Nuremberg Airport (Germany, IATA: NUE) 1:500 scale. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Nuremberg Airport (Germany, IATA: NUE) 1:500 scale.

Nuremberg Airport under construction...

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
The realization of the terminal roof is very difficult, with all the metal poles and tie rods; i am trying to realize them with small pieces of wood.
I decided for Nuremberg because of the possibility to use all the many German models, along with Dusseldorf, and because of the European and charter traffic.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Re: Nuremberg Airport (Germany, IATA: NUE) 1:500 scale.

These the airlines serving NUE:

Aegean
Air France
Air Serbia
Austrian Airlines
British Airways
Bulgarian Air Charter
Corendon Airlines
Corendon Airlines Europe
Eurowings
Holiday Europe
KLM
LOT
Lufthansa
Onur Air
Pegasus Airlines
Ryanair
SunExpress
SunExpress Deutschland
Swiss
Tailwind
TUIfly Deutschland
Turkish Airlines
Vueling
Wizz Air

This the terminal building and the structures on the roof. Tomorrow i will post the first pics of the terminal building.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-27-2019, 02:00 PM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Interesting project. Looking forward to see the pictures

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #5
The Dark Side

The terminal building, very difficult to realize because of the structures on the roof.
It must be finished, but i am very satisfied of the result.
I have to decide the parking stands on the wood panel/apron because Nuremberg has oblique glass walkways linked to the jetways.

photo DSCN4197_zpsdxfvsuuw.jpg

photo DSCN4196_zps9ut0zjlb.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-28-2019, 06:48 AM   #6
The Dark Side

I don't understand why, looking the terminal in front of you, the first jetway on the left has not the jetbridge...
Then there are four jetways and the lst on the right clearly has the stairs.
But what about the first on the left? Anybody knows more?

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-28-2019, 07:04 AM   #7
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Looks stunning! Btw those stairs are used to board aircrafts that aren’t connected to a jetway like regional jets (at least in Europe), bus boarding or Ryanair 737’s. Ryanair avoids using jetways in favour of Boeing Airstairs. Look on Google maps, you can see an FR 737 next to that first gate

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #8
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Great start, nice to see you've not been down because of your recovery and continue to invest time in your hobbies.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:32 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Looks stunning! Btw those stairs are used to board aircrafts that arenít connected to a jetway like regional jets (at least in Europe), bus boarding or Ryanair 737ís. Ryanair avoids using jetways in favour of Boeing Airstairs. Look on Google maps, you can see an FR 737 next to that first gate
Thanks Alberic, i know you are a "severe" but "honest" reviewer, so a nice comment by you is somethign of beautiful and important for my job.
Making those stairs is difficult and i am trying to realize them in the best way; using wood is impossible so i am creating them using pieces of glasses and half-jetbridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Great start, nice to see you've not been down because of your recovery and continue to invest time in your hobbies.
Thanks so much Thom: unuseful having fear of the future because it is unknown so it is unuseful having fear of something we don't know if it will happen.
The best way to continue life.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #10
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post

I think the choice of Nuremberg is a good one, because of the opportunity to display so much European traffic. Although the roof structure is challenging indeed, this looks like a nice representation of the original--great job on a difficult task! I noticed mention of a recovery, is everything all right?
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I think the choice of Nuremberg is a good one, because of the opportunity to display so much European traffic. Although the roof structure is challenging indeed, this looks like a nice representation of the original--great job on a difficult task! I noticed mention of a recovery, is everything all right?
Thanks Pete. About the "recovery" i wrote you a PM.
I have something also for you: i am planning to realize Orlando International Terminal B Airside 4 (gates 70-99), the international/intercontinental section of Orlando.
I know you live in Miami, but Orlando is in Florida the same...

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #12
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Thanks Pete. About the "recovery" i wrote you a PM.
I have something also for you: i am planning to realize Orlando International Terminal B Airside 4 (gates 70-99), the international/intercontinental section of Orlando.
I know you live in Miami, but Orlando is in Florida the same...
Thank you for the PM!
I am quite excited to see your new MCO terminal B--your airports always inspire and have continually elevated the stature of this forum
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:23 AM   #13
The Dark Side

The terminal is finished, not bad in my opinion.
What do you think?

photo DSCN4198_zpsamrfhlec.jpg

photo DSCN4199_zpsathskqdp.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-30-2019, 07:57 AM   #14
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

So far so good

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #15
The Dark Side

Thanks Thom.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: