New Unnamed Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

WorldWings is getting startedWorldWings is getting startedWorldWings is getting startedWorldWings is getting started
New Unnamed Airport

Hi everyone - I wanted to share a project I've been working on for a bit. Its still unnamed, but based in India, hence the number of Air India and Indian carriers. I'm just finalizing phase 1, which includes the terminal you see. Still to come is an extension to the existing terminal, and a second terminal - the passenger loading building is done and can be seen - but the connection to planes and bridges is not. In addition, more ground markings, GSE, taxiway, runway, and lots more.

I welcome your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
New Unnamed Airport-img_2425.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2431.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2429.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2430.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2467.jpg  

New Unnamed Airport-img_2468.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2469.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2470.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2440.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2441.jpg  

New Unnamed Airport-img_2442.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2443.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2446.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2457.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2453.jpg  

New Unnamed Airport-img_2464.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2465.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2466.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_2447.jpg  
WorldWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: New Unnamed Airport

I like the concept of the terminal and the whole front section. Looks very promising.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

So far so good
Can't wait to see things finished.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #4
Puddle Jumper

Collector787 is flying under the radar

Finally an indian airport!!! (my airport is under construction)
Very good work with many beautiful Air India planes, my favourite airline!!
Sadly we dont have many short haul planes like the a320 or the 737.
There are so many indian carriers like SpiceJet or IndiGo (VERY important airline, especially with their big A320neo order) which we dont have in 1:400 or 1:500 scale.
Thanks for sharing the pics

Regards
Collector787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #5
Young Collector.

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

That looks great! The diverse, dense traffic is very nice! Hoping to see more pics soon!
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
people's been to space

JanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dogJanAir is a top dog

Great airport! I especially love the airside, not many model airports include it and the two-level system is well done! What scale is it?

Check out the Aeropuerto de Rayo!

Add your airports to the Airports of Wings900 Wiki!
JanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #7
Earning My Wings

WorldWings is getting startedWorldWings is getting startedWorldWings is getting startedWorldWings is getting started

Thanks everyone - i'll post more pictures as we go along. Collector787 - you are right, its hard to find short-haul Indian carriers. This airport is 1/400 scale - I havent found any Spicejet or Indigo's in that scale. I do have one Goair 737 on the airport, an Air India A321, a few A320s, and then an A310. But then there is the challenge of Air India planes with the new livery versus old one.

The biggest challenge with this airport was building the jet bridges, which actually move - rotate, extend, etc!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

A great concept. A great effort with the airbridges.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Ciao, welcome to Wings900 family and thanks for sharing your beautiful project. I really like the terminal building and the control tower, the same for the apron and the parking stands. Well done.
Why not "Keetan International Airport", where Keetan is one of the most characteristic and particular India names...i think Homzie could help you.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #10
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Welcome to Wings and thanks for sharing some photos of your project!

I really like the design of your central Terminal with aircraft positions on both sides. It's also nice to see someone modelling both the landside and airside as often many collectors don't have enough space to model both.

I'll look forward to seeing the finished result

- Cal.
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:57 PM   #11
Earning My Wings

Hi, its been a while since I last updated this site. But I've built out the second terminal, added a bit to the airside, and added more to the taxiway(s) along with a runway and approach lights. The landside still has more to go, but theres some more parking garages too. Theres still more to do on the runway, airside ground, another terminal will be added, along with building out the hanger and cargo area (although in some photos you might see one hangar has been added in the stiance) Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
New Unnamed Airport-img_4268.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4272.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4277.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4287.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4291.jpg  

New Unnamed Airport-img_4293.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4298.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4299.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4301.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4304.jpg  

New Unnamed Airport-img_4306.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4312.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4313.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4314.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4315.jpg  

New Unnamed Airport-img_4316.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4321.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4323.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4324.jpg   New Unnamed Airport-img_4325.jpg  

Old 08-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

A great looking diorama, congrats!
Although I dislike the mixing of eras... Tower Air 747 next to a Singapore A380, for example.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #13
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I too love the architecture of the airport, it's been executed quite well I'd say!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:59 AM   #14
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

welcome to the forum...wonderful airport, love the amount of Air India aircrafts there...are you sure this isn't BOM or DEL??? can't wait for more!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #15
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Great job on the terminals! Did you make the Jetways? Keep at it

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: