Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   Model Airports (https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-airports/)
-   -   Needed: Technique for Adding Photos (https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-airports/149370-needed-technique-adding-photos.html)

uncle beat 11-23-2019 06:46 AM

Needed: Technique for Adding Photos

Dear members:
I am finally ready to begin a thread for my series of three model airports/1:500 scale. In doing so, I hope to inject some new life into the forum--I've noticed scant new material and I would like to do my part to keep our forum LIFELINE alive.

Unfortunately, I am unsure of how to place the photographs into the thread.
I have searched Wings900 and have found that over time there have been differing ways to do so.
Could members share their ways of adding photos to their threads with explicit instructions? I had trouble with this a few years go, as all of the photos that I put eventually disappeared. Also, I noticed many of the older threads with "Photobucket" pictures had the Photobucket watermark stamped across the image, which I would prefer to avoid.
Thanks,
Pete:cool:

Charter 11-23-2019 07:04 AM

Re: Needed: Technique for Adding Photos

Ciao Pete.
This is make since many years:
1) make the pic
2) load it on the PC
3) work it with Photoshop (1000 x 700)
4) load it in Photobucket
5) copy the URL from the right side of the pic (Photobucket)
6) join Wings900
7) copy the URL in my threads.

uncle beat 11-23-2019 08:22 AM

Alessandro, thank-you for the very quick response:cool:. By the way, are there any other options besides the Photobucket route?

LeoMuse747 11-23-2019 08:31 AM

Photobucket is not an option for me anymore. I can still see Photobucket uploaded pics because I use the "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" add on my Google Chrome browser.

I host my pictures on Flickr. However, free accounts are now limited: only 1000 uploads are allowed :cry:

Anyway, this is what I do:

1) upload the pic on Flickr
2) after upload, open the pic on Flickr
3) click on the "Share Photo" arrow icon on Flickr
4) Copy the "BBCode" URL, always choosing a size no bigger than 1024px.
5) Paste the URL on the W900 "new post" board
6) Erase all the URL bits and bots, except the [img][/img] part
7) Post it!

uncle beat 11-23-2019 08:42 AM

Thanks to both of you guys!!
I think others may also benefit from this information.
Well, time for me to get started!

DutchCollector 11-23-2019 11:48 AM

Flickr is the way to go Pete, for sure!

Speedbird 001 11-23-2019 06:36 PM

Are they for free ? Understood that photbucket costs you and and they store your photos actually and you give them the ownership of the photos since you are on their DB. is that correct ?

Slash01z 11-23-2019 11:00 PM

Pete, I definitely recommend Flickr... very easy to upload from any device as well as upload the picture to w900. Can’t wait to see some photos!

Charter 11-24-2019 08:07 AM

Pete, about Photobucket i pay an annual fee for both storage and the possibility to share all the pics i want in all the websites i want.
It isn't too expensive but in 2020 nobody gives you something important free of charge.