Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-20-2020, 02:17 AM   #1
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby
Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM)

Welcome to Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM)!

Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM) is an international & domestic airport based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada which features scale models mostly in 1/400 scale but will also feature aircrafts in 1/500 scale. The airport has one passenger Terminal with all flights operating into Terminal 1. The Gate numbers will reflect the gates at the actual Toronto Pearson International Airport but will be limited only to the scale model aircrafts. The Gates for this smaller version of YYZ will be made by GeminiJets with additional ones made by JC Wings. Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM) is able to accommodate all types of aircrafts including B747 & the A380.

Flight schedules to and from Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport will mirror the actual YYZ airport except a few occasional & regular equipment changes. There are no fictional routes from this Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport and I have tried to make the schedules as realistic as possible, but, I have upgauged a few flights on a few occasions.

Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM) will serve as a hub for Air Canada and WestJet. However, due to limited aircrafts in my Air Canada & WestJet fleets, Air Canada will operate trans-border U.S. and international flights only and WestJet will only operate domestic Canadian flights.

Airport is opening shortly!!! Can't wait to see you there!!!

solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 04:47 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM)

Great Homzie! You preceded me in making a Canada airport and i can't wait to see your realization.
Good luck my friend.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:03 AM   #3
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Great Homzie! You preceded me in making a Canada airport and i can't wait to see your realization.
Good luck my friend.
Thanks for your kind words my friend! Since my first trip to Toronto in 2011, I wanted to make a model airport based in Toronto. Hence, I started collecting my fleet based at Toronto Pearson. It has taken me 9 years to realize that, Ale. Since you want to make a Canadian airport, why not go for Calgary, Vancouver or Montreal? Sorry I beat you to the Toronto one!

Old 01-20-2020, 06:06 AM   #4
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Airlines serving Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM)
Air Canada (hub) & Air Canada Express (hub)
Air France
Air India
American Airlines
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
DELTA Airlines
DELTA Connection
Emirates
Etihad Airways
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Korean Air
Lufthansa
Turkish Airlines
United Airlines
WestJet (hub)

YPM serves the following international & trans-border destinations
Abu Dhabi
Amsterdam
Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Columbus
Dallas
Delhi
Denver
Detroit
Dubai
Frankfurt
Hong Kong
Honolulu
Houston
Istanbul
Las Vegas
London (Heathrow & Gatwick)
Los Angeles
Memphis
Miami
Minneapolis / St. Paul
Mumbai
Munich
Nashville
Newark
New Orleans
New York (JFK)
Paris
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Raleigh
Rome
Salt Lake City
San Francisco
Sao Paulo
Seattle
Seoul Incheon
St. Louis
Sydney
Washington Dulles

YPM also serves the following domestic Canadian destinations
Calgary
Charlottetown
Edmonton
Fredericton
Halifax
Kelowna
Moncton
Montreal
Ottawa
Quebec City
Regina
Saskatoon
St. John’s (NL)
Winnipeg
Vancouver
Victoria

Airlines and Destinations
Air Canada – Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Delhi, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Honolulu, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Mumbai, Munich, Paris Charles de Galle, Rome, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Sydney, Zurich
Air Canada Express – Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas, Memphis, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, St Louis, Washington Dulles
Air France – Paris Charles de Galle
American Airlines – Dallas, Miami
British Airways – London Heathrow, London Gatwick (seasonal)
Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong
Delta Airlines – Atlanta, New York JFK, Salt Lake City
Delta Connection – Detroit, Minneapolis / St. Paul
Emirates – Dubai
Etihad Airways – Abu Dhabi
KLM – Amsterdam
Korean Air – Seoul Incheon
Lufthansa – Frankfurt
Turkish Airlines – Istanbul
United Airlines – Denver, Houston, San Francisco
WestJet – Calgary, Charlottetown, Edmonton, Fredericton, Halifax, Kelowna, Moncton, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City, Regina, Saskatoon, St. John’s (NL), Winnipeg, Vancouver, Victoria

The Terminal is almost complete and I'll share the photos with you all soon! I cannot seem to post photos directly here instead of posting the link to open the photos. Can someone help me with this?

Old 01-20-2020, 08:36 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

How do you think to plan and realize the layout? What scale, first of all?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

A wonderful introduction for your new diorama project Homzie - we're all looking forward to seeing the photos of your new airport once it's complete! You have a great list of airlines and destinations that will be served from this airport, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of interesting airport updates!

- Cal.
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:10 AM   #7
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
How do you think to plan and realize the layout? What scale, first of all?
Ale, the Terminal building is 1/400 scale but models will be a mix of 1/400 and 1/500 scale, with mostly 1/400 scale aircrafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
A wonderful introduction for your new diorama project Homzie - we're all looking forward to seeing the photos of your new airport once it's complete! You have a great list of airlines and destinations that will be served from this airport, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of interesting airport updates!

- Cal.
Thanks for your reply Cal. I'm equally excited to share the traffic with you all...looking forward to your airport updates too, my friend!
Old 01-21-2020, 12:12 AM   #8
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Terminal Building

YPM has one Terminal with the terminal being able to handle domestic Canadian flights as well as United States trans-border and international traffic. The Terminal has thirty-five gates, with 35 aircrafts using the terminal at a time. One gate (i.e. Gate E75) will be used for the Emirates Airbus A380-800 aircraft. Gate E75 is one of two gates which are able to accommodate the A380 (the other is Gate E73). Thirty-four out of the thirty-five gates will be used for other aircrafts. However, when Gate E75 is not being used by the Emirates A380, other aircrafts may use the gate. The Terminal building (which is in 1/400 scale) will be made of cardboard with some help who will cut the cardboard according to the shape and dimensions given.

Flights
Busiest Route
The busiest route at Toronto Pearson International Scale Model Airport (YPM) will be between Toronto and Calgary with 4 daily WestJet flights operating the 4 hour flight between the two hubs of WestJet (i.e. Calgary & Toronto).

Longest Route
The longest route will be operated by Air Canada flight AC46 to Mumbai which takes 16 hours to complete while the return (AC47) takes about 15 ľ hours. Air Canada uses a mix of Boeing 777-200/LR and Boeing 777-300/ER aircraft.

Shortest Route
The shortest route (as per duration of the flight) is Toronto to Detroit, operated by Delta Connection Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft. This flight takes 40 minutes to complete.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #9
Second Officer

klm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciated

You are making me curious.. I am building a 1:400 airport to ( Schiphol pier A+B ) but yours will be much bigger..

What will be the measurements of the entire airport.??
Old 01-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #10
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
You are making me curious.. I am building a 1:400 airport to ( Schiphol pier A+B ) but yours will be much bigger..

What will be the measurements of the entire airport.??
Thanks for your reply, klm777! The airport Terminal is 5 cms high and 44 cms long. Iíll share the first pictures of the Terminal shortly, my friend!
Old 01-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #11
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

My friends, the Terminal is finally complete but please bear with the quality of the work done, Iím not an expert in this. However, Iíve given it an attempt. Here are the pictures...
https://ibb.co/XYX8p14
https://ibb.co/M26wGr0
https://ibb.co/yVYRqqD
https://ibb.co/JtL4SFm
Regular flights will start soon. Any guess which my first flight out would be?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:23 PM   #12
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Good job on your terminal building Homzie! I’m glad to see you’ve gone with a unique design and not just a simple square or rectangular design for the terminal building. I’m looking forward to seeing this complete with a ground foil, jet-bridges and of course some models!

- Cal.
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:00 AM   #13
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby

Looks really good, Homzie! Looking forward to more developments of this airport!
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #14
RJ Second Officer

Slash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributor

Sounds like you have quite the plan! Cant wait to see some traffic!
Slash01z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:49 PM   #15
First Officer

shaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributor

Your terminal looks a lot like the current T1 shape, with the main difference being the size of the distal end being smaller than the real one. Good luck on the project.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote