Flugplatz Eifel - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

Bitburg Kagle Keeper is flying under the radar
Flugplatz Eifel

Several months ago I started out on building a new joint use facility located somewhere in the US. What I ended up with was an Air Base in Germany. After some encouragement from our friends over at Evie Airbase the project is moving along nicely.

Flugplatz Eifel is a tactical airbase in the Rhineland-Palatinate The model is in 1/400 scale and is based on the former American Bases Bitburg and Hahn as well as the current Spangdalhem.

The base will house an American Fighter squadron have several spots for cargo aircraft as well as a small terminal for troop movement on chartered aircraft. as well as areas for NATO transit alert aircraft on the NATO side the RAF, Luftwaffe and Royal Canadian air-force have already expressed interest.
The base is currently about 80 percent complete great care was taken to providing the proper GSE.

The Zulu facility has 2 bays and 2 fully armed F-15s on alert

Eifel's main ATC tower fire house and admin building with a visiting RAF harrier on the transit ramp

and finely a view of the Eifel cargo ramp. hope to have some better pictures soon when I get all the GSE painted and the reminder of the base built
Bitburg Kagle Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #2
Young Collector.

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog
Re: Flugplatz Eifel

A great start! Are you planning on markings the apron (also weathering it for more realistic). Hoping to see more trafics!
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #3
Earning My Wings

The runway will be painted with center line stripes and end markings the taxiways will have center lines and hold markings. the cargo ramp will only have a zipper line outlining it I like your idea on weathering the buildings I might give that a try

Old 06-13-2019, 07:16 AM   #4
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Looking very good keep up the good work. It has a very early 1990's military feel to it, when Europe was full of military bases and aircraft.
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #5
Earning My Wings

Mike21 you nailed the years I was going for with this. even have some C-141a and Tower Air 747s and World MD-11s foe the MAC charters
Old 06-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #6
Earning My Wings

Still a lot of construction going on around the base. One of the F-15s just completed an engine change and is being towed into the hush house for afterburner texts wile other fighters are parked out side of there Tab Vees .

Last edited by DutchCollector; 06-18-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Image sizes
Old 06-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Nice to see the fighters in 1:400! Are these 3D printed models?
Old 06-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #8
Earning My Wings

The F-16s AV-8 and F15 being pushed into the hush house were all included in ARII's Modern USAF aircraft set. the F15C in front of the bunkers are 3D printed from the SNAFU shop on Shapeways very good quality
Old 06-24-2019, 05:24 AM   #9
Creative Model Animator

Supermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributor
Just came across this one. Pleasantly surprised to see this base up and running as you had earlier proposed. Appreciate the Evie Air Base reference in the original post. Looking really good and the base layout is just great. Looking forward to more updates and will follow this thread with interest. Keep up the good work!!

Visit our new Website: https://www.supermodelnation.com/
Supermodelnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:47 PM   #10
Earning My Wings

It was a very busy weekend at Eifel Air base. As we continue to complete building the base we are also dealing with continued US troop build ups in the middle east as well as a major heat wave here in Europe.

First an over view of the entire base as you can see a lot more buildings and equipment have been added but still very much a work in process.

#1 \for take off on Runway 7 we have a KC-135 making the short hop back to RAF Mildenhall in England as part of the US tanker task force.

behing the KC-135 on the EOR pad we have 2 F-16s heading back to there base at Spangdalham and a single CF-18 heading down to CFB Lahr.

On the transit ramp a pair of Luftwaffe F-4s from JG71 at Wittmund get refueled.

Over on the cargo ramp a C-130H just arrived from the Minnesota ANG base at KMSP is downloading pallets of water to a halverson 60k loader to be shipped to France, next up is a second C-130 H the will be flying down to Deccimomannu this evening taking support personal for a F-15 deployment. and finally a RAF C-130K that will be heading back to the UK in the morning.

At the MAC terminal an North American 767-300 has just arrived from Baltimore as a Patriot flight these chartered aircraft fly service members and thee family's that will be stationed at Air Force and Army installations though out Europe.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:30 AM   #11
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Your crafted buildings give off a very late 20nd century vibe to the diorama, which I really like.

If I might offer some advice, consider uploading photos to Flickr! It's free and without watermark!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #12
Creative Model Animator

Supermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributorSupermodelnation is a good contributor

I like what I'm seeing here. The overall layout of the base is well designed and your camera angles suit this layout too. That aerial shot gave a nice full view of it all.
Supermodelnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #13
Earning My Wings

First of all a big Thank You to DutchCollector for the heads up on Flicker. moving forward we will be using that service. Still have a lot of work gong on with the base its self I really do not like how the main hanger turned out so that might be rebuilt and hopefully I can get started on the second section of the base. which will complete the cargo area and add more maintenance area

Starting his takeoff roll we have an RAF C-130K heading back to Brize Norton, with an F-15C from 32FS at Soesterberg on the hold short line.

Turning on to Alpha we have a C-9A going to Ramstein.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:28 PM   #14
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

You're welcome, no people can enjoy your photos without a watermark running across them! And that's exactly what I did with this post!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #15
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That C-141 is 3D Printed? Looks very nice!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: