Manchester Airport Terminal 2 (1:500 scale). - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Manchester Airport Terminal 2 (1:500 scale).

Ciao to all.
Finally i projected Manchester Airport, Terminal 2. I know the airport is developing and the left side of Terminal 2 is changing, but i decided to create the airport as it was until few months ago.

I decided to build Manchester Terminal 2 because of the famous airplanes line up, one of the most exciting and beautiful of all the airports around the world.
These...

This is just a sketch wrote to understand what i have to realize

This is the size of the Terminal 2 area

These are the structures, departing to the main terminal body, linked to the jetways. They have to be painted.

I have created the tarmac grid and the long terminal building

I will continue creating the parking stands and all the various apron lines and marks.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Manchester Airport Terminal 2 (1:500 scale).

Good luck on your project, an architectually complex project that involves some unusual shapes. I'll be following along.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 AM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

So far, so good! I'll be checking this one too. Great work here!

Old 06-12-2019, 03:13 AM   #4
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon

Looks interesting. Especially these glass structures. Maybe they shouldn't be painted?
Old 06-12-2019, 04:49 AM   #5
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Likewise so far so good. I shall be watching this one. Good luck as well
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for the nice words.
I have to paint in grey the black structures and then i will check the glass walkways.

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-13-2019, 04:56 AM   #7
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

Looking forward to following the progress of this ambitious project. This looks really good so far--keep us updated with the usual great photos and documentation!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #8
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
Looking forward to following the progress of this ambitious project. This looks really good so far--keep us updated with the usual great photos and documentation!
Pete
Thanks Pete.
I have bending problems because the wood panel is too long and too few thick for the lenght. The wood panel is 150 cm x 50 cm x 8 mm thick, painting it with water-colors and then drying at the sunlight it bends; but this time it bended too much so i decided a drastic measure: i have bought three small wood panels, 50 cm x 50 cm x 8 mm each, 1 kg of 1.2 cm long nails and a superglue (the total thickness will be 1.6 cm). I will nail and will stick the three panels in the back of the 150 cm wood panel, flattening it.
Then i will start to draw all the apron lines.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 06-13-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #9
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Its great to see you branching out into building terminals, Charter! Excited to follow this project!
Old 06-15-2019, 05:36 AM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
Its great to see you branching out into building terminals, Charter! Excited to follow this project!
Thanks Budgie.
I am finishing to flatten the wood panel with nails.

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Just a question, if you can answer me: Terminal 2 can handle A380's airplanes?
Thanks for the answer.

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-15-2019, 07:26 AM   #12
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Just a question, if you can answer me: Terminal 2 can handle A380's airplanes?
Thanks for the answer.
No Charter. Only Stand 12 (Terminal 1) and remote stands 61 & 63 I believe.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #13
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
No Charter. Only Stand 12 (Terminal 1) and remote stands 61 & 63 I believe.
Thanks so much for the answer Adam. So i can calculate the space among the three parking lines of each parking areas and the distance among each parking areas.

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #14
The Dark Side

I am working on the rooftop of the long terminal building: pics will be posted soon.

Charter airlines lover
Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM   #15
The Dark Side

This is how i was able to flatten the bending wood panel: three wood panel on the back and a lot of nails.
(In this side of the wood panel i will realize Osaka "Kansai" Airport).

I finished the long, straight, terminal building and the jetways

The next step is to draw the apron lines.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; Yesterday at 07:15 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: