Boston Logan Airport (1:500) (WIP) - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #16
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Boston Logan Airport (1:500) (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
Thanks! For a little while at least, I think the AMS-BOS-AMS flights will be operated by my KLM A330, at least until I can get my hands on a Delta A330. I have even more reason to get one, since Delta has changed some of its London-bound flights from 767s to A330s!

JB's A321s, equipped with comfy Mint business class up front, will be seen flying routes from BOS to LAX, SFO and some Caribbean destinations.
Lovely. I'm assuming you're using PH-AKA for that? Or perhaps -200 PH-AOA? The Delta A330-300 is sooo rare, but it's a model that suits a lot of dioramas (and mine even like 13 freaking times a day). The JetBlue livery is so lovely and suits them real well. Looking forward to more.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #17
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Lovely. I'm assuming you're using PH-AKA for that? Or perhaps -200 PH-AOA? The Delta A330-300 is sooo rare, but it's a model that suits a lot of dioramas (and mine even like 13 freaking times a day). The JetBlue livery is so lovely and suits them real well. Looking forward to more.
-AKF, with the 95 years sticker is the one I could find. I'm happy with my model, but I wish I could have found a regular livery version when I was buying.

I originally bought it to be seen at Oxholm. I have seen spotter's photos of an A330 at LHR, and read somewhere that it served irregularly as an extension to a flight from somewhere in Africa, in the past. Got any more info on that?

I can understand your comments Leo, re the JetBlue. (Un?)fortunately, I think I'm a lot less picky about the smaller inaccuracies. Looks enough like an A321 to meee!
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #18
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

I can understand your comments Leo, re the JetBlue. (Un?)fortunately, I think I'm a lot less picky about the smaller inaccuracies. Looks enough like an A321 to meee!
lol fortunately for you then
Sometimes it sucks to be picky... for example: I boycott all Herpa NGII and Sky500 747 releases because I hate the mould. Unfortunately there were some nice releases which I would love to get, but I simply don't want a model which I find ugly!

Old 10-10-2017, 01:22 AM   #19
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
-AKF, with the 95 years sticker is the one I could find. I'm happy with my model, but I wish I could have found a regular livery version when I was buying.

I originally bought it to be seen at Oxholm. I have seen spotter's photos of an A330 at LHR, and read somewhere that it served irregularly as an extension to a flight from somewhere in Africa, in the past. Got any more info on that?
Herpa is releasing the more common -200, so perhaps that will find your way to your collection!

Here's a link on Anet on the subject: Which KLM Flight Has The A330 On LHR - AMS? - Airliners.net

I know the A330-200 has been deployed to LHR on training flights when the airframes were new, for crew familiarization. I don't know for what time period though. Perhaps Allan (Anglojet) will be able to help you with information on that. MD-11s and the Boeing widebodies have also been to LHR when cancellations arise.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
Old 10-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #20
RJ First Officer

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

Great batch of photos! Colorful and lively traffic: AWESOME. Great diversity of angles, too!
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #21
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Wonderful project my friend. I am particularly interested in the apron/tarmac and i must say that your skills are really good. You realized a beautiful airport and the taxiing/parking lines are amazing.
Well done.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #22
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Wonderful project my friend. I am particularly interested in the apron/tarmac and i must say that your skills are really good. You realized a beautiful airport and the taxiing/parking lines are amazing.
Well done.
Thank you! Many of the tips I've learned from your own airport threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Pettersion View Post
Great batch of photos! Colorful and lively traffic: AWESOME. Great diversity of angles, too!
Hopefully the traffic will be a bit more realistic in coming days. As of now the planes used have been mostly to make sure of fits for pushback and taxiing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Herpa is releasing the more common -200, so perhaps that will find your way to your collection!

Here's a link on Anet on the subject: Which KLM Flight Has The A330 On LHR - AMS? - Airliners.net
I think I may actually go for that! I tend to avoid European widebodies since there isn't much reason to include them in the dioramas I've made so far. But with my BOS layout, I have much more reason to do so.

Thats the thread I read, yea! Unfortunately they don't say anything about which African route specifically

----o----o----o----

Current work, when I'm home between classes, is ground markings!

Terminal B's exclusion markings are all done. Most are big enough to fit A321s, but there are two more complex gates, which you'll see soon.

Here's the first one. Usually in use as two regular gates, the wider one in between will support up to a 777-300 for the daily Emirates flight to Dubai. The gate is also used occasionally by Aer Lingus A330s arriving from Dublin.

Without an Emirates 773 in my collection, I used my AA 773 to make sure it fits!

The other smaller hybrid gate will serve up to an A330 in widebody configuration, and does not block other gates.

An A330 takes the stand, again as a test fit.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #23
Admin

Complex design, but maximum efficiency of space. At my airport, you just place a 737 in a Max Span 777 gate because I can, there are gates like Oprah devided gate space at the airport. But in all seriousness, it's good to see that these creative and innovative stands give you the needed flexibility.

Now, re the KLM A330-200, European Widebodies seems to be Herpa's speciality.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #24
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Speaking of schedules, maybe I can send 2 of my BA B744s to BOS, my friend
G-BYGD will operate BA 213 (at 11:10)
G-BYGF will operate BA 203 (at 16:40)
while I wait for two more in 1:500 scale (G-BYGE and G-BYGG which will operate BA 215 (at 18:00) and BA 239 (at 19:15) respectively)
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #25
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Thanks so much for your nice words Budgie.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:24 PM   #26
Earning My Wings

sourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributorsourdud is an excellent contributor

Awesome model! You should think about uploading those gate models to a website like shapeways.com (they take any .stl. They are a little expensive but you can sell your models to help off set the price. I'd buy some for sure!
sourdud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
500, boston, logan

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: