All Aboard! (All things Railways). - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #76
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor
Re: All Aboard! (All things Railways).

Lucky you. I wish I was fully in command!

Old 12-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #77
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

I know how you feel, guys

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #78
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

I was asked on another forum if i could show my 11 car strong Stockholm metro fleet. They are still works in progress, but they are divided as such:
6 cars will become revenue cars
4 cars (bottom row) are guinea pigs
1 will become something completely different

There they are, all 11 cars more or less identical still.

But what about the one that is neither a guinea pig or a revenue car? Well, my friends... That will be converted to... This:

Vy från Neglinge. Ellok/ackumulatorlok f.d. tunnelbanevagn nr 2003 litt. C2 f.d. litt. C1. | Spårvägsmuseet

That, my friends, is the worlds longest shunter, or switcher as they're known in the US. The A225 number 9239, one of a kind, rebuilt in 1977 from burnt out C2 metro car number 2003.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #79
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor

Wow, beautiful models! They look great already.
That is one huge shunter, and I thought class 14s were large!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #80
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Nice!

I have one of those cars, a relative who visited Stockholm a looooong time ago gave me one.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #81
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777-200ER View Post
Wow, beautiful models! They look great already.
That is one huge shunter, and I thought class 14s were large!
I am going to improve them with numbers, details, and maybe a clear coat. Also, one of the cars will be painted in the short lived blue version.

It was actually even larger than shown in that photo as it normally had two special flatcars coupled to it so that it could switch regular freight cars. You see, they didn't change the couplers on the car when they rebuilt it, so it still had the standard automatic metro car couplers, and the freight cars had standard hook and loop couplers. Therefore it needed one adapter car at each end to perform as it was meant to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Nice!

I have one of those cars, a relative who visited Stockholm a looooong time ago gave me one.
I think they started selling the cars back in 2000 or something, and they haven't changed a thing!
Old 12-26-2014, 08:26 AM   #82
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
I am going to improve them with numbers, details, and maybe a clear coat. Also, one of the cars will be painted in the short lived blue version.

It was actually even larger than shown in that photo as it normally had two special flatcars coupled to it so that it could switch regular freight cars. You see, they didn't change the couplers on the car when they rebuilt it, so it still had the standard automatic metro car couplers, and the freight cars had standard hook and loop couplers. Therefore it needed one adapter car at each end to perform as it was meant to.

I think they started selling the cars back in 2000 or something, and they haven't changed a thing!
Oh. I think we call them shunters trucks over here in the UK.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #83
Red Eagles!

That could be one word to describe them with. However those flatcars actually started out as real revenue freight cars before getting metro couplers in one end each. Both cars are about three quarters the length a C2 car!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #84
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
It has come to my attention that the bogies on the TKAB 1st class coach, the middle one, are incorrect for this particular car. But fear not, correct replacement bogies have been ordered. Free of charge, would you believe it? The roof is also incorrect, but i am in the process of fixing a deal to order a custom built sleeper for the train which will use that roof. And in return i will also get a correct roof for use on my 1st class coach. When fixed i will post a picture of the updated coach, and when it arrives i'll post a pic of the sleeper.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #85
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Sorry to deviate from model trains as the northern portion of the ECML had a bit of a distaster today, trains were forced to terminate at Newcastle as between there and Edinburgh had some issues of some sort they werent being very clear but today of all days I decided to travell to the metrocenter (One of englands largest shopping malls) but unfortunately i missed my train and had to go via Newcastle on the tyne and wear metro to catch my Northern Rail Class 156 instead. I heard about this at the metrocenter station by a group of railfans awaiting an Eastcoast Class 43 diverting via Carlisle on its way to Edinburgh, as it is a disel and the more common Class 91's arent most services were canceled beyond ncl. As I needed to switch trains at newcastle I was debating whether to take the Metro or another northern Class 156 (obviously the 156 ) on the way back the driver keept honking the horn and decellerating hard it was not obvious at the time but about halfway between sunderland and newcastle I noticed a youth run across the other track and as I arrived at sunderland I was greeted by a HUGE croud of people caused by youths stealing wires between stations in broaud daylight, surely not! but if I had not taken the northern train i would probablys still be in newcastle now. Not a good day for the north east

heres a pic of the Edinburgh delays at newcastle before it got realy bad!

Last edited by Kestrel; 12-30-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #86
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wire stealing is a huge problem in the Belgian railways. It causes many delays! There are approx. 4 wire steal acts every day. That's why Infrabel (track operator) makes many prevention ads.
Attached Thumbnails
All Aboard! (All things Railways).-image.jpg  

Last edited by Wingslover; 12-30-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #87
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Wire stealing is a huge problem in the Belgian railways. It causes many delays! There are approx. 4 wire steal acts every day. That's why Infrabel (track operator) makes many prevention ads.
It's a large problem here in Sweden too. Not every day, but something like once or twice a month. The delays caused are enormous!

I think it happens in all countries that have electric railways.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #88
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Yeah it happens alot here too although most only cause small delays, but every now and again we see major delays but nothing as bad as today, it looked planned as they were Stealing between stations causing some to be isolated to make it worse people planning on traveling to edinburgh whos train was cancelled had a hard job getting home as some were trying to get the metro. National rail tried to fix this and failed all they did was tell passengers to take the hourly Northern rail service instead of the Metro but it would take for more than one train per hour to fix the backlog.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #89
RJ Captain

I hate this vandalism! I just wish these thieves would realise how much people's time is wasted. Also the millions of pounds that the government could better spend on improving services.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #90
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Yeah it happens alot here too although most only cause small delays, but every now and again we see major delays
Same here!

Vandalism isn't a too big problem on the Belgian railways. However, Some trains have their exteriors full of graffit!

This never happens to trams, light rails and metros but the interior of some metro trains of lines 2 and 6 does.

Here's an exemple of what some stupid guys did to the Horta light rail ststion:
Quote:

Source: http://suieetcendres.blogspot.be/201...o-station.html

BRUSSELS - The metro station Horta in Saint-Gilles has been closed for a whole day after acts of vandalism during the night.
Unknown persons perpetrated in the metro stations and threw huge amounts of paint everywhere. They covered the surveillance camera's first. Paint is everywhere.
The direction of the public transport company STIB speaks of a situation with no precedent.
The entrance gates were blocked with wood.
The judiciary police is investigating the case. The station only reopened a day later.

21/1/2012
http://www.dhnet.be/regions/bruxelle...tro-horta.html
Attached Thumbnails
All Aboard! (All things Railways).-image.jpg  

Last edited by Wingslover; 12-30-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Tags
railways, train simulator 2015

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: