Seattle "Tacoma" airport (USA - SEA) 1:500 scale. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Seattle "Tacoma" airport (USA - SEA) 1:500 scale.

After Washington "Dulles" i decided to realize the international section (terminal) of Seattle-Tacoma airport (Sea-Tac).
It serves the Seattle metropolitan area (state of Washington) and handles about 50 million passengers per year.
I want to reproduce the "B gates" section, dedicated to international flights.

The B gates section is 100 m + 150 m = 250 meters long, two different parts of 100 meters and 150 meters; both sections are 30 meters wide arriving at 60 meters wide at the link with the Central Terminal.
The terminal section is not so easy to realzie but...no problems, i will try.
The apron is beautiful like only US airports can be and it is the most exciting part to realize.
These the airlines serving Sea-Tac:

Aer Lingus
Aeromexico
Air Canada
Air Canada Express
Air France
Alaska Airlines
ANA
American Airlines
American Eagle
Asiana Airlines
British Airways
Cathay Pacific
Condor
Delta
Delta Connection
Emirates
Eva Air
Frontier
Hainan Airlines
Hawaiian Airlines
Icelandair
JAL
JetBlue
Korean Air
Lufthansa
Norwegian
Singapore Airlines
Southwest Airlines
Spirit Airlines
Sun Country
Thomas Cook
United Airlines
United Express
Virgin Atlantic
Volaris
Xiamen Air

Alitalia is missing (for now) but i hope there will be B777's and A330's from the Italian (once) flag carrier.
All the hints and suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 12:27 AM   #2
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby
Re: Seattle "Tacoma" airport (USA - SEA) 1:500 scale.

Hi Ale,
All intercontinental flights out of Sea Tac departs from the south satellite, not the B concourse.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Hi Ale,
All intercontinental flights out of Sea Tac departs from the south satellite, not the B concourse.
Are you sure Alberic? I don't remember where but i read that the B gates are used for international flights. But maybe i am wrong. I was excited about the B gates terminal shape...
The South Satellite is quite easy and anonymous but if all international flight sat Sea-Tac depart from there i have to realize it.
Delta uses South Satellite as well?

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Hi Ale,
He's right. South Satellite it is. Departed from there a few months ago.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Ok thanks for the info.
So i realized the terminal, South Satellite:

Next phase is to realize the apron around it while i will complete the building.

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
RJ First Officer

Skyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributor

Looks good. What wood do you use to make the buildings? And do you attach all different parts yourself ?
Skyteam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #7
The Dark Side

Thanks. I use plywood, cut the various pieces according to Google Maps measures, then i attach them using superglue and nails.
Then i have to spread two different coats of tempera colors: white paint and then light grey, according to the building color.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 09-10-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:26 AM   #8
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Nice to see you take this recommendation, Charter!

The others are definitely right, international flights arrive at the south satellite. But some domestic flights as well, I've arrived on a Delta 737 there from LAX recently, so don't feel limited to international widebodies.

Are you going to make the over-the-taxiway bridge (like at Gatwick) connecting the satellite to the main terminal? Excited to see my home airport made small!
Old 09-12-2019, 06:34 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post

The others are definitely right, international flights arrive at the south satellite. But some domestic flights as well, I've arrived on a Delta 737 there from LAX recently, so don't feel limited to international widebodies.

Are you going to make the over-the-taxiway bridge (like at Gatwick) connecting the satellite to the main terminal? Excited to see my home airport made small!
Thanks friend.
For now i am realizing the south terminal and the apron around, then i will think about the connection.

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-13-2019, 12:27 AM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post

And then, Budgie, i decided for Sea-Tac also for your presence: there aren't so many active members in Wings900, at least not so many as ten years ago, so when there is a member sponsorizing his home airport and this airport has all the features i want and need, why not to realize it? It is a kind of tribute to you, to USA and a new layout to add to my big collection.
Anyway i searched for the measures of the walkway bridge and it should have this size:
900 foot long x 86 foot high = 275 meters x 25 meters.
If the dimensions are right, in 1:500 scale it is 55 cm long x 5 cm high.
But i did not understand where it will end: from South Satellite to...?

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #11
The Dark Side

The South Satellite is finished. I am also preparing the various pieces for the walkway-bridge over the taxiway, as you can see on the background.
I am happy for the job, it seems quite realistic.

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-15-2019, 05:48 AM   #12
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

I really like this model of the South Satellite at Seattle. Not only are your buildings great to look at from the usual side elevations, you also pay much attention to other details (often overlooked by most model builders) including all of the working elements on the roof tops. The ductwork, ventilation, and other systems represent the vital organs of a building, and I think that by including them you add tons of visual interest. Simply beautiful to look at, and very inspiring for me! Great job.

Pete

Last edited by uncle beat; 09-15-2019 at 05:52 AM.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:18 AM   #13
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I really like this model of the South Satellite at Seattle. Not only are your buildings great to look at from the usual side elevations, you also pay much attention to other details (often overlooked by most model builders) including all of the working elements on the roof tops. The ductwork, ventilation, and other systems represent the vital organs of a building, and I think that by including them you add tons of visual interest. Simply beautiful to look at, and very inspiring for me! Great job.

Pete
Thanks for your appreciation and your nice words Pete.
I also realized the walkway bridge, now i have to fit well the satellite and the bridge.

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #14
The Dark Side

The walkway bridge is creating a lot of problems: it must 900 feet long, 55 centimeters in 1:500 scale; i thought it was working also 40 cm long but i was wrong. The parking stands on the side of the bridge fit well only if the bridge is exactly 55 cm long.
So i have to redesign it.
Parking stands 55, 56A and 56 are a real problem: all the sections must work together, including parking stands 512, 515 and 516 on the other side of the Satellite respect the future walkway bridge.
I have also discovered a new, beautiful use of the new Herpa jetways!

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 09-16-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #15
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
And then, Budgie, i decided for Sea-Tac also for your presence: there aren't so many active members in Wings900, at least not so many as ten years ago, so when there is a member sponsorizing his home airport and this airport has all the features i want and need, why not to realize it? It is a kind of tribute to you, to USA and a new layout to add to my big collection.
Anyway i searched for the measures of the walkway bridge and it should have this size:
900 foot long x 86 foot high = 275 meters x 25 meters.
If the dimensions are right, in 1:500 scale it is 55 cm long x 5 cm high.
But i did not understand where it will end: from South Satellite to...?
Her home airport

I think you're definitely the right person to do it, for all the reasons above, and I can't wait to see it finished!

As to where it will go? They are building a new international arrivals area attached to the existing terminal. I believe this space will have a new modern passport control and customs area and new international baggage claim space. They should add a new security area too, because the lines these days can stretch for way too long. These images might help:

http://customer.djc.com/stories/imag...0/Aerial_2.jpg

https://www.djc.com/stories/images/20170814/IAF_big.jpg

If you see the taller building with a curved facade, you can tell just about where the renovations start

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: