New York Metropolitan International Airport - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-16-2020, 10:28 PM   #91
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby
Re: New York Metropolitan International Airport

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Cal, I meant new aircraft for the current route!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2020, 12:05 PM   #92
Captain

kev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful pictures like usual Cal! I love the Delta line up, I just need one more aircraft to complete my Delta fleet. The Cargo Terminal Overview looks great, I really like the Fedex 757. Also nice variety of North American airlines, the Frontier A320 is very nice, wish we could have one in 1:500

kev747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:10 PM   #93
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Cal, I meant new aircraft for the current route!
No problem Homzie - glad you're excited to see South African's A350 begin service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev747 View Post
Beautiful pictures like usual Cal! I love the Delta line up, I just need one more aircraft to complete my Delta fleet. The Cargo Terminal Overview looks great, I really like the Fedex 757. Also nice variety of North American airlines, the Frontier A320 is very nice, wish we could have one in 1:500
Thanks Kev, always nice to hear from you! Which aircraft is the final missing piece of your Delta collection? It would be great to see a fleet photo once your fleet is complete! I agree, the FedEx B757-200/F is very nice. It was actually one of my first models when I originally started collecting 1:400's some 7 years ago - time has flown! The Frontier A320NEO is a lovely model - I actually have two of these: N317FR and N318FR (shown here). Are there any Frontier A320's available in 1:500?

- Cal.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #94
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Indeed Cal, the SAA livery looks great on their new A350s, too bad, I haven't picked one up yet (for obvious reasons!)
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:11 AM   #95
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
I wonder how long SAA would use its beautiful A350...
I hope for a complete airline reorganization because a SAA demise would mean a drama for all Africa!
(While Alitalia continues to fly wasting our money...).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:13 AM   #96
Captain

kev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
No problem Homzie - glad you're excited to see South African's A350 begin service!

Thanks Kev, always nice to hear from you! Which aircraft is the final missing piece of your Delta collection? It would be great to see a fleet photo once your fleet is complete! I agree, the FedEx B757-200/F is very nice. It was actually one of my first models when I originally started collecting 1:400's some 7 years ago - time has flown! The Frontier A320NEO is a lovely model - I actually have two of these: N317FR and N318FR (shown here). Are there any Frontier A320's available in 1:500?

- Cal.

The aircraft missing in my Delta collection is the MD-88 which I really hope I will get one day! I will definitely post a picture of my Delat fleet once complete. The Fedex 757 is indeed a lovely model to start a collection with, this aircraft is also missing in my fleet. How many models do you have after 7 years collecting? Unfortunately there aren't any Frontier models available in 1:500 and I am not sure if there will ever be, such a shame!

kev747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:47 PM   #97
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Indeed Cal, the SAA livery looks great on their new A350s, too bad, I haven't picked one up yet (for obvious reasons!)
Of course Homzie - I hope you'll be able to pick one up in due course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I wonder how long SAA would use its beautiful A350...
I hope for a complete airline reorganization because a SAA demise would mean a drama for all Africa!
(While Alitalia continues to fly wasting our money...).
Indeed Ale, the situation at South African is interesting. I'd already ordered this model before the news about South African's situation was published... If they can afford the leases, I hope they hold on to the A350's - the operating costs must be significantly lower than those of the A340-300's and A340-600's they've operated for many years.

Alitalia's current financial position is a real problem... If only someone could turn Alitalia around - it would be disappointing to loose the Alitalia name and livery from the skies in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev747 View Post
The aircraft missing in my Delta collection is the MD-88 which I really hope I will get one day! I will definitely post a picture of my Delat fleet once complete. The Fedex 757 is indeed a lovely model to start a collection with, this aircraft is also missing in my fleet. How many models do you have after 7 years collecting? Unfortunately there aren't any Frontier models available in 1:500 and I am not sure if there will ever be, such a shame!
The Delta MD-88 is a real beauty Kev - I hope you're able to find of these for your collection soon! An Emirates A380-800 was actually the model that started my 1:400 collection - I think the FedEx B757-200/F was my 3rd or 4th model. I'm currently up to 182 models in total! Sad to hear that Frontier are overlooked in 1:500 scale - their various wildlife-inspired tails paired with their large billboard titles make for great looking aircraft in my opinion!

- Cal.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #98
Triple-7 Fan

Time for another update! Here are some photos that I prepared just before the current public health emergency put much of the world on lock-down. I debated whether to post these photos now that most major airports around the world have suspended operations, but I'm sure all of us aviation fans will be happy when the scenes presented below become a reality once again... For now, I hope you enjoy these scenes from the evening rush-hour at New York Metropolitan International Airport!

AIRPORT UPDATE: Saturday 29th February 2020, 19:30.

Cargo Terminal Overview:

On the ramp, this heavy B767-300/ER-WL-F operating for Prime Air has just arrived from Tampa [FL]:

Meanwhile, Icelandair B757-200/S TF-FIV holds position on the active taxiway:

Back on the ramp, a UPS B757-200/F loads fuel and the remaining containers bound for Hartford - Bradley [CT]:

With the Icelandair B757 holding position, this UPS B767 bound for London - Stansted pushes-back:

East Wing Overview:

Leading the Delta Air Lines action is this B737-900/ER-S which just arrived from Salt Lake City [UT] as DL455:

At Gate 02 B757-200/WL N553NW is seen completing another service from Cancún as DL787:

One gate along, passengers board N591NW, a B757-300, bound for Las Vegas - McCarran [NV]:

Closing out the narrowbody action is this A319-100 which prepares to push-back as DL2944 to Portland [OR]:

Meanwhile, this A330-900 loads for what became one of the final services to Rome - Fiumicino / Leonardo da Vinci:

Old vs. New, a company A330-300 receives attention after arriving as DL127 from Madrid - Barajas / Adolfo Suárez:

Old vs. New vs. Newest, this A350-900 prepares to push-back from Gate 07 with service to Amsterdam - Schiphol:

Moving on to the international airlines, this Virgin Atlantic A330-200 loads for Manchester - Ringway:

Meanwhile, at Gate 10 Swiss International Airlines A330-300 HB-JHK "Herisau" rests between flights:

Making use of the extra space at Gate 11, this Lufthansa B747-8/I arrived from Frankfurt ahead of schedule:
Old 03-31-2020, 03:34 PM   #99
Triple-7 Fan

West Wing Overview:

With passengers successfully de-boarded, the turn-around begins for this TAP Portugal A330-200 in Gate 12:

Meanwhile, Air Serbia's A330-200 YU-ARA prepares to push-back for another service to Belgrade - Nikola Tesla:

Arriving right on-time, SpeedBird 113 arrives at Gate 14 with passengers from London - Heathrow:

Closing out the line-up of international airlines is Finnair A330-300 OH-LTS from Helsinki - Vantaa:

Moving on to the American Airlines action, this B777-300/ER prepares for an overnight service to London - Heathrow:

At Gate 17 A321-200N N400AN receives attention after another transcontinental flight from Los Angeles [CA]:

One gate along, passengers wait to board this B737-800/WL bound for Bermuda - L. F. Wade as AA1416:

Out on the apron, N676UA pushes back for another domestic rotation to San Francisco [CA] as UA1275 'Heavy':

At Gate 20 this United B737-800/S prepares for it's final shuttle service of the day to Washington - Dulles [VA]:

For the penultimate image, we see an Alaskan A319-100 from San Diego [CA] with a company A320-200 behind:

And finally, a close-up of the Alaska Airlines A320-200 ahead of it's return to Portland [OR]:

So that's all for anther update! I'll be back with more photos once the current situation improves and airlines around the world begin operating their scheduled services once more - hopefully it won't be too long...

Thanks for checking in!

- Cal.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #100
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Good to see so many airlines still operating! How I wish our world had these scenes again. Tiring to see so many planes stored and so much chaos going on

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 03-31-2020 at 03:56 PM.
LeoMuse747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:03 PM   #101
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Fantastic update! I am impressed with everything. It is truly great to see busy airports such as this one, with airplanes at all the gates and plenty of GSE--the diorama is completely alive and buzzing with activity. The cargo center looks especially crowded at the moment, and the support equipment along with the cargo planes is an excellent component. Finally, I want to say how much I like the jetway details, including airline logos and bank advertisements--just like you see in the real world. Excellent job!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #102
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The update contains a healthy balance of the US3 and its international partners, but it's also nice to see the action over at the freight ramp. I love the colourscheme on the Amazon/Prime 767 series, while I think their 737-800BCF livery is also brilliant. I hope that one makes its way to your diorama rather quickly!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #103
Triple-7 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Good to see so many airlines still operating! How I wish our world had these scenes again. Tiring to see so many planes stored and so much chaos going on
I agree Leo, it's a real shame to see entire fleets sat idle at airports around the world currently - hopefully most of them will fly again once things get back on track. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
Fantastic update! I am impressed with everything. It is truly great to see busy airports such as this one, with airplanes at all the gates and plenty of GSE--the diorama is completely alive and buzzing with activity. The cargo center looks especially crowded at the moment, and the support equipment along with the cargo planes is an excellent component. Finally, I want to say how much I like the jetway details, including airline logos and bank advertisements--just like you see in the real world. Excellent job!
Pete
Thanks for the kind words Pete, I'm glad you enjoyed my update! It seems the cargo ramp was a real highlight this time! As you mentioned, getting the right balance of GSE and other service vehicles really brings a diorama to life and helps to create the atmosphere of a busy international airport. The jet-bridge details are a personal favourite of mine - I've always custom-made these for all of my past and present diorama's and I personally think they look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
The update contains a healthy balance of the US3 and its international partners, but it's also nice to see the action over at the freight ramp. I love the colourscheme on the Amazon/Prime 767 series, while I think their 737-800BCF livery is also brilliant. I hope that one makes its way to your diorama rather quickly!
Thanks Thom, always glad to hear some more appreciation for the cargo ramp - it appears to be an area that's often forgotten about when I look at other diorama's! The Prime Air B767 looks fantastic and I agree, the variation of the Prime Air livery that their B737's carry is also wonderful. Prime Air recently started service to some new destinations from JFK airport, so I'll have to see if I can add one of their B737's to my collection to help boost their operations here...

- Cal.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #104
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

What a sharp pics and beautiful layout! Beautiful photos of the East and West Wings Overview, i also like the Prime Air B767W and all the Delta airplanes (of course).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:49 PM   #105
Triple-7 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
What a sharp pics and beautiful layout! Beautiful photos of the East and West Wings Overview, i also like the Prime Air B767W and all the Delta airplanes (of course).
Many thanks as always for your comments Ale - that Prime Air B767 was definitely a popular model from this update. I thought you'd enjoy the Delta line-up, especially as during the peak hours Delta's seven owned gates at the airport are always very busy!

- Cal.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: