All Aboard! (All things Railways). - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #91
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby
Re: All Aboard! (All things Railways).

The metro has not really got paint on the interior as such although the windows and metal panels have absolutely disgusting carvings in them; swastikas, genitalia, anarchy symbols etc. it's absaloutly disgusting the way people go on honestly if I cought someone doing that to one of our trains I would tell them w pice of my mind.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #92
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-200ER View Post
I hate this vandalism! I just wish these thieves would realise how much people's time is wasted. Also the millions of pounds that the government could better spend on improving services.
They do know, they just don't care.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #93
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
They do know, they just don't care.
Is there a lot of vandalism is Sweden too?

The problem with the old Brussels metro trains is that the material of the walls and doorsisn't easy to clean correctly so those "paintings" often stays there for many days. They recently replaced the seats of all older trains with new antivandalism plastic seats. However, new metro trains, stations, trams and buses don't have many vandalism problems (seats on the newer trams and buses are made of leather and are very respected). Also, plastic foils are placed on the windows of every metro trains and most trams to avoid scratches. Sadly, they don't replce the foils very often as it requires a lot of work.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2014, 08:19 PM   #94
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Same here!

Vandalism isn't a too big problem on the Belgian railways. However, Some trains have their exteriors full of graffit!

This never happens to trams, light rails and metros but the interior of some metro trains of lines 2 and 6 does.
As far as mainline rail goes, you usually see this on the Freight network. They [taggers we call them] don't usually touch the locomotives, but they do go through what rolling stock they can. It does happen on Amtrak, but is even more rare. Some of the commuter and mass transit trains (like the New York' MTA Trains) might have a problem, but this is becoming less of a problem with them, as virtually all the railroads have their own real police force who likely watch over the yards where the stuff is kept very closely.

For Freight, most of the vandalism likely happens while the rolling stock is kept at a private industry rather than an active rail-yard (not to say that smaller Yards, like Orlando's Taft Yard might not have taggers that sneak in at times when there is nothing operating through or in. I'm sure that's how a lot of the Autoracks get their tags.) Most Roads and rolling stock owners usually don't paint over the graffiti, even the obscene stuff, so as long as the road reporting marks, and other safety related things are not covered up, and most taggers seem to know this. Even if they do get covered up though, the road typically paints a big rectangle on one corner, slaps on a new safety sticker, and resprays the reporting mark.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #95
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Is there a lot of vandalism is Sweden too?
Oh yeah. Broken windows, graffiti, stolen cables, green lasers pointed at the drivers, broken benches, sharp objects hidden in seats, large objects left on the tracks, etc. etc.

One subway driver here in Stockholm was even assaulted when he confronted a group of graffiti "artists" at a station. That's another problem that we have here, violence. Not too long ago a trainmaster was stabbed on duty by a drunk. She survived, but i don't think she's going back to work.
I do remember one funny even though. A subway driver was threatened by a group of thugs. He took the fire extinguisher he had in the cab and sprayed them, left them on the platform looking like snowmen.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #96
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

I don't think I'm imagining it when I say graffiti atttacks on rolling stock in the UK seem to be on the wane. Once upon a time (10-12 years ago) it was commonplace to see graffiti all over DMU's, locos, wagons and station signs etc. There appears to be much less now, even on the streets graffiti is certainly less prominent.

On another note; picked up a Lima Class 60 in BR Petroleum sector livery today for just 25 Bargain! I think detailing and a repaint into Transrail livery as 60032 is in order.
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:04 AM   #97
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor

Wow, good find! I look forward to seeing the results of the repaint.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:33 AM   #98
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Oh yeah. Broken windows, graffiti, stolen cables, green lasers pointed at the drivers, broken benches, sharp objects hidden in seats, large objects left on the tracks, etc. etc.

One subway driver here in Stockholm was even assaulted when he confronted a group of graffiti "artists" at a station. That's another problem that we have here, violence. Not too long ago a trainmaster was stabbed on duty by a drunk. She survived, but i don't think she's going back to work.
I do remember one funny even though. A subway driver was threatened by a group of thugs. He took the fire extinguisher he had in the cab and sprayed them, left them on the platform looking like snowmen.
Violance is a problem in Brussels too. In fact almost all cases of violance and vandalism happens on the north-eastern branch of line 6 and between the stations Beekkant and Gare de l'Ouest/Weststation, a common section served by all lines.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:54 AM   #99
Sympathy for the devil 😈

On this map in the attachment you can see inside the red sqaire the "unsafe" stations of the metro system. The south-eastern branch of line 5 is much safer than the rest of the "unsafe sqaire" but less safer than the rest of the network.
Large stations (Gare du Midi/Zuidstation, Gare Cantrale/Centraalstation and Gare du Nord/Noordstation) can sometimes be unsafe, mostly because of pickpockets but that's like in most railway stations of the world.
Attached Thumbnails
All Aboard! (All things Railways).-image.jpg  

Old 01-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #100
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

With regards to graffiti in the uk it doesnt seem to be on many passenger trains, for instance when I was at ncl Two GBRF class 66 came through and were both covered in grafitii, although on of the arriva cross country Voyagers had someones name sprayed on the side...
Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #101
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor

Yeah. Fortunately in Northen Scotland there is not quite as much graffiti around the railways but its not uncommon to see coal hoppers with art on the side.....
Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #102
Sympathy for the devil 😈

The biggest problem in Belgium are the trainyards. It is very easy to enter and to get very close of the trains. For example, the biggest trainyard of the country located next to the station of Brussels South can be very easily accessed trough the platforms of a very small station located next to an industrial park which is almost desert at night. The most stupid thing is that the access to the platforms isn't closed at night. As you can see it's very easy to "paint" the trains. Only the trainyard for highspeed trains (Thalys, Eurostar and TGV) is protected with fences.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #103
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Here's a very choking video. It happened in the Paris metro (France):
http://youtu.be/umU0M4v244A

Old 01-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #104
RJ Captain

Quote:
Here's a very choking video. It happened in the Paris metro (France):
http://youtu.be/umU0M4v244A
Wow, that's quite scarey, it just seems so well organised!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #105
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
With regards to graffiti in the uk it doesnt seem to be on many passenger trains, for instance when I was at ncl Two GBRF class 66 came through and were both covered in grafitii, although on of the arriva cross country Voyagers had someones name sprayed on the side...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-200ER View Post
Yeah. Fortunately in Northen Scotland there is not quite as much graffiti around the railways but its not uncommon to see coal hoppers with art on the side.....
I think companies tend to take a bit more pride in their stock nowadays than they did previously. Between 1997 and about 2005/2006 most of the locos and rolling stock was still inherited ex-BR stuff and life-expired, so there wasn't much point constantly repainting and repairing them as they broke down or got vandalised. Now that most locos are new and new DMU and EMU stock is coming online, there is more incentive to keep them looking good and performing well.

Having said that, I much preferred the railways of the early 2000's to the current setup!
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
railways, train simulator 2015

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: