Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2016, 04:44 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

steffenfrederik is flying under the radar
Maqualas airport accessories

Hello,

Please let me introduce ourselves.

MAQUALAS is a small company from the south of this planet, to be more accurate: Chile. In Chile there is still a large and thriving industry of Craftsmanship. With a dedicated group of these craftsmen's MAQUALAS produces highly detailed scale airports and accessories.

MAQUALAS ACCESSORIES
At this moment MAQUALAS has 3 airport accessory sets in their collection.
First there are the 'Blast Deflectors'. These very detailed blast deflectors redirects the high energy exhaust from a jet engine to prevent damage and injury.
Secondly MAQUALAS has a set of taxiway signs. This set contains 7 taxiway signs, and is the first set of a big family of airport signs. These signs are indispensable for a good flow at your airport.
The Third accessory set that MAQUALAS offers are flood lights. These flood lights are a very accurate copy of the state of the art LED Flood lights which are nowadays used at the modern airports.

For more information please visit our webiste: www.maqualas.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maqualas airport accessories-1-200-scale-gse-blast-deflectors.jpg   Maqualas airport accessories-flood-lights-aeropuerto.jpg   Maqualas airport accessories-airport-gse-taxi-signs.jpg  
steffenfrederik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
RJ Second Officer

JetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributorJetBlue777 is an excellent contributor
Re: Maqualas airport accessories

These are out of this world! Very interesting detail! Keep up! Can't wait to see more!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:32 PM   #3
Earning My Wings

steffenfrederik is flying under the radar

Thanks, we will keep you informed!

Greetings,

www.maqualas.com
steffenfrederik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #4
First Officer

buettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dog

Does anyone know whether Steffen of Maqualas is still around? His Maqualas shop is offline unfortunately.....

My registered fleet (still many items missing):
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/mycollection/collection-24536.html
buettni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by buettni View Post
Does anyone know whether Steffen of Maqualas is still around? His Maqualas shop is offline unfortunately.....
Now i know where you have bought the wonderful lamps and other great accessories for handmade airports.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
First Officer

buettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dog
Globalisation at its best! 🙂

My registered fleet (still many items missing):
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/mycollection/collection-24536.html
buettni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 05:47 AM   #7
Second Officer

klm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributor

Very nice and modern and detailed..

Which scale is this..??

I cannot look at the website..
Old 10-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #8
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

We really need a source for 1:500 tugs and also baggage loaders. Really hard to find these days!! Usually these are sold as bulk items bundled as a package along with a lot of things you don't need or want.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #9
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
We really need a source for 1:500 tugs and also baggage loaders. Really hard to find these days!! Usually these are sold as bulk items bundled as a package along with a lot of things you don't need or want.
3D Printing is a solution for this. I've found a few GSE on Shapeways... and also lots of model airplanes, specially GA, executive and military.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #10
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

The problem with 3D print is that GSE come unpainted.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #11
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
The problem with 3D print is that GSE come unpainted.
Yep... but it's an opportunity to be creative and to develop some skills!
Old 10-11-2019, 12:30 AM   #12
Second Officer

klm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributor

I have some 3d printed GSE in scale 1:400 and those are tiny and difficult to paint.. Let's see what this company comes with in the future and hoping they will stand amongst the other sellers of 3d printed stuff..
Old 10-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #13
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I find the 1:500 3D printed GSE not that difficult to work with quite frankly, if you use model paint brushes and have a slightly steady hand, you'll be fine!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #14
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I find the 1:500 3D printed GSE not that difficult to work with quite frankly, if you use model paint brushes and have a slightly steady hand, you'll be fine!
Yea, I agree with this! At 1:500 scale, I think GSE even looks good with 2-4 colours only. I've painted my pushback tractors with three: white spray-painted body, black tyres (with white dot in the middle, makes it look much better than the basic Herpa GSE with solid black wheels) and silver for the windshield and towbar
Old 10-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #15
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
Yea, I agree with this! At 1:500 scale, I think GSE even looks good with 2-4 colours only. I've painted my pushback tractors with three: white spray-painted body, black tyres (with white dot in the middle, makes it look much better than the basic Herpa GSE with solid black wheels) and silver for the windshield and towbar
The problem is that when releasing the most different and various handmade airports it is impossible to give an "identity" to GSE. I would like to paint the various GSE in the "livery" of the different airports they work for, but with so many airports i can't.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aiport, diorama, floodlights, gse, gse accessories

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: