A new airport project - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #1
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby
Wings900 A new airport project

Hi there

I am currently working on a new airport project. Due to water damage my previous airport project was damaged beyond repair a few years ago.
I have since been working on a new project. The project will be a fantasy airport, a Lufthansa hub.

The project consists of 4 terminals. Terminal 2 will be a very small terminal for low cost airlines. Lufthansa and Star Alliance partner flights will be departing from terminal 5 which will consist of one main terminal and one or two satellites.

Terminals 3 and 4 handles all other airlines. Terminal 3 houses Schengen check-in and arrivals facilities as well as check-in for some non-Schengen flights, while terminal 4 houses only non-Schengen check-in areas. All non-Schengen flights arrives in the arrivals building located between terminals 3 and 4.

Terminals 3 and 4 shares the same boarding gates area. On the ground floor of the left wing (T3) are the Schengen departure gates (with only bus gates), the first floor of the whole concourse are non-Schengen departure gates and the third floor the non-Schengen arrivals corridor.

Of course, there is also a small cargo and maintenance area.

Here are a few pics of terminals 2 and 3:

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Old 10-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Old 10-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Re: A new airport project

Sorry for the bad iPhone pic quality...

Old 10-27-2019, 02:20 AM   #5
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Wow its massive. Looks really good, with a very good mixture of aircraft and airlines. I hope you will add a lot of gse? And i look forward to seeing more pic's
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:51 AM   #6
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Sorry for the bad iPhone pic quality...
Don't worry about the quality of the pictures as this is a wonderful airport with loads of interesting traffic such as Korean, Lufthansa, BA, Etihad and Emirates...there are plenty of wonderful airport threads and I can add this one to the list too!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:04 AM   #7
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Sorry to hear about your other airport Alberic, wasn't it the FRA diorama?

To get motivated again to pick up such a project is what impresses me, your diorama is of to a great new beginning.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:56 AM   #8
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I am suffering with you for the lost airport.
This is a mega-hub and it is beautiful to look at all the airlines and models parked at the gates.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 10-31-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #9
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

It looks pretty generic in my opinion (very flughafendiorama-ish), but it's always nice to see a new diorama, specially a big one as yours!

Hope to see more progress soon, specially with GSE
Old 10-29-2019, 05:01 AM   #10
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Wow its massive. Looks really good, with a very good mixture of aircraft and airlines. I hope you will add a lot of gse? And i look forward to seeing more pic's
Thank you. Of course I'll add loads of GSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Don't worry about the quality of the pictures as this is a wonderful airport with loads of interesting traffic such as Korean, Lufthansa, BA, Etihad and Emirates...there are plenty of wonderful airport threads and I can add this one to the list too!!!
Thank you! I tried to include 3 of your 4 favourite airlines: BA, KL and EK. Unfortunately I don't have a Westjet model yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Sorry to hear about your other airport Alberic, wasn't it the FRA diorama?

To get motivated again to pick up such a project is what impresses me, your diorama is of to a great new beginning.
It was indeed the FRA diorama. I already had the Herpa basic sets which I had used on the FRA diorama (and weren't damaged since they are plastic) and was lucky to have found the ground plates at a bargain price at a model store in Liege.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I am sufefring with you for the lost airport.
This is a mega-hub and it is beautiful to look at all the airlines and models parked at the gates.
Thank you Alessandro. It was indeed very sad but that's also the risk of having a terminal made out of cardboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
It looks pretty generic in my opinion (very flughafendiorama-ish), but it's always nice to see a new diorama, specially a big one as yours!

Hope to see more progress soon, specially with GSE
Thank you. It looks indeed very generic (or Flughafendiorama-ish :) but the future Terminal 5 I'm planning to build will be much more unique!

Old 10-30-2019, 04:20 PM   #11
Puddle Jumper

Slash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributor

While I know many frown upon the basic Herpa terminals I do not mind them at all and I love the large qty of them you have collected! The size of this layout is excellent and I cant wait to see some more activity! Oh and i am jealous of the amount of models you have in your shelves!
Slash01z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:00 AM   #12
Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash01z View Post
While I know many frown upon the basic Herpa terminals I do not mind them at all and I love the large qty of them you have collected! The size of this layout is excellent and I cant wait to see some more activity! Oh and i am jealous of the amount of models you have in your shelves!

I agree! This is an excellent use of the Herpa terminals. I love the sheer size of the project, and the linearity of the design makes it even more impressive.
Keep the pictures coming!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: