Washington "Dulles" airport (USA - IAD) 1:500 scale. - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #16
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Washington "Dulles" (USA - IAD) 1:500 scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post

Like Icaro, this time i "flew too close to the Sun"! I thought it was possible to recreate the very faded gray, similar to a yellow, and the red/orange oof some apron sections, but this is impossible. Even fading the various colors using the charcoal, six different shades of grey and the white, the result is too much intense.
This was an experiment to check if it was possible to perfectly recreate a "soo colorful" apron like "Dulles", but i am recovering using the grey colors and Uniposca.
Tomorrow i will post the pics.
I am particularly happy the parking stands work very well.
I love this airport.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 07:56 AM   #17
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

It has arriving, i am really excited!

Charter airlines lover
Old 08-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #18
The Dark Side

Here we are:

Charter airlines lover

Old 08-22-2019, 06:31 AM   #19
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

It appears that the wax wings of Icaro have more than recovered--beautiful job on the Dulles ground markings; they are gorgeous and I love this project!!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:33 AM   #20
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Now it looks really awesome! good job Ale!!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #21
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
It appears that the wax wings of Icaro have more than recovered--beautiful job on the Dulles ground markings; they are gorgeous and I love this project!!
Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Now it looks really awesome! good job Ale!!

Thanks my friends!
Now i am starting to realize the apron on the other side of the terminal building and creating the terminal building.

Charter airlines lover
Old 08-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #22
The Dark Side

Dulles terminal building, easy to realize...most inaccurate words don't exist!
It is really difficult, i hope to make a good job.
Do you know the terminal height?

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 08-27-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #23
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Dulles terminal building, easy to realize...most inaccurate words don't exist!
It is really difficult, i hope to make a good job.
Do you know the terminal height?
Figuring out the terminal height has been the most difficult part of planning out my terminal buildings too! Good luck figuring this out. The best I can normally do is find as many reference photos as possible and compare the building height to the height of the tail of one of my models
Old 08-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #24
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
Figuring out the terminal height has been the most difficult part of planning out my terminal buildings too! Good luck figuring this out. The best I can normally do is find as many reference photos as possible and compare the building height to the height of the tail of one of my models
Thanks so much for the hint.
I started with a 8 cm high terminal building + 1 cm of the upper part and it was really too high, especially compared with the tail section of the models.
looking at Googla Maps 2D image it seems not so high and the tail section of the widebodies seems at the same level of the terminal rooftop, excluding the upper-central part.
So i considered 3,5 cm + 1 cm for a total of 4,5 cm (about 23 meters high), but it seemed still too high. Then i decided for 4 cm in total, with a control tower 12 cm high (in the reality it is about 60 meters tall).
4 cm are 20 meters in 1:500 scale, with an A350 17 meters high (about 3 cm in 1:500 scale).

Charter airlines lover
Old 08-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #25
The Dark Side

I love this airport!

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-01-2019, 06:52 AM   #26
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

I think your terminal proportions are excellent. This is looking really good!
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #27
The Dark Side

Thanks Pete, especially because said by you living in USA!
The airport is almost finished, i have to add some details and then i will start to work on the terminal building.
For those interested, more pics in the next days.

Charter airlines lover
Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #28
The Dark Side

I have just to add some details on the apron and then to paint and draw the terminal building.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 09-03-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #29
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Thé terminal building needs some paint Ale, the finished product will be wonderful
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #30
Charter and regional

Danish Air Transport is flying under the radarDanish Air Transport is flying under the radar

Looks very realistic!
Looking forward to see the terminal project. Now you just need to 3D print the iconic Dulles People movers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: