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

The ground markings on the apron and taxiways are truly a masterpiece! I also appreciate that you have used a gritty, sandy material on the exposed earth surfaces which adds the requisite landscaping that defines the location of this project. When most Americans think of the Canaries, they are thinking 'jungle' but your airport accurately represents the generally 'desert' nature of these islands. Excellent job!!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: