Nantes Atlantique Airport - 1/500 scale - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #16
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Nantes Atlantique Airport - 1/500 scale

Absolutely fantastic! That's some jaw-dropping work there! Congratulations Pierre, your project is really amazing. Hope to see everything going smoothly soon. Always great to see a nice diorama fully operational
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #17
RJ Second Officer

United 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributor

It's very nice to see your 3d-printed diorama!
United 752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:20 AM   #18
Aviation fan

EchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobbyEchoCharly is a legend of the hobby

The ground stun me! Your job simplyly fascinating with that terminal
I thought it was a google picture, but is your model airport. great job.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #19
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Really impressive, Nantes airport is very difficult to realize and your work is fantastic.
Well done Pierre.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 03-16-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:20 PM   #20
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Thank you all for the kind comments. I will try to be as realistic as I can on this diorama, but this will be not easy as most of the main trafic doesn't exist in 1/500 (Volotea has 5 A319, Easyjet 3, ...).

I would like to make them as customs as well as few other with 3D print (Bae ATP, Cessna citation, Piaggio 180) for the models that comes quite often but I failed on my last 4 customs so I'm not ready to retry for the moment (I broke some part, failed painting ... Not good !)

Then I will try also to buy some old trafic which were coming in Nantes in the past years (Corsair 747, Beluga current color, ...). I am excited to see if I can do this !

But for the moment, I stay focused on the trafic area with allthe details that needs to be created ! Next update soon !
Old 03-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #21
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
Thank you all for the kind comments. I will try to be as realistic as I can on this diorama, but this will be not easy as most of the main trafic doesn't exist in 1/500 (Volotea has 5 A319, Easyjet 3, ...).

I would like to make them as customs as well as few other with 3D print (Bae ATP, Cessna citation, Piaggio 180) for the models that comes quite often but I failed on my last 4 customs so I'm not ready to retry for the moment (I broke some part, failed painting ... Not good !)

Then I will try also to buy some old trafic which were coming in Nantes in the past years (Corsair 747, Beluga current color, ...). I am excited to see if I can do this !

But for the moment, I stay focused on the trafic area with allthe details that needs to be created ! Next update soon !
Unfortunately you are missing Air Corsica, easyJet, easyJet switzerland, Nouvelair, Volotea, Transavia France; about Transavia France you could buy a Transavia B737-800WL, change the registrations making it one of the 35 B737W's of the French brand.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #22
Earning My Wings

FlorianWolf is flying under the radar

Hey there,
Great airport looks just awesome !!!
I have a few question because you really inspired me with the use of a 3D Printer:
1. Do you own a 3D printer or where did you print the Terminal ?
2. With your Airport Foil how did you get all the planes and vehicles standing on the apron away from Google maps so that they aren't on the foil ?
3. And how did you do the jetways they look very gooood

Sorry for all these questions but I have totally no experience with doing such realistic model airports, until now I've only build my airport on Wood.

Greetings,
Florian
FlorianWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:39 AM   #23
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Hello !

Thank you for the comment ! About your questions :
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorianWolf View Post
1. Do you own a 3D printer or where did you print the Terminal ?
At first, I asked someone else to print the building I designed and I don't know what kind of 3D printer it was. Since Christmas, I have now my own 3D printed which is a "Ender 3", and for my first 3D printer ever, it does the job. I print at the finest possible (0.1mm if I remember correctly).
I had no skill in 3D printing before this project, and I use the software TinkerCad which is quite easy to use. It's almost like Legos, but virtual.

Quote:
2. With your Airport Foil how did you get all the planes and vehicles standing on the apron away from Google maps so that they aren't on the foil ?
Here, I did a big patchwork with the pictures I had on Google Maps (and I was lucky that Nantes is in HD). I used then Photoshop to remove all that needed to be removed : aircraft, gse, markings.
With the "healing brush tool" (not sure of the name), I removed all the lines and GSE. It is not perfect but it is good enough in 90% of the time. For larger areas like aircraft, I did a mix of this tool and copying other parts of the ground.
Quote:
3. And how did you do the jetways they look very gooood
Jetways are made with 3D as well. They are quite like Herpa but I wanted to have my own. They can be adjusted in height and length.

It looks like this :

@Charter : True, many missing airlines, also Tassili Airlines, Hop with CRJ1000, Enter Air... About Transavia France, I agree, I have to do this. For now I have one one Transavia and it's registration is Dutch.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:50 AM   #24
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

It's an amazing project, you're doing an excellent work, can't wait to see the final result: two thumbs up!!!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #25
Airports/Aviation

Marius is flying under the radarMarius is flying under the radar

Amazing work. I love the ground folie. I also tried to 3D print jet ways but my 3D printer striked.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #26
Student pilot

Here I am back with fresh news from Nantes Airport. First, here are few pictures of the usual traffic we see at Nantes Airport :

A320 Air France pushed from stand 3 and ready to taxi. This flight is probable going to Paris CDG :

Ryanair coming from Edinburgh is on stand 4 while Easyjet on stand 5 is going to Tel Aviv. In the background, you will perhaps guess a Vueling A320 just arrived from Barcelona and a MD82 Bulgarian Air Charter going to... Catania ! Yep, Bulgarian Air Charter flies to Nantes every summer and deserves or Catania, or Comiso.

Transavia is here represented on stand 1 and is probably the flight going to Porto. Transavia, like Volotea and Easyjet, has chosen Nantes as one of their Regional hub after Paris.
There is also a KLM Cityhopper E190 on stand Lima 1 going to Amsterdam, and the A321 Air France to Figari (Corsica, a destination which is full during summer time)

The A321 few minutes later after the push :

Few hours later, this is now an A320 Easyjet standing on stand 1. This one will perhaps go to Porto copying Transavia, but is more likely going to Copenhagen. This route was opened in April.

On stand Lima 2, we have a small E170 from Air France Hop (the new name of Hop ! By Air France). This one arrived from Lille and will depart soon... to Lille.

Back on the other side of the airport, we have a Smartwings Boeing 737-800WL pushed from stand 5. The pilot has asked to the ATC the clearance to Funchal Airport.

Now let's play a game. All the following pictures you will see are representing trafic that may have come for real at the real airport. But maybe not.
Will you be able to guess which are inspired by the reality and which are fake ?

First we have the big A340 from République Française (French Air Force). This aircraft has been accepted by the airport authority and was a special training flight from Paris CDG.

Real or Fake ?

The next one is an A320 from Gulf Air. Gulf Air doesn't deserve Nantes Airport but the aircraft was leased for Royal Air Maroc in order to maintain the flight to Casablanca, since a big strike was voted by RAM staff.

Real or Fake ?

Not really sure of the goal of this incoming flight. This Tu 134 Aeroflot Nord came from Moscow SVO in the late 2008 (despite the other airlines you can see in the background) and was parked on stand 20, which is the stand for diverted flights or unusual aircraft.

Real or Fake ?

Talking about the stand 20, it was also used this time for an Air Baltic A220-300. This one came from Riga, was empty and departed... empty. Rumours says it was only to taste if a flight between Nantes and Riga could be possible in a near future.

Real or Fake ?

And finally, this picture shows a Dash 8 Q400 operated by Luxair. Luxair flies to Nantes from Luxembourg twice a week.

Real or Fake ?

I hope you will enjoy my picture, I hope I will have more GSE on display next time
Old 10-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #27
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Great to see your diorama springing back to life Pierre. The fact that it has been 3D printed makes the diorama very inspiring as it showcases the possibilities of using these techniques in modelling. As for your game;

The A340: Real
Gulf Air: Real
Aeroflot: Real
Baltic CS300: Fake
Luxair: They'll start in 2020 IIRC, so fake for now

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #28
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Wonderful work, Pierre! Really nice to see your 3D printed terminal finally being used with the model planes! You you only need more GSE to make everything look more real

The A340... Real, I guess!
Gulf Air A320... Fake
Aeroflot Nord Tu-134... Real
Air Baltic A220... Real
Luxair Dash 8... Real

these are my guesses!
Old 10-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #29
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

The realization of this airport is an architectural and engineering marvel. The craftsmanship is superb. I love seeing the airplanes coming and going now, which brings the project to life. Amazing job, and thanks for sharing it here!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:15 AM   #30
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

I somehow missed this thread

Your airport looks so detailled and realistic! Congrats!!!
I remember landing in NTE in 2017. At that time the BRU-NTE route was flown by a leased FlyBe Q400.

Do you know if they still use a tent for ID checks of arriving passengers? I was there when France was in high vigipirate alert which resulted in ID checks at its borders, even for schenghen passengers.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: