Needed: Technique for Adding Photos - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #1
Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Needed: Technique for Adding Photos

Dear members:
I am finally ready to begin a thread for my series of three model airports/1:500 scale. In doing so, I hope to inject some new life into the forum--I've noticed scant new material and I would like to do my part to keep our forum LIFELINE alive.

Unfortunately, I am unsure of how to place the photographs into the thread.
I have searched Wings900 and have found that over time there have been differing ways to do so.
Could members share their ways of adding photos to their threads with explicit instructions? I had trouble with this a few years go, as all of the photos that I put eventually disappeared. Also, I noticed many of the older threads with "Photobucket" pictures had the Photobucket watermark stamped across the image, which I would prefer to avoid.
Thanks,
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Needed: Technique for Adding Photos

Ciao Pete.
This is make since many years:
1) make the pic
2) load it on the PC
3) work it with Photoshop (1000 x 700)
4) load it in Photobucket
5) copy the URL from the right side of the pic (Photobucket)
6) join Wings900
7) copy the URL in my threads.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #3
Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Alessandro, thank-you for the very quick response. By the way, are there any other options besides the Photobucket route?

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Photobucket is not an option for me anymore. I can still see Photobucket uploaded pics because I use the "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" add on my Google Chrome browser.

I host my pictures on Flickr. However, free accounts are now limited: only 1000 uploads are allowed

Anyway, this is what I do:

1) upload the pic on Flickr
2) after upload, open the pic on Flickr
3) click on the "Share Photo" arrow icon on Flickr
4) Copy the "BBCode" URL, always choosing a size no bigger than 1024px.
5) Paste the URL on the W900 "new post" board
6) Erase all the URL bits and bots, except the [img][/img] part
7) Post it!
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM   #5
Captain

Thanks to both of you guys!!
I think others may also benefit from this information.
Well, time for me to get started!
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Flickr is the way to go Pete, for sure!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #7
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Are they for free ? Understood that photbucket costs you and and they store your photos actually and you give them the ownership of the photos since you are on their DB. is that correct ?
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Slash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributor
Pete, I definitely recommend Flickr... very easy to upload from any device as well as upload the picture to w900. Can’t wait to see some photos!
Slash01z is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: