A professionnal attitude at Waffle Collectible! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-13-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
A380 fan

oben1964 is getting startedoben1964 is getting startedoben1964 is getting startedoben1964 is getting started
A professionnal attitude at Waffle Collectible!

Hi guys,
I placed an order on Waffle collectible web site and there was a missunderstood between two words"our" and "your". My first language is french not english but I'm trying to do my best.

I asked one of the owner Kathleen Warfel to cancel my order and they refused, It's not even shipped yet. So I send her back a message to send it anyway but after 6 order this one will be the very last one and also ask her to close my account!

Have a look at the answer of Micheal Warfel...

Hello,

This is the problem with the arrogant French attitude of the people of Quebec. You were taught English, it's a national language so it's not our problems as Americans who speak English if you a CANADIAN, can't understand English. So I suggest instead of buying toy airplanes you enroll yourself in some primary course English "c l a s s " so you can understand your own damn language. The door is that way, don't let it hit your arrogant French-Canadian "a s s " on the way out. Au revoir!

Is this a professional attitude??

Last edited by oben1964; 05-13-2015 at 08:48 AM.
oben1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2015, 12:59 AM   #2
Puddle Jumper

1Herpa500 is flying under the radar
Re: A professionnal attitude at Waffle Collectible!

Thats unbelievable. Complete arrogance on his side, not yours. The fact that this is someone who owns a business/works for one is even more ridiculous. I have family who aren't native english speakers so this hits home for me--it's absurd how people think they can treat others in such way (and it happens all the time). What an unprofessional, pretentious racist. Thanks for posting this because I certainly won't be giving them any business, and I hope you won't anymore either.

Also, "it's not our problems", as she says, is not proper english... Nor is the use of her commas, or lack thereof
1Herpa500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #3
A380 fan

oben1964 is getting startedoben1964 is getting startedoben1964 is getting startedoben1964 is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Herpa500 View Post
Thats unbelievable. Complete arrogance on his side, not yours. The fact that this is someone who owns a business/works for one is even more ridiculous. I have family who aren't native english speakers so this hits home for me--it's absurd how people think they can treat others in such way (and it happens all the time). What an unprofessional, pretentious racist. Thanks for posting this because I certainly won't be giving them any business, and I hope you won't anymore either.

Also, "it's not our problems", as she says, is not proper english... Nor is the use of her commas, or lack thereof
Thanks for your support!
I opened a case at Paypal and he replied almost immediately saying that I was attempting to commit fraud and that I was abusing Paypay system!

It's sad because I never had problems with them before and I taught it was a good business to deal with!

Old 05-13-2015, 05:06 AM   #4
Captain

Pieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dog

Here in Europe, you have always a certain period of time, in which you can cancel your order without giving a reason.
It is a customer right to cancel it, within 14 days... The right of withdrawal.
Certainly applicable for webshops.
Pieter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #5
A380 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter666 View Post
Here in Europe, you have always a certain period of time, in which you can cancel your order without giving a reason.
It is a customer right to cancel it, within 14 days... The right of withdrawal.
Certainly applicable for webshops.

You're right and I could have understood if the order was already shipped but's that's not the case here.
He's insulting people from my country because I asked to cancel an order and that I will never order from them anymore.

Here in Canada, we have 2 official languages, English and French.

This guy should advise the customers that if they don't speak english perfectly, they should hesitate before buying!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
Captain

Pieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dog

I know the feeling: here in Belgium, we have 3 official languages... Dutch, French and German.

But I find his reaction also unprofessional, he hasn't made any costs at it, such as packing material, postage costs, ...
Old 05-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Waffle isn't known for their Quality of service as well as the friendlyness of their staff. You can fond a lot of complaint threads here as well as on other forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter666 View Post
I know the feeling: here in Belgium, we have 3 official languages... Dutch, French and German.
That eternal and stupid problem...

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #8
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Waffle isn't known for their Quality of service as well as the friendlyness of their staff. You can fond a lot of complaint threads here as well as on other forums

That eternal and stupid problem...

Indeed
Old 05-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #9
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

That's....unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

What happened to 'the customer is always right?!?

I work in a GP surgery here in the UK and we get some terrible people come in, really rude and abusive. Yet as is expected we must sit there and take it because the client/patient is 'always right'. You can't shout back or abuse them no matter how much you want to. Yes, they annoy you, yes, you want to shout back but you just can't, it's not professional and it does nothing to help the situation.

As a side note, I was considering making my first order ever from Waffle collectibles this week. Rest assured they will never be getting my business now after seeing how they have treated you.
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #10
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oben1964 View Post
This is the problem with the arrogant French attitude
Wow, Iím glad to be arrogant. Stupid reaction from them...

Thanks for sharing, Iíll never order to them.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #11
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Good ol' Waffle. That's his attitude. It's pretty much a take it or leave it type thing. He takes his business serious and hates when people try to get money out of him. He claims he's the best in the business, when in reality he's not. I've only bought from him once and wasn't too happy about it. He does have nice prices on the collection sale, but that's about it.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #12
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby

Certainly have had a mixed bag of experiences with this seller. My first orders were flawless and some of the best models I have received. Then one day I had spent the entire day deciding on what I wanted out of a special sale he was having that also included getting a free model if you bought a certain amount. When I went to place the order, items started disappearing from the sale section because he was moving them back to the regular prices. I asked him politely if he could still honor the prices along with the free model, and he told me rudely absolutely not, that he could not offer a deal like that, and to go to another store if I was bothered about it. The odd thing was if I had placed the order one hour earlier, I would have got them all for the lower price and the free model! But yet I tried his store again a few months later because he had a couple of my long desired models in his collection sale, and with that order I had a problem with a defective model. He politely apologized and immediately refunded my money. Hard to tell what to expect with this seller!

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9
DeltaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #13
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by oben1964 View Post
This guy should advise the customers that if they don't speak english perfectly, they should hesitate before buying!
Not saying i support his attitude, but it seems it would be easier to avoid him completely if one doesn't speak perfect english. In order to avoid a possible missunderstanding i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
Yes, they annoy you, yes, you want to shout back but you just can't, it's not professional and it does nothing to help the situation.
I think that's one of the "advantages" of having an online business. If you abuse someone in person, verbally, it might have serious consequences. If you abuse someone from the comfort of your own home/office in front of a computer screen, "what could happen?"
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #14
First Officer

alexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dog

Never had any problems with him personally but this isn't the first time I've heard of something like this happening.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #15
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

Waffle is best known for their prices, inventory buyouts, DIMA and reasonable shipping costs. He is not know for his personality or his ECS Exceptional Customer Service. I have met his wife and she was nice in person.

Last edited by cameraman1031; 05-14-2015 at 07:08 PM. Reason: sp
cameraman1031 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: