SCR- Scandinavian Mountains Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor
SCR- Scandinavian Mountains Airport

Scandinavian Mountains Airport is the newest airport in Sweden. It's being built near Salen, a ski destination in the middle of Sweden, close to the Norwegian border. You can read more about the real SCR here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandi...ntains_Airport

This is my interpretation of that airport! Flights are mainly Nordic with some charter flights.

We start with an overview of the airport:
SCR
In the distance you can see the terminal, parking areas and ramp. Closer is the GA ramp (which may be expanded to offer more space).

The first flight to land was a SAS Scandinavian Airlines flight from Stockholm Arlanda.
SCR
This route is served daily during the summer and twice daily during winter. Usually a CRJ900 or ATR72 operates the route but for the opening an A320Neo was sent.

SCR
The dignitaries were welcomed at the front and other passengers left through the rear doors.

SAS fly to Oslo (3x weekly), Stockholm(daily) and Copenhagen (3x weekly) at the moment. Wideroe also offer a twice weekly link to Bergen. Seen here heading for the runway.
SCR

Although a quiet airport, we still have busy periods. Here you can see a BRA RJ100 taxing into its parking space. In the background a BA E190 from LCY (operated twice weekly) and a BRA Saab 2000 to Gothenburg (operated three times weekly) await their passengers.
SCR

Cargo also uses the airport. Bluebird Cargo 737-300F arrives from Reykjavik. It will depart to Malmo in a few hours time.
SCR

Eurowings fly once a week to Dusseldorf using an A320. In winter, this route goes up to three weekly, as lots of German car manufactures test their cars on the ice in Northern Sweden.
SCR

The Saturday LCY flight stays at SCR from 14:00 until 07:00 the next morning (as LCY is closed and it's cheaper to park it here). However BA Cityflyer is considering operating a flight to Manchester or Edinburgh like they do from some other destinations. It was a E170 this weekend.
SCR

So that concludes this introduction to SCR. The next update will hopefully feature the SAS ATR which is used when demand is less and some of the unusual charters we get.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: SCR- Scandinavian Mountains Airport

Really great!
Love the customs, specially that cute Wideroe Dash 8-300. A beauty!
The terminal and the scenery are very well done and realistic. Wonderful work, hope to see more pics soon!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

This looks fantastic. A true scenery masterpiece. I like the small nature of this setup but shows a lot of character.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I read about the airport just a few days ago, but to see your take on it this soon is very impressive. I love the simplicity in the airport design while also paying close attention to details. I love the scenery.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
Puddle Jumper

Supermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciatedSupermodelnation is appreciated

The terminal building looks fantastic. Really good work here and the overall layout is super!
Supermodelnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:08 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful little jewel, well done.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want: Neos B737-800WL, Volotea B717, Blue Panorama B737-800WL, TUI Airways UK B737-800WL, JetTime B737-700WL, ASL Airlines France B737-700WL, easyJet A320neo and A321neo, Jet2.com B737-800WL, Jet2holidays B737-800WL and B757-200WL, Nouvelair A320, Israir A320, TUIfly Nordic B737-800WL, Level A321WL, Evelop A320WL, Blue Air B737-800WL, Enter Air B737-800WL, Air Italy B737 Max 8, Atlantic Airways A320, Nordstar B737-800WL, Nordwind A321, AlbaStar B737-800WL, Aviolet B737-300, Air Horizont B737-400, Air Mediterranean B737-400, Air Explore B737-800WL, Ukraine International B737-800WL, Azur Air B737-800WL, Rossiya Airlines A320, Royal Flight B737-800WL, Sunday Airlines B757-200, SundAir A320, UTAir B737-800WL, Ellinair A319/320, FreeBird A320, Finnair A320WL, Korean Air A330-200, Singapore Airlines A330-300, Air Caraibes A350-900, Air Europa B737-800WL.

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 AM   #7
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

I love this airport. The terminal shape is detailed and an exceptional design, and the scenery surrounding the runway, etc. adds SO MUCH!! It makes it a much more realistic airport. Also, the fact that the runway and building alignment is diagonal, and not parallel to the diorama edge, makes for a much more visually-interesting project. A feast for the eyes.
Beautiful work!!
Pete

Last edited by uncle beat; 08-16-2019 at 06:37 AM.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #8
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor

Thank you for the comments. Some updates!

The largest aircraft visiting is the 757-200. Icelandair operate a once weekly service every Tuesday. We hope when the MAX returns to operation, Icelandair might be able to switch aircraft and increase frequency.
SCR

Nordica are often operating flights on behalf of other carriers. Following some problems with SAS CRJ900, they leased this plane in to operate the Arlanda service today. Nordica may also start operating the ATR72 in here soon!
SCR

Because Salen is mainly a tourist destination, we receive lots of flights at very low frequency. Here, Alsie Express ATR72 is operating a charter back to Sonderborg in Denmark. The airline is also considering launching a weekly scheduled flight in winter for skiers.
Untitled

Another mainline connection is Finnair. Their E190 serves Helsinki three times a week and provides a handy connection for Asian tourists. In winter, the route will go up to five times weekly.
Untitled
Old 08-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #9
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful work. The Alsie ATR is fantastic!!! Great little airport, with so many nice details. A joy to see these pics!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #10
Earning My Wings

SteinarArnason is flying under the radar

Hej!

Very impressive airport and some customs I believe.

Mycket imponerad!

Steinar
SteinarArnason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #11
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The ATR custom is amazing, having seen the beautiful matte black livery in person I can understand why you opted for this lovely model. The Icelandair 757 is also a very rare, and good looking model.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Old 08-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
Second Officer

klm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciated

What a nice little airport..
Old 08-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #13
Young Collector.

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

The airport looks fantastic! Great detail and realism. I really like the idea of a holiday-destination airporr.
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:58 AM   #14
RJ Second Officer

A smallish update. I've been very busy so not had a great deal of time for this but hopefully I will have more time in the future!

We're delighted to announce that a maintenance ramp has been opened. The ramp is located behind what was originally a general aviation space. BRA Technical Services have agreed to operate the facility.

Untitled

This Flybe Q400 was one of the first planes to visit.
Untitled

The Malmo Aviation (BRA) RJ100 has also been moved. It was previously stored near the fire station and is now stored here.

Untitled

New Route: Norwegian inaugurated their first routes from the airport. The carrier will operate to London Gatwick 3x weekly. This is the 3rd service to London. British Airways serve London City Airport twice weekly and SAS fly to Heathrow 3x weekly.

Untitled

Pictured waiting at the gate for her return passengers.
Untitled

A Loganair E145 operated a charter flight to Aberdeen on Monday. The flight was bringing a tour group to the region for a hiking tour. It will return next Monday to collect the guests.

Untitled

It's not often the ramp looks so busy!
Untitled

Lots of buses and taxis waiting for passengers as three flights arrive and depart around the same time.
Untitled

Several airlines are adjusting their schedules to match demand in the coming weeks. The destinations served are as follows:

SAS
Stockholm Arlanda 2daily ATR
Oslo daily ATR
London Heathrow 3weekly A320neo
Copenhagen Suspended

BRA
Gothenburg 2 weekly RJ100
Stockholm Bromma 2 daily RJ100
Malmo 2 weekly RJ100

British Airways
London City 2 weekly E170/E190
Manchester 1 weekly E170/E190
Billund 2 weekly D328

Finnair
Helsinki 3 weekly (5weekly at peak) E190

Norwegian
London Gatwick 3 weekly 738

Wideroe
Bergen 2 weekly DCH8
Stavanger 2 weekly DCH8

Icelandair
Reykjavik 1 weekly 757

Suspended
Eurowings - Dusseldorf

In talks with
Discussions are on going with several airlines. Air Baltic will operate some charter flights and may launch winter seasonal flights. KLM also have strong operations to Scandinavian regional airports and may launch but want to start with twice daily E190 operations so we need to prove demand first.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #15
Admin

The scenery in the airport's diorama and attention to detail continue to impress me most! I really like the project so far. Just a shame the Norwegian 737 has the incorrect nose colour. The re-release is so much better!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: