Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
Puddle Jumper

sebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributor
Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C

Dear Aviation-Friends,

after having lived 10 minutes away from Frankfurt Airport for almost 2 years I moved to northern Germany and somehow missed the airport where I spent many days for plane spotting! Now I am building my own Frankfurt Airport in 1/500 scale on 2m x 1m, trying to combine T1, T2, Runway 25C and a little cargo ramp. Let me tell you, it's not as easy as I thought !

I started with some paper and google earth on the floor in the living room and ended up with "Microsoft Expression Design 4" to design my own customized EDDF groundfoil. As I am new into building model airports I would like to ask you to take a look at the status quo and put some ideas into the project!

What do you think of the layout?

Best Regards & thanks
Sebastian
Attached Thumbnails
Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-img_8687.jpg   Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-img_8685.jpg   Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-img_8692.jpg   Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-img_8734.jpg   Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-img_8736.jpg  

Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-img_8735.jpg   Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-t1-linienoriginal.jpg   Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-eddf500april-6.jpg  
sebithoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #2
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C

Absolutely wonderful project...looking forward to Lufthansa heavies. Which will be the first flight out of your new airport? Hope it is LH 756 to Mumbai operated by Lufthansa B747-400! It is a very good start...
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
Second Officer

Europort27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributor

I cant wait to see it finished! Frankfurt is a beautiful airport! Also cant wait to see all the Lufthansa aircraft. Good luck with the project!
Europort27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2016, 05:53 AM   #4
Puddle Jumper

sebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributorsebithoma is an excellent contributor

Hello there,

actually there wont be too many LH-aircraft since I have no space for the A-Gates and the second pier of Terminal 1. I decided to design Terminal two as well to get a little variety of airlines such as Condor, Emirates, Qatar, Vietnam Airlines etc which are parked not even close to T1.

I could put some LH-aircraft on the taxiway though. But lets go step by step, long way to go until the project is finished

Regatds
Sebastian

P.S.: sorry, I dont own a LH744, only 3 748's - could send one of them to Mumbai.. I am looking for LH737, LH CRJ and LH B744 if someone wants to sell. Only NG.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Puddle Jumper

Little update... Putting in some details now! How do you like it?
Attached Thumbnails
Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-details.jpg  
Old 04-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #6
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebithoma View Post

P.S.: sorry, I dont own a LH744, only 3 748's - could send one of them to Mumbai.. I am looking for LH737, LH CRJ and LH B744 if someone wants to sell. Only NG.
Well Sebastian, LH doesn't operate B747-8 to BOM but you could be the first one
Old 04-13-2016, 05:42 AM   #7
Puddle Jumper

Here we go, almost done! Does anybody know a place where I could print the foil in bigger parts than DIN A3/A4? I think the result would get better than printing in the home office since I had to glue about 35 sheets of paper on the wood...
Attached Thumbnails
Frankfurt Airport - Terminal 1, 2 and RWY 25C-eddf500-full-forum.jpg  
Old 04-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Hello together,

I am a little bit sad that nobody gave any hints or inputs so far... Hope you are interessted in the project at all?! After completing the groundfoil I test-printed 2 larger parts today (total of 15 pages DIN A4). Here is the result! I will order the foil somewhere else to get it printed in 1 or maximum 2 pieces. Hope the quality is good enough! Not too bad for my first experience in design on the computer...

Best regards
Old 04-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #9
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Ofcourse we are interested in your project...we were very busy drooling at your project (so far so good) that we forgot to comment!!!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #10
In thrust we trust

MM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobby

You did a really good Job on the layout! Can't wait to see the Terminals finished because I think that building Frankfurt is a really awsome job

To your question: Maybe you know a printer house near your home! So perhaps they can print your big foil out??
MM9024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
Puddle Jumper

Hi folks,

the groundfoil is expected to arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile I ordered some GSE and Gangways and also started to build Terminal 2. Today I had to see that the gangways are unfortunately too big. Have you got any idea how to build own gangways or how to solve the problem? I am also looking for ideas how to realize a 3-gangway A380-Gate. Here are some pictures of the original and the model:

Best Regards!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
Second Officer

Europort27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributor

Its looking great so far! Its going to be an amazing airport. I cant wait for it to be done. I love the gangway foils for T2. How did you make them?
Europort27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #13
Puddle Jumper

Thanks! Again with Microsoft Expression Design 4. For the Window-Front I used Flight Simulator X textures plus LH Logo.

Best Regards!
Old 04-24-2016, 06:35 AM   #14
Puddle Jumper

MrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributorMrEssexFlyer is an excellent contributor

The airport looks awesome so far what i could recommend is using the downloadable jetways from airport diorama rather than the herpa set as this will give you more of an option on positioning the jetways.
Keep it up
MrEssexFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #15
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Great layout, really impressive and well done. Is it 1:400 scale? Compliments, positive rep. added for your great skills and efforts.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: