East Midlands Airport - Cargo Area. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-30-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
East Midlands Airport - Cargo Area.

Ciao to all.
Not enough models and airlines to realize a UK passenger airport, if not Manchester (that i will realize); we are missing Jet2.com, Jet2holidays, easyJet, , TUI Airways B737-800W, impossible to realize a UK airport with all these missing airlines.
But i wanted to realize East Midlands airport and decided for the cargo area: the wood panel is almost perfect for it so i realized a completely new apron.
These the airlines serving East Midlands:

ASL Airlines Belgium
ASL Airlines Ireland
DHL Air UK
FedEx Express
Icelandair Cargo
Royal Mail
UPS Airlines
West Atlantic.

Even for these cargo airlines, except for UPS, FedEx and DHL, i have to invent something adding some charter cargo flights, because we are missing ASL Airlines (B747F, B757F, B737F), Royal Mail (B737F), West Atlantic (B737F).
But the cargo area is nice and i can't wait to display some cargo models.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Intresting Alessandro. A great looking board. But this side is only for UPS TNT and fedex and royal mail flight which are also operated by West Atlantic. Its a shame we are missing some cargo models in 1/500 scale. Looking forward to ur updates.
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: East Midlands Airport - Cargo Area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Intresting Alessandro. A great looking board. But this side is only for UPS TNT and fedex and royal mail flight which are also operated by West Atlantic. Its a shame we are missing some cargo models in 1/500 scale. Looking forward to ur updates.
Thanks for your appreciation Mike.
Unfortunately we haven't B737-300/400F and many airlines use the B737 classic as cargo workhorse. But this is the same problem of the B737 classic pax version: if Herpa doesn't want to produce them it is even less probable to have the B737-300F and B737-400F in 1:500 scale.
Do you know which airplanes UPS, TNT and FedEx show at EMA?

Charter airlines lover

Old 06-01-2019, 02:30 AM   #4
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Yes your right Aleesandro. However West atlantic are getting the the 737-800 now. With regards to your other questions. Its hard without customs. Star air another one missing, use the 767. UPS 757 767 i have seen when i have been up there. Fed ex and tnt mainly the 737. Fed ex also the 757.
Freight aircraft lover.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Quote:
Yes your right Aleesandro. However West atlantic are getting the the 737-800 now. With regards to your other questions. Its hard without customs. Star air another one missing, use the 767. UPS 757 767 i have seen when i have been up there. Fed ex and tnt mainly the 737. Fed ex also the 757.
So no B747F, MD-11F/DC-10F, B777F?
And what about TNT Tu-204?

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
ATP Captain

Sadly not anymore Alessandro. 744's only on F1 charters
Freight aircraft lover.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Quote:
Sadly not anymore Alessandro. 744's only on F1 charters
I have to invent some traffic with the models available in 1:500 scale.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: