Nantes Atlantique Airport - 1/500 scale - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #31
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Nantes Atlantique Airport - 1/500 scale

Great airport Pierre, one of the few French airports in Wings900.
I like the different tarmac texture and the traffic.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #32
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Your airport is simply awesome and inspiring!!!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #33
Second Officer

buettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dog

Pierre, your airport is so detailed and realistic, it is a great pleasure to see it with life. I think I told you before, but let me repeat it: I love your terminal building! That's excellent work! And the apron with all the dirt - fantastic idea to do it this way!
WOW !!! WOW !!! WOW !!! :-)

My registered fleet (still many items missing):
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/mycollection/collection-24536.html
buettni is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2019, 06:29 AM   #34
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Thank you all for the kind comments. I am currently printing some stairs I can add to the diorama ! as most are white at Nantes Airport (or orange), they will be easy to paint and add to the diorama
Then I plan to make some GPUs and other vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
I somehow missed this thread

Your airport looks so detailled and realistic! Congrats!!!
I remember landing in NTE in 2017. At that time the BRU-NTE route was flown by a leased FlyBe Q400.

Do you know if they still use a tent for ID checks of arriving passengers? I was there when France was in high vigipirate alert which resulted in ID checks at its borders, even for schenghen passengers.
Yes, if you come from Brussels, you will still have an ID Check at Nantes Airport. This is still the same situation except that only approx 70% of the Schengen flights are controlled.
In 2017, they were operated by Flybe with Dash 8, then by Cityjet with their SSJ100 and now by Air Nostrum/Hibernian Airlines with full white CRJ1000 ??? . But the airlines announced they will close this flight at the end of November.

---

About the little game, here are the answers :

A340: Real
Gulf Air: Fake but we had 2 or 3 A320 Qatar Airways instead of Gulf Air, for operating flights for Royal Air Maroc :p
Aeroflot: Fake, sadly
Air Baltic : Real, the flight was performed during May 2019 and came back one week later, also empty. It was the first time an A220 landed in Nantes and since, I haven't seen any.
Luxair: As said by DutchCollector, the flight doesn't exist yet, but will open next summer.

So we have Thom 2 points and Leo 3 points. Leo wins
Old 10-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #35
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
I guess I'll have to ban him now..
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:42 AM   #36
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Back in 2012-2013, this picture shows how the airport could look like at the moment. At that time, Air France could be spotted with its old livery, Régional was still operating some Fokker 100 as Hop ! wasn't already created and Volotea was beginning its operations with their B717.

At this time, Lima stands were not like they are on the diorama, they were inclined like what you can see on Google maps, using desktop application (the mobile app shows the "new" Lima stands as they are like on my replica). This will be the fantasy part of the story

An overview of the operations of the airport.

First aircraft represented is a Volotea Boeing 717 at stand Lima 1. At their beginning, Volotea was deserving only few destinations like Venice or the spanish islands, far from what we have now. Now, this stand is not anymore in use, since few days only. The airport will build a building for bagage checks there.

On stand Lima 2, we have the Fokker 100 operated by Régional on behalf of Air France. This could be a flight going to Montpellier Airport, but perhaps it's Toulouse ?

Then, we have a view of the stands 1 to 7 :

Easyjet A320 old livery is on stand 1. This flight was probably deserving Lyon : this is not always the case but most of domestic flights are operated from stands 1 to 4, and Schengen/Internationals flights from stands 4 to 7.

On stand 2, we have this A321 from Air Mediterranée. They were usually flying to holdays destinations like Greece, Spain, Morocco, but also Dakar. This one is probably is positionning flight to Lyon too :

Then we have the little A318 Air France old livery on stand 3. This was is flying to Paris CDG. I'm perhaps the only one who is happy of the re-release of the A318 Air France in new colors announced by Herpa for January.

On stand 4, we have this Boeing 737-300 Europe Airpost doming from Heraklion and flying back to Paris CDG after offloading half of its passengers. (This is my last custom, first time I entirely paint a Herpa model and I have mixed feeling about the result. Blue shape could be a bit higher but I know I cannot do better).

And finally, on stand 5 and 6, we have a Tunisair Boeing 737-600 removing the jetway for a flight to Djerba, while the Ryanair 737-800 is ready and awaits its pushback truck before a departure to Dublin.

Next time, I hope I will be able to show you a long-haul aircraft. We have Air Transat coming with their A330 and A321Neo (deserving Montreal in Canada), but we also had A330 XL Airways (Paris - Nantes - Guadeloupe or Martinique) until their bankruptcy and Air Austral with their Boeing 777 until 2014 (La Réunion). For the moment, I have none of them I also hope to be able to make decals for Volotea as their have 5 A319 based here. My airport is missing them !
Old 11-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #37
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Very nice! A lovely diorama, specially with the 3D Printed terminal. Your Europe Airpost 737 look nice! Hope to see the widebodies here soon
Old 11-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #38
RJ Second Officer

Slash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributorSlash01z is an excellent contributor

Great work! Your custom work on both the terminal as well as the incorporation of picture and added markings on the foil creates a very realistic and sharp layout!
Slash01z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #39
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

That Volotea 717 is just so gorgeous Pierre, one of my favourites customs you've ever done! The terminal is really lovely too, and I'm also happy to see another Air France A318 being released!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Old 11-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #40
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I guess I'll have to ban him now..
Old 11-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #41
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I looked at more of the updated photos. There is great action going on at this airport--so much to look at, appreciate, and enjoy. Truly a visual feast--well-done!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #42
Student pilot

This time : lights ! Here is a preview of the lightning I'm adding to the airport. I got these on a chinese website few months ago. I did stands 1 to 7 and stands 8 to 14. I need to make them for stands 15 to 20, but lights will be a fantasy place as they are out of my display (or just at the limit) and for stands Lima 1 to Lima 5.

(sorry, pictures were from Instagram, so that explain the orientation)

And then... I will light also the "city part" (parkings and roads).
Old 02-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #43
Selfie with bros

So far so good, a lovely result!
Old 02-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #44
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful result, well done.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #45
Admin

Your diorama has been enhanced to the next level by the addition of real working lampposts. Amazing job Pierre!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: