New York Metropolitan International Airport - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2019, 02:55 AM   #61
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby
Re: New York Metropolitan International Airport

Cal, as quiet as i usually am around here these days, i keenly follow your airport threads, this is no different!

Great updates as usual, keep up the great work!
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #62
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev747 View Post
Great update Cal! Nice variety of airlines, the Hawaiian A330 in the new livery looks beautiful. I love the Delta MD-88 which I hope I will be able to find one day to add to my 1:500 collection. Both the NCA and Atlas Air 747-8F's are my favourites.
Thanks Kev! I agree, the Hawaiian A330-200 looks beautiful in their refreshed livery - the metallic tones really bring the livery to life! The Delta MD-88 is iconic - it's fantastic to see these still in service with Delta as we go in to 2020 and I hope you'll be able to pick one up for your 1:500 collection in the future. Again, I have to agree, both of the B747-8/F's that featured in this update are wonderful models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel richardson View Post
Cal, as quiet as i usually am around here these days, i keenly follow your airport threads, this is no different!

Great updates as usual, keep up the great work!
Thanks for posting a comment Daniel, it's always great to hear from you and know that you're still viewing my threads. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this update and hopefully you'll continue to enjoy my future ones too!

- Cal.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:45 AM   #63
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

A truly outstanding mix of airplane traffic, with excellent photography supported by an interesting and informative narrative. I especially like the variety of Delta models included in the selection (which by the way supports my ongoing petition to the 1:500 manufacturers to produce COMPLETE AIRLINE FLEETS). This diorama is fantastic and feels like an early Christmas present!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #64
RJ Second Officer

Slash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributor

Great photos! Your attention to detail in ground markings is amazing. I am very jealous of your range of models that are missed in 500 scale. I also like how you have made your layout modular. Keep up the great work!
Slash01z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #65
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
A truly outstanding mix of airplane traffic, with excellent photography supported by an interesting and informative narrative. I especially like the variety of Delta models included in the selection (which by the way supports my ongoing petition to the 1:500 manufacturers to produce COMPLETE AIRLINE FLEETS). This diorama is fantastic and feels like an early Christmas present!
Pete
Many thanks for the kind words Pete!

It's great to hear positive feedback on every aspect of the update (the models, the photography and the narrative), as a lot of time and thought goes in to each update. I have quite the fleet of Delta models now, so the variety is sure to continue with every update - I hope you're able to persuade someone in the 1:500 world to realise the rest of Delta's fleet for you!

My next update will follow towards the end of January! Positive Rep. Added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash01z View Post
Great photos! Your attention to detail in ground markings is amazing. I am very jealous of your range of models that are missed in 500 scale. I also like how you have made your layout modular. Keep up the great work!
Thanks 'Slash', I'm glad you enjoyed the update!

The ground markings certainly took a lot of patience, but I'm really pleased with the result. Making the airport in modular sections allows me to display smaller sections at a time since I don't always have the space available to display the complete diorama - I'm glad to hear you think it works well! Let's hope some of the missing models for 1:500 scale will be realised in 2020!

- Cal.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:23 AM   #66
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Merry Christmas Cal, may it bring to you and your loved ones happiness, peace, prosperity and wonderful models so that we all can admire them at your wonderful airport.
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #67
Triple-7 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Merry Christmas Cal, may it bring to you and your loved ones happiness, peace, prosperity and wonderful models so that we all can admire them at your wonderful airport.
Thanks Homzie! Merry Christmas to you and your family too!
I'm sure there will be a few Christmas arrivals that will feature in future updates..!

- Cal.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:26 AM   #68
Triple-7 Fan

NEWS

A few short updates are detailed below regarding some operational changes that came in to affect as of 01/01/2020. New photos from the airport will be shared in the coming weeks!
  • After receiving requests from a number of airlines, the Airport Authority recently completed work on the ramp area at Gate 05 and Gate 19 to widen the parking area available to airlines using those gates. The maximum aircraft size now permitted to use both gates is the Airbus A350-900. The Airport Authority recognised the need to widen the space available at these gates as new generation aircraft continue the trend of increasing wingspans.
  • In light of Delta's acquisition of a stake in LATAM Airlines, LATAM have moved their operations closer to Delta's hub operation out of Gates 01-07 and will now carry Delta passengers on the NYC-GRU route from Gate 08. Delta re-deployed their displaced aircraft on a new NYC-GIG service.
  • Delta Air Lines have based a second Airbus A350-900 at the airport, allowing a cascade of equipment changes throughout the international schedule. The NYC-CDG service has received the new aircraft, allowing the following up-gauges: NYC-FCO A330-300 --> A330-900, NYC-FRA A330-200 --> A330-300, NYC-GIG B767-300/ER-WL --> A330-200. The displaced B767-300/ER-WL has been deployed on the existing NYC-LOS service allowing it to become daily. A second B767-300/ER-WL continues to serve NYC-ACC every-other-day but now also serves NYC-DSS on the alternate days when it is not serving ACC.
  • Air China have replaced the Airbus A330-200 on their PEK-NYC service with the Airbus A350-900. The service continues to be operated by a mix of B777-300/ER and A350-900 types on alternate days.
  • EL AL Israel Airlines have replaced the aging B777-200/ER on their TLV-NYC service with a B787-9.
  • LOT Polish Airlines have launched a new service linking Budapest with New York. The new BUD-NYC service is served daily with a B787-8.

That's all for today, thanks for looking!

- Cal.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:41 AM   #69
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Cal, really interesting news regarding the schedules...I'm looking forward to the beautiful Delta Airlines A350-900 at your airport! With DELTA resuming Mumbai flights, will we see a beautiful Boeing 777-200/LR flight to Mumbai, my friend? I welcome the equipment change from B772 to B789 and don't you think LOT should use B787-9 and not B787-8??? Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm so excited to see an update with beautiful photos!
Old 01-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #70
Triple-7 Fan

Quote:
Cal, really interesting news regarding the schedules...I'm looking forward to the beautiful Delta Airlines A350-900 at your airport! With DELTA resuming Mumbai flights, will we see a beautiful Boeing 777-200/LR flight to Mumbai, my friend? I welcome the equipment change from B772 to B789 and don't you think LOT should use B787-9 and not B787-8??? Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm so excited to see an update with beautiful photos!
Thanks for your comments and questions Homzie! Indeed, the daily Delta B777-200/LR service to Mumbai is already included in the schedules - I will try to include this flight in a future update. Regarding LOT, they already have an existing daily B787-9 service to Warsaw, the new Budapest service with the B787-8 complements this service.

- Cal.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #71
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
Thanks for your comments and questions Homzie! Indeed, the daily Delta B777-200/LR service to Mumbai is already included in the schedules - I will try to include this flight in a future update. Regarding LOT, they already have an existing daily B787-9 service to Warsaw, the new Budapest service with the B787-8 complements this service.

- Cal.
Looking forward to your 'future' update my friend! Interesting that the Budapest flight is a compliment to the Warsaw flight using LOT Boeing 787-8 aircraft. I'm excited to launch my DELTA service to New York using a mix of Boeing 757-500/WL and MD-88, CRJ-700 to Detroit and Boeing 737s to Atlanta and Salt Lake City
Old 01-05-2020, 11:17 AM   #72
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Great update of the new timetable.
Why not new Emirates flights?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #73
Triple-7 Fan

Quote:
Looking forward to your 'future' update my friend! Interesting that the Budapest flight is a compliment to the Warsaw flight using LOT Boeing 787-8 aircraft. I'm excited to launch my DELTA service to New York using a mix of Boeing 757-500/WL and MD-88, CRJ-700 to Detroit and Boeing 737s to Atlanta and Salt Lake City
Thanks my friend! LOT serves New York from their main hub in Warsaw, but also from their secondary hub in Budapest - I'm pleased to be able to represent both flights at my airport. Your Delta schedules sound great Homzie - I'm looking forward to seeing the various models in action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Great update of the new timetable.
Why not new Emirates flights?
Thanks Ale! Emirates already operates two daily flights between my airport and Dubai International - one with the A380-800 and one with the B777-300/ER. I'll do my best to show one of these flights in action in one of my future updates!

- Cal.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:18 AM   #74
Puddle Jumper

Smooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciated

I have no words to express my admiration to this amazing job man! WOW!!!
Keep going!
Smooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #75
Triple-7 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooky View Post
I have no words to express my admiration to this amazing job man! WOW!!!
Keep going!
Thanks 'Smooky', glad you've been enjoying the thread so far!

Do check back soon for new updates!

- Cal.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: